Red Green to Receive Order of Canada

Said1 said:
Didn't you hit the link? :slap:
Hey! Owwww!

It still doesn't say what they get. Is it a knighthood, or something like it? Do they get a membership card that they can carry around the rest of their lives? A statue to memorialize the event? A big fat check from the taxpayers in recognition? The story leaves more questions for those of us that are not quite up to par on the Order of Canada.

It sounds like a knighthood when you call it an "Order", usually knighthoods would entitle people to certain things. I thought they were valid questions.

no1tovote4 said:
Hey! Owwww!

It still doesn't say what they get. Is it a knighthood, or something like it? Do they get a membership card that they can carry around the rest of their lives? A statue to memorialize the event? A big fat check from the taxpayers in recognition? The story leaves more questions for those of us that are not quite up to par on the Order of Canada.

It sounds like a knighthood when you call it an "Order", usually knighthoods would entitle people to certain things. I thought they were valid questions.

It's an award. You get a medal attached to a ribbon and your name in the paper and possibly some master "member" book at Rideau Hall. The "Order of Canada" itself gives the award, with the Queen and the Governor General acting as heads of the "Order". The advisory council decides who receives the award out of those nominated each year. It's like a snooty elist club. "I" didn't coin the name, they did.

I think that's it in a nutshell.

Said1 said:
It's an award. You get a medal attached to a ribbon and your name in the paper and possibly some master "member" book at Rideau Hall. The order itself gives the award, with the Queen and the Governor General acting as heads of the Order. The advisory council decides who receives the award out of those nominated each year. I think that's it in a nutshell.

Hmmm... So basically it is a way to get two minutes of fame and a pat on the back.

Now, who is Red Green? :D

no1tovote4 said:
Hmmm... So basically it is a way to get two minutes of fame and a pat on the back.

Now, who is Red Green? :D

For some I think it's rediculous, for others, I think they are worthy of recognition for their contributions to Canada.

Who is Red Green......http://www.redgreen.com/

You'll notice one of P's old sigs on the home page. :D

Forum List

Back