Anguille

Bane of the Urbane
Mar 8, 2008
2 Street Preachers Shot to Death in Florida

Sunday , February 07, 2010
service_ap_36.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

BOYNTON BEACH, Fla. —
Two men ministering on the streets of Boynton Beach were allegedly gunned down by an 18-year-old man. Police say 24-year-old Tite Sufra and 23-year-old Stephen Ocean were preaching to Jeriah Woody for about 15 minutes, until he got a phone call.
Woody left, but then allegedly started walking toward the two. When Sufra approached, Woody allegedly shot him in the head. Ocean ran, and police say Woody shot him in the back, then walked up and shot him again — this time in the head at point-blank range.
Police said a witness identified Woody, who is known by the street name "Plug." He surrendered Wednesday on two counts of first-degree murder charges.
It could not be determined if Woody had an attorney.

2 Street Preachers Shot to Death in Florida - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

service_ap_36.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

BOYNTON BEACH, Fla. —
Two men ministering on the streets of Boynton Beach were allegedly gunned down by an 18-year-old man. Police say 24-year-old Tite Sufra and 23-year-old Stephen Ocean were preaching to Jeriah Woody for about 15 minutes, until he got a phone call.
Woody left, but then allegedly started walking toward the two. When Sufra approached, Woody allegedly shot him in the head. Ocean ran, and police say Woody shot him in the back, then walked up and shot him again — this time in the head at point-blank range.
Police said a witness identified Woody, who is known by the street name "Plug." He surrendered Wednesday on two counts of first-degree murder charges.

2 Street Preachers Shot to Death in Florida - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

When Pat Tillman was murdered, a Lt. Col. told his parents that if they were Christian instead of atheist, they wouldn't feel so bad because now Pat gets to be with "God".

service_ap_36.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

BOYNTON BEACH, Fla. —

When Pat Tillman was murdered, a Lt. Col. told his parents that if they were Christian instead of atheist, they wouldn't feel so bad because now Pat gets to be with "God".

WOW--thanks for that input too

service_ap_36.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

BOYNTON BEACH, Fla. —

Some Christians are so tactful.
perhaps that notion will soothe the pain of the families and friends of these preachers. :eusa_eh:

I wonder what religion these street preachers were? I wonder if "Plug" was of any religion? Maybe they were all the same religion? :confused:

I think you're referring to this?

In comments to ESPN, Kauzlarich said: "These people have a hard time letting it go. It may be because of their religious beliefs" and "When you die, I mean, there is supposedly a better life, right? Well, if you are an atheist and you don’t believe in anything, if you die, what is there to go to? Nothing. You are worm dirt. So for their son to die for nothing and now he is no more... I do not know how an atheist thinks, I can only imagine that would be pretty tough."[40] Lt. Col. Ralph Kauzlarich conducted the second investigation into Tillman's death which lasted a week, from May 8, 2004, to May 15, 2004.

I couldn't believe a Christian would say that to grieving parents and I doubt that he did. It sounds like comments AFTER an interview. I can only hope he didn't think he would be quoted when he said it to ESPN reporters, who were heartless to put it in print, even if it's true. Kauzlarich got punished for saying it to a reporter, but the motivation of the reporter to print that...I would lay bets on.

Last edited:

In comments to ESPN, Kauzlarich said: "These people have a hard time letting it go. It may be because of their religious beliefs" and "When you die, I mean, there is supposedly a better life, right? Well, if you are an atheist and you don’t believe in anything, if you die, what is there to go to? Nothing. You are worm dirt. So for their son to die for nothing and now he is no more... I do not know how an atheist thinks, I can only imagine that would be pretty tough."[40] Lt. Col. Ralph Kauzlarich conducted the second investigation into Tillman's death which lasted a week, from May 8, 2004, to May 15, 2004.

I couldn't believe a Christian would say that to grieving parents and I doubt that he did. It sounds like comments AFTER an interview. I can only hope he didn't think he would be quoted when he said it to ESPN reporters, who were heartless to put it in print, even if it's true. Kauzlarich got punished for saying it to a reporter, but the motivation of the reporter to print that...I would lay bets on.
According to your quote, it doesn't sound like he said it directly to the parents. It's a reporter's job to report what relevant things important people say. It seems like Kauzlaich did not intend to be hurtful, he was just expressing his own wonderment and perhaps curiosity. I have no idea how the parents reacted but atheists hear this stuff often enough and it isn't really troublesome, at least not to me.
Atheists try not to be judgmental. :eusa_angel:

According to your quote, it doesn't sound like he said it directly to the parents. It's a reporter's job to report what relevant things important people say. It seems like Kauzlaich did not intend to be hurtful, he was just expressing his own wonderment and perhaps curiosity. I have no idea how the parents reacted but atheists hear this stuff often enough and it isn't really troublesome, at least not to me.

except when it comes to talking about certain people :rofl:

except when it comes to talking about certain people :rofl:
You mean Jen? Well, we atheists are human after all. :lol:

Ever been interviewed? There's a definite "on the record" and "off the record" feel to it. I've seen pages and pages of material be pared down to a couple of sentences. I bet there was plenty of other points the Lt Col. made that got omitted. His personal beliefs about what happens after death...I don't think that was supposed to be the focus of the story or what he had a press release for. I could be wrong though, wasn't there.

Last edited:

Ever been interviewed? There's a definite "on the record" and "off the record" feel to it. I've seen pages and pages of material be pared down to a couple of sentences. I bet there was plenty of other points the Lt Col. made that got omitted. His personal beliefs about what happens after death...I don't think that was supposed to be the focus of the story or what he had a press release for. I could be wrong though, wasn't there.
Yes, I have.

Im rather curious about the why behind it. But since it looks like we have already ben inundated with people who dont really give a crap, i suspect we may never find out.

Forum List

Back