Recycling, using plasma physics?

anotherlife

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2012
Cross-Atlantic
Sweden has implemented plasma based heat generation from thresh recycling, nationwide, and now is so successful, that it spends money to buy thresh of all other countries, to recycle for Swedish energy consumers. How does such a miraculous(?) thresh plasma heat generator work?

As a layman and a pretty dumb one on this subject, I would be grateful if someone could explain what plasma is in the physics universe. Is it matter or is it energy or is it some new form, and how do you create it?
From Shrimpbox's paper, plasma is an ionized gas. A gas, where there are no molecules, only atoms. And these atoms miss a few electrons, so they are positively charged. The entire gas is. Also, it seems to be created by a huge electrical energy, emitted between two electrodes that are charged so high as a lightning strike.

Ok so only elements are used, ones missing some electrons, why do they need to be positively charged and can it be simplified to a water hose shooting out a gas stream under immense pressure and heat. What does this stream do to what it comes in contact with, just break it down to more elements?

Ok so only elements are used, ones missing some electrons, why do they need to be positively charged and can it be simplified to a water hose shooting out a gas stream under immense pressure and heat. What does this stream do to what it comes in contact with, just break it down to more elements?
The paper reports the temperature level of several thousand degrees. I think with that, the particles of the gas bump into each other so hard, that they break apart all of their chemical bonds. Chemical bonds seem to break apart at a few hundred degrees at most. From my chemistry class at school, it is the electrons that cause chemical bonds. Electrons are of negative charge, and if at that very high temperature they are knocked out and away, then what is left is positively charged.

Doctor Who is in!

Using ionized gas (a form of transformed matter/energy) to work with energy ledgers sounds a bit ambitious, but perhaps if we take time to make elaborate machines that pump pollution into the environment, then surely, we can invest some time in reworking chemical reactivity.

It's an interesting fact that when science sounds like science-fiction, the masses become more interested, since it sounds more accessible and imaginative. Such headlines are good for eco-politics minded investigators.

That's why I like talking about the fictional American comic book mutant character Serpentor, the gentically-bred super-soldier in the paramilitary fantasy-adventure franchise "G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero" (Hasbro). Serpentor represents a social interest in using science-fiction fantasies to discuss scientific initiative.

Plasma utility sounds similar to plastic biodegradation.

:argue:

Forum List

Back