Recovery website

Absolutely useless site. And saying this is a recovery bill is like calling a twenty mile an hour breeze a tornado...

The only jobs this bill protects are government Jobs and there are too many government workers already.

The notion that this bailout, as has already been seen by California, will prevent an increase in state taxes is either an out right lie or no more than wishful thinking.

Last edited:
Ah, but the last administration did so much better. Just give it away so Haliburton can electrocute our troops. What will we get out of the three trillion that Iraq will have cost us in the end?

Ah, but the last administration did so much better. Just give it away so Haliburton can electrocute our troops. What will we get out of the three trillion that Iraq will have cost us in the end?

A Shia government in Iraq allied with Iran.

Oh,, oh oh oh,,, I think I found what "Protect the Vulnerable" means.. how cool :lol:

"Vulnerability Fund"

UN lobbies for share of bank rescue funds

The UN and the World Bank are lobbying for a portion of the billions of dollars allocated to bailing out the West's banking systems to be diverted to prevent 400 million people sinking into poverty across Asia in the wake of the global economic crisis.

UN officials say that such a plan is necessary to prevent severe social unrest in poor countries, especially among the tens of millions of migrant workers who are being forced back to their villages as jobs dry up in the cities of Asia.

A similar scheme has been proposed by Robert Zoellick, the head of the World Bank, who recently called for a "Vulnerability Fund" to which each developed country would contribute 0.7 per cent of its stimulus package

UN lobbies for share of bank rescue funds - Times Online

Also, can someone help me understand this?

"$650 million for coupons to help consumers convert their TV sets from analog to digital, part of the digital TV conversion."

This switch should have been done already and will been done in the next few months. Why are we giving money to people to help them switch?

Because government mandated this switch they decided to help defray the cost of a converter box with $40 coupons (the boxes cost $60) that are paid for with taxpayer money . . . unless you don't pay taxes in which case, someone elses tax dollars are paying for your coupon. Of course, they could just make federal employees pay for their own cars (what a concept!) and use that $600 million for said coupons so that the coupons really were a savings, rather than taxpayer dollars simply playing three card monte. I'd love to know how these clowns run their household budgets.

They delayed the switch because they claim that 6.5 million people are not ready. So they are making the majority who are ready wait while they cater to the minority that aren't ready, rather than the other way around. The thing you have to remember is, it's not their money so they don't give a shit.

I enjoy how's that the only thing wrong you could find with the website.

$8 billion for "other" is simply $8 billion for things not included in the major categories. Do not fret your head, it will all be reported. :eusa_whistle:

Here is a few ($billion$) more:

Most of those will fit in other categories like Infrastructure and Science, Protecting the Vulnerable, Health Care, and Tax Relief and not the "Other" category.

Show me one of those that will go into Infrastructure. First take the partisan blinders off.

The 'other' is the cost of that web site, the gov is just so good at handling money.

'Other' is the cost of replinshing Biden's hair plugs annually. Jeez people he has to look good, standing there beside Obama when he signs trillion dollar bill after trillion dollar bill to save this economy from a catastrophe.:cuckoo:

The 'other' is the cost of that web site, the gov is just so good at handling money.

'Other' is the cost of replinshing Biden's hair plugs annually. Jeez people he has to look good, standing there beside Obama when he signs trillion dollar bill after trillion dollar bill to save this economy from a catastrophe.:cuckoo:

Yes he does.

Funny, you never said a word when Bush was doubling the National Debt.

"$650 million for coupons to help consumers convert their TV sets from analog to digital, part of the digital TV conversion."

This switch should have been done already and will been done in the next few months. Why are we giving money to people to help them switch?

cause they are poor and need new HD TV sets.. thanks for asking.

Yep, they really need HD for this switch. Not just regular old cable.

You heartless little shit...these people are suffering, low definiton broadcasts are killing the poor in this country.:lol:

Yes he does.

Why are so dishonest. Many of us have been screaming about this spending all along.

Because government mandated this switch they decided to help defray the cost of a converter box with $40 coupons (the boxes cost $60) that are paid for with taxpayer money . . . unless you don't pay taxes in which case, someone elses tax dollars are paying for your coupon. Of course, they could just make federal employees pay for their own cars (what a concept!) and use that $600 million for said coupons so that the coupons really were a savings, rather than taxpayer dollars simply playing three card monte. I'd love to know how these clowns run their household budgets.

They delayed the switch because they claim that 6.5 million people are not ready. So they are making the majority who are ready wait while they cater to the minority that aren't ready, rather than the other way around. The thing you have to remember is, it's not their money so they don't give a shit.

Don't you know that TV is a freaking necessity, god you all are heartless.

Yes he does.

Why are so dishonest. Many of us have been screaming about this spending all along.

I wasn't talking to you.

Yes he does.

BS, I called out Bush would you like links where I did such? Or do you want to spew some more partisan blather? BTW putting more hair on the dog doesn't work, overspending is what got us into this mess. The only way this country is getting out of this mess is to produce its way out.

Yes he does.

BS, I called out Bush would you like links where I did such? Or do you want to spew some more partisan blather? BTW putting more hair on the dog doesn't work, overspending is what got us into this mess. The only way this country is getting out of this mess is to produce its way out.

No, overspending is not what got us into this mess.

It was deregulation, tax cuts for the rich, and the ridiculous invasion of Iraq.

Yes he does.

It was deregulation, tax cuts for the rich, and the ridiculous invasion of Iraq.

So people who were overstretching their credit to get into homes they couldn't afford isn't a major cause of this mess? Tax cuts for everybody actually grew federal revenues, I can post charts showing an upswing in federal revenues following the tax cuts of 2001 if needed? We have spent 600 billion in Iraq over a period of what 6 years, while Obama with a few strokes of a pen sends this country in debt for 1 trillion dollars. Wow you are really clueless aren't you?

Yes he does.

Obama is doubling that, and you are cheering, and no, Bush the moron did not spend it all on Iraq, the bulk of his waste was on TARP and crap such as perscription drug bill for seniors.

Nero could have used you to applaud him while Rome burned.

This post makes it obvious you haven't clue one on what is happening, why do you keep trying to comment on something you cleary don't understand?

Yes he does.

Obama is doubling that, and you are cheering, and no, Bush the moron did not spend it all on Iraq, the bulk of his waste was on TARP and crap such as perscription drug bill for seniors.

hes already doubled the worst for one year
and we are barely into it
and there is talk of needing another TRILLION beyond the last 2

so we will go from having a horrible $550 BILLION deficit to having an acceptable(to morons like Chris) $3 TRILLION deficit

Yes he does.

The tax cuts were for EVERYONE, you stupid fucking MORON!!
Your boyfriend Clinton deregulated the banks and then put pressure on them to give out loans to people who couldn't afford them, which put the banks in jeopardy.

Last edited:
Yes he does.

hes already doubled the worst for one year
and we are barely into it
and there is talk of needing another TRILLION beyond the last 2

so we will go from having a horrible $550 BILLION deficit to having an acceptable(to morons like Chris) $3 TRILLION deficit

when you put a D after someone's name, it changes everything for fuckstains like chrissy.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back