Red Robin Eliminating buss boys

Who do you think tipped bus boys? Will the waiters and waitresses now be saving that money and doing the job themselves. How do you figure they are extra duties when It is part of their job description?
Hmm, having worked in restaurants many years ago Its never easy when you expect people to take on extra work for no extra cash. Thats just human nature.
Waiters and waitresses have tables as their job description, whether they are waiting on them or clearing them. Bus boys were there to help and got tipped by the waiters and waitresses for clearing their tables, now they can keep that tip money and do it themselves just like they use to. No additional job duties. SHRUG
Hard enough to get a waitress when you need one

Double her responsibilities and service will go down

Will my tip?
They have more waiters and waitresses per shift now, smaller sections, easy to deal with, and with kiosks on the table you don't even need a waiter until they bring you your food.

Tip what you feel its worth. SHRUG

I spoke to our waiter tonight at another chain restaurant. The company was bought out by a larger company and they fired all bus boys but one per shift. That means they now have to bus their own tables about 90% of the time.

The company was still taking 15% of their tips until all of the waiters threatened to quit because the bus boy was making far more than they were and doing far less work! 20 of the wait staff, giving 15% of their tips, meant he was getting about three times as much total in tips as they were getting.
By tax law the company is violating the tax law...

Hmm, having worked in restaurants many years ago Its never easy when you expect people to take on extra work for no extra cash. Thats just human nature.
Waiters and waitresses have tables as their job description, whether they are waiting on them or clearing them. Bus boys were there to help and got tipped by the waiters and waitresses for clearing their tables, now they can keep that tip money and do it themselves just like they use to. No additional job duties. SHRUG

Will my tip?
They have more waiters and waitresses per shift now, smaller sections, easy to deal with, and with kiosks on the table you don't even need a waiter until they bring you your food.

Why not just have the menu tablet alert me when my meal is ready and I can pick it up myself?
I can also swipe my credit card on the tablet and I don't need a waitress at all

Just saved 20% on a tip
Go to a cafeteria and get your tray, have the cook serve you directly. Now you don't even need to leave a tip. SHRUG

Even cafeterias have bus boys

Those illegal aliens need to go back home and let hard working high school girls have their jobs

Dream on

That's all we conservatives have left since you libs steal everything else we have!
I don't let my kids work, they have school to concentrate on..

My two older kids worked during high school and they are better off for having done so.

My youngest was in a different state and you had to be 16 to work, and nothing was close by.

Your mileage may vary.

Will my tip?

I spoke to our waiter tonight at another chain restaurant. The company was bought out by a larger company and they fired all bus boys but one per shift. That means they now have to bus their own tables about 90% of the time.

The company was still taking 15% of their tips until all of the waiters threatened to quit because the bus boy was making far more than they were and doing far less work! 20 of the wait staff, giving 15% of their tips, meant he was getting about three times as much total in tips as they were getting.

Maybe that's why they don't do it anymore. The bus boy just gets minimum wage.

Those illegal aliens need to go back home and let hard working high school girls have their jobs

Dream on

That's all we conservatives have left since you libs steal everything else we have!
I don't let my kids work, they have school to concentrate on..

My two older kids worked during high school and they are better off for having done so.

My youngest was in a different state and you had to be 16 to work, and nothing was close by.

Your mileage may vary.
There is no close places here anyhow....taxes are extra..

Will my tip?

Maybe that's why they don't do it anymore. The bus boy just gets minimum wage.
Red Robin's prices are not cheap in the first place...

technology is replacing everyone

fear not, the left just knows everyone replaced by a machine can get a job fixing that machine.

the fact that it beats the purpose is not important to leftists.
Has nothing to do with technology. Read the article. Minimum wage elimination
Late Monday, casual dining chain Red Robin Gourmet Burgers (RRGB) announced that it would eliminate bus boys at 570 restaurant locations, a move that is expected to save the company an estimated $8 million over the course of the coming year. The company’s chief financial officer said the decision was made in order to “address the labor increases we’ve seen.”

this is going to be a trend

fewer people doing more work, like we told them would happen.

Who is going to clean and clear the tables?
not sure, but I'd say the server will clear and put everything into an automated machine.
Someone will always have to bring the food to the table. Kiosk exist already. Chili’s uses them. I still tip the waitress.
the server will bring the food

Will my tip?

Why not just have the menu tablet alert me when my meal is ready and I can pick it up myself?
I can also swipe my credit card on the tablet and I don't need a waitress at all

Just saved 20% on a tip
Go to a cafeteria and get your tray, have the cook serve you directly. Now you don't even need to leave a tip. SHRUG

Even cafeterias have bus boys
What they have is a dishwasher that goes and gets your tray and dishes from the tub you place them into. The janitor usually goes around to wipe down the tables.

Well the left wins another minimum wage battle. Again the have successfully eliminated more jobs. You all are great!

Save 8 million.

Red Robin eliminates bussers as restaurants combat minimum wage hikes

This probably one of the most ridiculous business decisions I ever heard.
1. How many buss boys in a restaurant at and given shift? 30 or 3.
2. That supposed to save $8 millions?
3. Who would do their job? The waiters?
Your beef is with Red Robin then.

Again are you telling me that by removing buss boys will save them millions. That is a lot of bull crap.

Tablets in those tables DID NOT save that much labor in restaurants.
All it does is you can order or pay your food at your tables.
That is if you know what you want to order. They only save few minutes.

But you still need humans to cook, bring your food and drinks to the table, remove and replace utensils.

Forum List

Back