Refs seal the Win for Pats with a bullsh*t call in the final 2 minutes.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
BciORuyCAAAvODW.jpg

No Cowboy fan here but the tripping call with 2 minutes to go appears to be a ref insuring a win for the Patriots. As someone put it so well, "The ones tripping were the Refs!". The penalty was called for a Patriots lineman falling down with no leg contact at all. Maybe the worst, game affecting call I've seen this year.

Dallas Cowboys victimized by B.S. tripping call in loss to New England Patriots: ‘Only ones trippin’ are refs’

The worst, game affecting call in that game was Jason Garrett's decision to go for 3 points instead of going for a tying touchdown. You really think they're going to score another touchdown in that weather with less than two minutes to go against THAT defense after kicking a field goal to put them down by 4?

No Cowboy fan here but the tripping call with 2 minutes to go appears to be a ref insuring a win for the Patriots. As someone put it so well, "The ones tripping were the Refs!". The penalty was called for a Patriots lineman falling down with no leg contact at all. Maybe the worst, game affecting call I've seen this year.

Dallas Cowboys victimized by B.S. tripping call in loss to New England Patriots: ‘Only ones trippin’ are refs’

The worst, game affecting call in that game was Jason Garrett's decision to go for 3 points instead of going for a tying touchdown. You really think they're going to score another touchdown in that weather with less than two minutes to go against THAT defense after kicking a field goal to put them down by 4?
That was a bad decision but it does not negate a Ref making a terrible call in the last 2 minutes that definitely affected the game, if not the outcome. That is exactly what they are not supposed to do.

The refs don't have the benefit of 35 different camera angles and slow motion during a live play.

Root for the Cowboys long enough and you get used to this kind of thing.

Just like the "completed catch".

It was a good call you can’t lift your leg like that

You and maybe a few other Pat's fans believe that...the rest of the world disagrees with you.

Awful call.

No ass whipping in the 2nd half by the way.

The Patriots always get a little help along the way.

That was a bad decision but it does not negate a Ref making a terrible call in the last 2 minutes that definitely affected the game, if not the outcome. That is exactly what they are not supposed to do.

Refs make bad calls. It's how the world turns. Fact is...the Cowboys had the ball at about the Patriot's 15 yard line...down 7...with a fourth and 7. What does 3 points do for you that late in the game? You still have to get possession back from Tom Brady...which isn't going to be easy...and then you're going to have to drive the length of the field in awful weather...pouring rain and almost 20mph wind. If I'm the Cowboy's coach I'm going for the touchdown and if I come up short I'm going to rely on my defense to pin the Patriots deep in their own territory where I'm going to get good field position after a punt. I'm sorry but the Cowboys lost that game because they were out coached.

Refs make bad calls. It's how the world turns. Fact is...the Cowboys had the ball at about the Patriot's 15 yard line...down 7...with a fourth and 7. What does 3 points do for you that late in the game? You still have to get possession back from Tom Brady...which isn't going to be easy...and then you're going to have to drive the length of the field in awful weather...pouring rain and almost 20mph wind. If I'm the Cowboy's coach I'm going for the touchdown and if I come up short I'm going to rely on my defense to pin the Patriots deep in their own territory where I'm going to get good field position after a punt. I'm sorry but the Cowboys lost that game because they were out coached.

The thread is simply about a really really bad call.

We will never know what would have happened had the Cowboys been allowed to keep the ball.

If history is any indication my guess is that the Patriots would have found something else to throw at them to win the game. It's what they DO, Sun Devil! Take that punt by the Cowboys where the Patriots had nobody deep and brought everyone up on the line threatening to blitz the kicker. The Cowboys panicked. They didn't know what to do...took a penalty and ended up losing 20 net yards off the original kick. The Patriots don't panic. They seem to have already practiced for EVERYTHING! I'd bet any amount of money that they have gone over exactly what to do if another team lines up like that and would have a play designed to counter it. It's why THEY win and teams like the Cowboys lose!

when it involved the cheaters,what else is new? this is the truth about them the cheatriot apologists dont like to hear.

797c624433c3311dd489f561accf332d--patriots-memes.jpg

b007287ecce1b3020012e094ff362bea.jpg

e3a2e3037728e3d52ca4ae66dacf7305.jpg

f90eddb5e977939b13db0b925f015a0a--embedded-image-permalink.jpg
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301:

You and maybe a few other Pat's fans believe that...the rest of the world disagrees with you.

Awful call.

you nailed it.,could not have said it better myself.:2up::beer::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2: they cant win big games without the help of the refs who ALWAYS gives them the calls and never gives the other teams the calls.:rolleyes:

The officiating for the entire game was terrible. Bad calls and non-calls, on BOTH teams.
True, but I just don't see throwing a flag on a final two minute drive unless there is something blatantly obvious. It reminded me of the kind of call made during a rivalry high school game by a home town ref.

Awful call.

you nailed it.,could not have said it better myself.:2up::beer::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2: they cant win big games without the help of the refs who ALWAYS gives them the calls and never gives the other teams the calls.:rolleyes:

Gee, somebody who's a fan of a team that's performing like crap this year is whining and pointing fingers at others! Where have I seen THIS before!

the cheatriots 12th man REALLY comes in major big time for them during playoff time.

the BS tuck rule taking the victory away from the raiders for them,then the first superbowl win for them against the Rams when they had marshall faulk and kurt warner where the refs in plain sight allowed the pats players to mug the receivers in plain sight in a day and age when teams cant play defense anymore that anytime a pass is thrown down the filed now we are always expecting a yellow flag to be thrown unlike the good old days-oh that ONLY applies to all the other NFL teams,not the cheatriots of course.

I was talking about how the refs let the pats players mug the rams recievers. that was the ONLY way they could win and they knew it,they knew they had the refs in their pockets. Rams receiver Issac Bruce even said a couple days later to the media that he had NEVER been in a game in his entire life where he was constantly got mugged by the other opponent in the entire game and the refs stood there and did not call any pass interferrence calls and just let them mug him like that.He said that had NEVER happened to him before in any game in his entire career.

Thats the only way you beat the rams from back then. You dont shut out the greatest show on turf without breaking the rules and mugging them as they did and the refs stand there and dont make the calls. that just does not happen.

and this is coming from a guy who WANTED the pats to win that superbowl back then and was HAPPY they won at the time cause i rooted against the rams each week back then and i especially did not want to see that evil bitch owner of the rams hoist another superbowl trophy after moving them out of LA. so at the time back then,i was HAPPY the rams lost but i wouldnt had i known they had to CHEAT to win that game and the refs giftwrapped it to them same as they did the raiders playoff game the previous week beforehand.

Forum List

Back