Religion and Ethics?

krypto

May 16, 2016
These two words don't even belong in the same sentence. Religion is about one thing only. LIES! There is nothing "ethical" about lies. Also, "if" any religious figure does anything that can be considered to be "good," it only proves the old saying that the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

• Banned
Morals is not killing.
Ethics is killing 10,000 to save 11,000.

If you have to kill to survive, as long as you survive in an ethical manner, then killing is moral. Ethics is a bit more of a complicated subject. Because with most people being criminals, how well can you judge their ethics. Also, the U.S. backed Stalin during WW II. And he was FAR worse than anybody can pretend Hitler was. The way Stalin looked at it, he said, "If one man dies of hunger, that is a tragedy. If millions die, that is a statistic."

Last edited:
1) sometimes not killing is immoral,
like when a Dr does nothing to stop the spread of cancer that kills the whole body.
You mean Morality is not Murdering.
2) religion is the act of expressing and discovering what is our purpose and being, thus what is right or wrong, good or bad without being subjective. Just because some religions fail at this doesnct mean you broadstroke them all. Without the ones who are right then the ethical questions become gray areas blinding proper decisions and conclusions, making them subjective to both polarity sides.
Morning Star(messenger of kingdom in death)
Evening Star (messenger kingdom of life) is the perfect example of that subjective tug of war, and to throw both out because one is wrong, is to ignore the voice of reason showing everyone that mistake of the other.
=post fails, because it throws the Liberator out with the bathwater. ;-)

1) sometimes not killing is immoral,
like when a Dr does nothing to stop the spread of cancer that kills the whole body.
You mean Morality is not Murdering.
2) religion is the act of expressing and discovering what is our purpose and being, thus what is right or wrong, good or bad without being subjective. Just because some religions fail at this doesnct mean you broadstroke them all. Without the ones who are right then the ethical questions become gray areas blinding proper decisions and conclusions, making them subjective to both polarity sides.
Morning Star(messenger of kingdom in death)
Evening Star (messenger kingdom of life) is the perfect example of that subjective tug of war, and to throw both out because one is wrong, is to ignore the voice of reason showing everyone that mistake of the other.
=post fails, because it throws the Liberator out with the bathwater. ;-)

Yes. Sometimes to not kill is immoral. But your argument using doctors and cancer doesn't make much sense. If you went to a doctor who wouldn't treat your cancer, you should go to another doctor. Next, don't tell me what I mean. Next, I have a better metaphore. If you are seriously screwed up in some way with no hope and a doctor doesn't help you end your life, that would be immoral.

Next, don't tell me what religion is. I know what it is. Filth. There have been and still are zillions of different kinds of religion on the planet. If they all weren't full of shit, they wouldn't be different. Also, religion is just a way that people have to justify whatever screwed up thing they may do.

These two words don't even belong in the same sentence. Religion is about one thing only. LIES! .....

Ah, another bigot troll.

I am an Atheist. Also, you say "bigot" like it was a bad thing.

All three are bad things.

I said Atheist and Bigot. What was the third supposedly bad thing.

Troll

You said troll. I didn't. Also, I hope I am a troll. Because do you know what the opposite of a troll is? A fairy. As in homosexual.

As trendy as it is to attack religion I never heard a consistent answer about what atheistic morals are.

And the worst moral philosophies I've heard of aren't religious but atheist; such as the atheist Marquis de Sade who believed morality was meaningless and that rape, incest, pedophilia, murder were acceptable; I don't think an atheist could prove him "wrong"

As trendy as it is to attack religion I never heard a consistent answer about what atheistic morals are.

And the worst moral philosophies I've heard of aren't religious but atheist; such as the atheist Marquis de Sade who believed morality was meaningless and that rape, incest, pedophilia, murder were acceptable; I don't think an atheist could prove him "wrong"

There is nothing consistant about religion either. Also, if you're going to take th Marquis de Sade rout, why not bring Aleister Crowley into the discussion too. Another thing is that with all the religious inspired warfare that is talked about in the old testament, I would be shocked if there was no rape happening. Also, I forget off hand who the guy was, but there was the guy in the old testament who had sex with his daughters. I don't buy the crap about him supposedly being too drunk to know. And something you might find interesting about pedophilia comes from the talmud. It says, "In one, for instance, where her husband had intercourse with her before the age of three and found blood, and when he had intercourse after the age of three he found no blood."

Forum List

Back