Record number of Republicans quitting

bill718

Diamond Member
Jun 26, 2016
Record numbers of GOP lawmakers are not seeking reelection, instead telling everyone they "want to spend more time with their families" So, what brought about this sudden urge for flipping pancakes and driving their kids to soccer practice? It wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that that they can no longer redraw legislative districts to guarantee themselves a win, or the fact that their President has made them the party of womanizing bigots, who'll get in bed with anyone (even mother Russia) to win an election, would it? Oh well, enjoy those pancakes boys!
grin.gif

P.S. Trump Supporters: The link below is from FOX NEWS, so it's OK to look at it!

Republicans who won't be coming back to Congress after 2018 midterm elections

Last edited:
Many reasonable Republicans are getting fed up with the cesspit that the party has become. The bad news is that as respectable Republicans flee, the trash will be left to take over undeterred. If ever there was the potential for a viable third party to emerge soon, it's now.

Many reasonable Republicans are getting fed up with the cesspit that the party has become. The bad news is that as respectable Republicans flee, the trash will be left to take over undeterred. If ever there was the potential for a viable third party to emerge soon, it's now.
The pervert in our WH can't even find lawyers to represent him in the perilous times of the Russian investigation

There is a great player named Steven Stamkos who plays for Tampa Bay Lightning. He's a top centreman in the NHL. Two years ago I believe, he became a free agent. Since he is from Toronto and is such a big name everyone figure, he would come to the Hometown team. Leafs pursued him aggressively, offered him more money than the TB Lightning, they even secured some big endorsement deals for him if he signed.

In the end, Steve Yzerman, the GM and former Red Wing signed him back in Tampa Bay and didn't budge once on his original contract offer. Many Leafs fans couldn't believe it. The rumor was he has a great amount of freedom in Florida. He loves the weather and is given special treatment to enjoy the golf there and ownership doesn't interfere. As of this year (they have a strong team again), he has not won a Stanley Cup.

I wanted him here, as he would be a great role model for Austin Matthews (maybe not, in some respects), our young superstar centre. However, I was glad he didn't join the Leafs. My reasoning was simple: "if the guy doesn't have the balls or commitment to deal with the fishbowl that is hockey in Toronto, it's better he not sign here"

Winners have to push through and be dedicated to winning. They have to want the ball when the game is on the line, they have to want to care about winning for them and their team (country). If not, best you don't re-sign...

Last edited:
Record numbers of GOP lawmakers are not seeking reelection, instead telling everyone they "want to spend more time with their families" So, what brought about this sudden urge for flipping pancakes and driving their kids to soccer practice? It wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that that they can no longer redraw legislative districts to guarantee themselves a win, or the fact that their President has made them the party of womanizing bigots, who'll get in bed with anyone (even mother Russia) to win an election, would it? Oh well, enjoy those pancakes boys!
grin.gif

P.S. Trump Supporters: The link below is from FOX NEWS, so it's OK to look at it!

Oh they'll be flipping pancakes alright, and when their kids say "daddy this one is shaped funny" he'll reply "oh hear dear let me redraw that for you I mean make you a new one."

There is a great player named Steven Stamkos who plays for Tampa Bay Lightning. He's a top centreman in the NHL. Two years ago I believe, he became a free agent. Since he is from Toronto and is such a big name everyone figure, he would come to the Hometown team. Leafs pursued him aggressively, offered him more money than the TB Lightning, they even secured some big endorsement deals for him if he signed.

In the end, Steve Yzerman, the GM and former Red Wing signed him back in Tampa Bay and didn't budge once on his original contract offer. Many Leafs fans couldn't believe it. The rumor was he has a great amount of freedom in Florida. He loves the weather and is given special treatment to enjoy the golf there and ownership doesn't interfere. As of this year (they have a strong team again), he has not won a Stanley Cup.

