Remake of Interview with a Vampire - MORE WOKE/RACIST GARBAGE

It really isn't about the diversity of a cast for me. I don't have a problem with that.

What bothers me, is remaking perfectly good movies and TEE VEE shows, why not make new stuff?

The reason they want to remake a lot of the older stuff? Is they have no new ideas, this is easier, it is lazy.

I'm honestly not offended by "diversity," unless it actually goes contrary to something that is inherent to the plot and characterization, simply to push a political agenda.

The old Soviet Union and Communists used to do this. They controlled artists. If an artist had themes in their artwork that did not glorify the ideals of the party? They were not allowed funding by the state, or they could not exhibit their work in the public sphere.

At this point? It ceases to be art, and becomes propaganda. It is no longer something beautiful, but something ugly and vulgar.

This is what folks unanimously commented on the video of the Prime Trailer, the day after it dropped on the Super Bowl, and this is pretty much what folks are telling you. Most folks don't think it has anything to do with, "diversity." It has to do with trying to infuse politics into art.

View attachment 694495

And because of ESG investing metrics now, any mass media that does not conform to, and push a certain paradigm, does not get instituional investment activity now. This is really, not a whole lot different than the bullshit that went on in the former Soviet Union, or what goes on in China.

This leads to bizarre type shit, like women portraying what should be male characters, or black folks portraying historical white figures in history. Homosexuals being shoe-horned into what is known as folks that were heterosexual characters, either in history, or in source material. Folks don't like it.

But if the reverse were done? That would not be allowed. IT isn't about, "free artistic expression," or having an open mind, it is about destroying the culture, and twisting narratives.

AND NO, I don't support any of it. It destroys history, and the vision of artists.
They do remakes for two reasons...
1) There is a built in audience. Especially in a franchise like Star Wars, Game of Thrones etc. They can count on a significant number of people will show up.
2) They already have a base for a story, already have a cast of characters... all they need to do is write something else for those characters to do.

And mots of the time... they just fuck it up. Occasionally do a good story like in the 2nd The Conjuring. Very good. The third one... not so much.

They do remakes for two reasons...
1) There is a built in audience. Especially in a franchise like Star Wars, Game of Thrones etc. They can count on a significant number of people will show up.
2) They already have a base for a story, already have a cast of characters... all they need to do is write something else for those characters to do.

And mots of the time... they just fuck it up. Occasionally do a good story like in the 2nd The Conjuring. Very good. The third one... not so much.
That last Top Gun they did, wasn't so bad, nor was that last Ghost Busters that they did in tribute to one of the two creators of the series, Harold Ramis.

For years I have been wanting to watch the original, I've only seen clips. Maybe I will watch both, but not before I see the original first.
I saw the original when it was a new release on video. Was a great movie and introduced Brad Pitt to the mainstream as it was most everyones first impression of him. At the time it was the grunge era and this movie sort of fit somewhere in that. Big hit with the aunties as the Anne Rice was a harlequin type success. Being a kid and into fantasy I liked it and was already quite familiar with Tom Cruise. Though I dont think anyone could really accept Tom Cruise with long hair it didnt look right. Haven't seen it since probably 1998 around there.

Last edited:
Pitt wasn't a good choice either in my opinion. Actually...i think the movie might have done better had both those roles been played by someone else. The only good acting in it was Kirsten Dunst. Remarkable performance for such a young actress.
I think he really got into the role and it worked well.

Have you noticed that diversity never improves?
Hollywoke at this point is completely bereft of any creativity, or talent. They have been relegated to taking films, and shows that were popular back in their day, and just slapping black characters in where they never existed, for the sake of pandering to the woke crowd. It's nothing more than a shameless cash grab. But as long as idiots are willing to part with their cash, these unimaginative, low quality films and shows will continue to be produced.

Forum List

Back