Red Sox Prediction…

Anathema

Crotchety Olde Man
Apr 30, 2014
The Olden Days
It’s 3:17pm on March 30, 2023. Opening Day at Fenway Park is in the Top of the 4th inning and the Baltimore Orioles are already slapping the Boston Red Sux around 4-1.

This Red Sox team won’t win 70 games this season. The sports books have them between 77.5-78.5 wins. If I were a betting man I’d put my mortgage on the UNDER.

Ooops… 5-1 and the bases are still loaded.

Another lost season under this ownership/management group for what used to be one of the GREAT franchises in zMLB.

Has the rest of the division gotten that much better, or are the Red Sox really that bad? The Yankees are built to win it all, and Toronto has a nucleus of young studs, don't know about the rest of the division.

McRib the Red Sox are REALLY THAT BAD. The management has allowed quality players to leave and replaced them with nothing (minor leaguers, cheap never/where’s and never/will-he’s, etc…).

Their pitching staff is literally a joke. Their #1 starter walked 6, hit 2, and gave up 2 HRs today. He couldn’t find the plate with a road map despite a $10 Million contract.

I expect a half empty ballpark by Patriots Day and pitchforks/torches on Landsdown St by Memorial Day.

I'm watching the Blue Jays just rock the Cardinals in their own ballpark after they had an awesome pre-game parade of former Cardinals All Stars and Hall of Famers. Top of the 1st still, 3-0 Toronto, Mikolas already has thrown 30 pitches to get 2 outs.

Boston down 10-7 going to the Top of the 9th. I stand by my prediction… they were not win 70 games this season.

#4 overall prospect, Jordan Walker, walks up to his first big league at bat and strokes a fastball up the middle for a single on the first pitch.

I don't ever expect Boston to finish last. And I'll tell ya what, I'm loving these new changes, the game is moving so much faster, it is great. I might start watching again.

McRib I fully agree on the rule changes. There were several violations in Boston today. Devers struck out on a clock violation in a very important at bay. They’re great. Move the game along.

McRib the Red Sox are REALLY THAT BAD. The management has allowed quality players to leave and replaced them with nothing (minor leaguers, cheap never/where’s and never/will-he’s, etc…).

Their pitching staff is literally a joke. Their #1 starter walked 6, hit 2, and gave up 2 HRs today. He couldn’t find the plate with a road map despite a $10 Million contract.

I expect a half empty ballpark by Patriots Day and pitchforks/torches on Landsdown(sic) St by Memorial Day.

Ye gods. The only "quality player" that left was Bogaerts...because the Padres threw a trainload of money at him, and probably crippled their franchise for a decade with it. If a GM suggested matching it, I would FIRE him on the spot if I owned a team. They extended Devers (younger and less likely to get hurt), and signed a couple low risk/high reward players (Turner) and a possible superstar (Masataka Yoshida, though I would not bat him cleanup).

Corey Kluber had ONE bad start. It happens. Heck, I watched Roger Clemens not get out of the second inning.

Kluber used to be great, former Cy Young winner in Cleveland, if I recall. Yesterday was the 34th birthday of Chris Sale, how much did he get paid last season? Pretty sure I heard he pitched 5 innings last season. That signing was a huge mistake, but when that guy was with the other Sox team he was the nastiest lefty in baseball.

I'm watching the Blue Jays just rock the Cardinals in their own ballpark after they had an awesome pre-game parade of former Cardinals All Stars and Hall of Famers. Top of the 1st still, 3-0 Toronto, Mikolas already has thrown 30 pitches to get 2 outs.
That was surprising to see.

Forum List

Back