I wanted him here, as he would be a great role model for Austin Matthews (maybe not, in some respects), our young superstar centre. However, I was glad he didn't join the Leafs. My reasoning was simple: "if the guy doesn't have the balls or commitment to deal with the fishbowl that is hockey in Toronto, it's better he not sign here"

Winners have to push through and be dedicated to winning. They have to want the ball when the game is on the line, they have to want to care about winning for them and their team (country). If not, best you don't re-sign...

What is the provincial income tax in Toronto? Florida has no state income tax, the bottom line might have been his decision.

What is the provincial income tax in Toronto? Florida has no state income tax, the bottom line might have been his decision.

Yes, I was going to mention that but it wouldn't strengthen my case :)

I still stand by what I said, as the taxes make a BIG difference, but the Leafs offered slightly more, plus, endorsements for him would have put him in at least equal footing. More importantly, he would have a chance to win a Cup for his city.

Think of a Yankees fan, or a Lakers fan. For a kid growing up, that's a heavy draw. Yes, it's warm and fuzzy, but it should be a major motivator, one of those "dream come true" moments.

In the end, he made the right decision for him. I'm just glad he didn't come to Toronto If you don't want the heat then don't come. Many great Yankees excelled because they know the media and fans will be on the, but they are winners, so they relish it.

grin.gif

Donny T is brilliant...with his balls of steel he stands firm with his "my way or the highway" method of governing...the weak are falling all around him...no President has ever made it clearer to the "liabilities" in this country. "GET YOUR SHIT RIGHT....OR GET RUN OVER"...most ‘politicians’ are scared bitches, they don’t have the nutsack to support such aggressive action.
Donny has high expectations...meet his expectation or get the phuck out....pretty simple.
Like all great businessmen, he’s not afraid to turn people over and run the weak out in his quest to find the ‘perfect fit’.
Anyone nutless, lazy, complacent or deviating from agenda has placed their head on the chopping block.

grin.gif

Donny T is brilliant...with his balls of steel he stands firm with his "my way or the highway" method of governing...the weak are falling all around him...no President has ever made it clearer to the "liabilities" in this country. "GET YOUR SHIT RIGHT....OR GET RUN OVER"...most ‘politicians’ are scared bitches, they don’t have the nutsack to support such aggressive action.
Donny has high expectations...meet his expectation or get the phuck out....pretty simple.
Like all great businessmen, he’s not afraid to turn people over and run the weak out in his quest to find the ‘perfect fit’.
Anyone nutless, lazy, complacent or deviating from agenda has placed their head on the chopping block.
The republican congress are scared bitches ,,,afraid to call the orange anus just what he is A buffoon a liability to America

grin.gif

balls of steel

like beebees but smaller

grin.gif

The republican congress are scared bitches ,,,afraid to call the orange anus just what he is A buffoon a liability to America

30 states, 2,623 of 3,007 counties, a BOOMING economy, jobs for everyone, a historically high stock market, a well compensated and appreciated military, tax cuts for those who matter, illegal wetbacks running scared shitless ...etc etc
Don’t be an ignorant fool...while you piss your pants daily....Donny has the best of us smiling ear to ear. Just get yourself legitimate and productive...your views will change.

Oh Gawd, is this another one of those 'The Republican Party is Dead' Democrat fantasy posts? Man, how many times can they pull that meme out of their arses? I mean, they've been proven wrong every single time they've pushed it.

What did Einstein say about the definition of insanity? This thread's author should look it up. The reality is, the United States Government is a corrupt Two-Party System. Both major Parties always win in the end. When will some folks ever learn?

Many reasonable Republicans are getting fed up with the cesspit that the party has become. The bad news is that as respectable Republicans flee, the trash will be left to take over undeterred.
That's exactly right. That's how the Jacobins become more and more radical.

The GOP is heading for Hitlerdom.

then they should be standing up.... not running away like the cowardly little twits they are.

then they should be standing up.... not running away like the cowardly little twits they are.
The current crop of Republicans are the most spineless creatures to ever slither about the ground.

We get the politicians we deserve.

None of this shit is the fault of the politicians. They are only doing our bidding.

Forum List

Back