Reasons why liberals can't understand the real world

teapartysamurai

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2010
I've always said liberalism is a war against the obvious.

This article nails it right down to the ground.

3) Liberals emphasize feeling superior, not superior results. Liberalism is all about appearances, not outcomes. What matters to liberals is how a program makes them FEEL about themselves, not whether it works or not. Thus a program like Headstart, which sounds good because it's designed to help children read, makes liberals feel good about themselves, even though the program doesn't work and wastes billions. A ban on DDT makes liberals feel good about themselves because they're "protecting the environment" even though millions of people have died as a result. For liberals, it's not what a program does in the real world; it's about whether they feel better about themselves for supporting it.

7 Reasons Why Liberals Are Incapable of Understanding The World - John Hawkins - Page full

That's why when you argue with liberals about the failure of the War on Poverty, the Failure of Headstart, the Failure of Obamacare (for pity sake), liberals won't address the actual FACTS about the failure.

Instead they will attack you for being against the "good intentions" of those laws and initiatives. Nor will they address the damage that's been done to the family. Nope they won't talk about any of that. Instead they will banter about the good intentions and try to change the subject to why YOU are against those good intentions.

It's never about the actual results. Nope it's about them feeling "morally" superior to you regardless of whether it helps a single solitary person.

7) Liberals give themselves far too much credit just for being liberal. To many liberals, all one needs to do to be wise, intelligent, compassionate, open minded, and sensitive is to BE LIBERAL. In other words, many of the good things about a person spring not from his actions, but from the ideology he holds. This has an obvious appeal. You can be a diehard misogynist, but plausibly call yourself a feminist, hate blacks, but accuse others of racism, have a subpar IQ and be an intellectual, give nothing to charity and be compassionate, etc., etc., and all you have to do is call yourself a liberal. It's a shortcut to virtue much like the corrupt old idea of religious indulgences. Why live a life of virtue when you could live a sinful life and buy your way into heaven? If you're a liberal, why actually live a life of virtue when you can merely call yourself a liberal and get credit for being virtuous, even when you've done nothing to earn it?

7 Reasons Why Liberals Are Incapable of Understanding The World - John Hawkins - Page full

This is why a horndog misogynist like Bill Clinton is given a free pass and liberal women will write that they will give Bill Clinton a BJ as long as he keeps abortion legal. This is why Bill Maher can compare mentally retarded children to dogs, or say the things he does about women. It's not about actual ACTIONS of a liberal it's about the fact they are liberal. That's all you have to do, to be mentally and morally superior to everyone else.

That's why Whoopie Goldberg said this about Roman Polanski who raped a 13 year old girl in a hottub and had to flee the country to avoid the jail time:

“I know it wasn’t rape-rape. It was something else but I don’t believe it was rape-rape. He went to jail and and when they let him out he was like ‘You know what, this guy’s going to give me a hundred years in jail I’m not staying,’ so that’s why he left.”

Whoopi Goldberg on "Rape Rape" | Mediaite

Polanski is a liberal. It doesn't matter what he did. It's somehow "justifiable" based solely on being liberal and other liberals will try their best to make sure that's true.

A program like Voter ID, which sounds good because it's designed to prevent voter fraud, makes faux conservatives feel good about themselves, even though the program doesn't prevent voter fraud and wastes taxpayer money.

This is why I have often said defenders of Voter ID sound just like liberals!

It's hard to take you seriously when many humans have those traits and are members of both parties and some are not affiliated with any party..

This is what liberals do when they have been nailed and they can't argue it isn't true. They claim . . . wait for it . . . wait for it . . .

EVERYBODY DOES IT. :lol:

But that doesn't work. That would be like a Nazi on trial for Auschwitz arguing, "hey everybody was doing it." Doesn't quite work.

Besides which if they were "all doing it" there wouldn't be the schism there is between the tea party and liberalism because they would all see things from the same skewed prism.

Sorry doesn't work.

Try again.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

A program like Voter ID, which sounds good because it's designed to prevent voter fraud, makes faux conservatives feel good about themselves, even though the program doesn't prevent voter fraud and wastes taxpayer money.

Yeah, nice try but just because you claim that, doesn't make it true.

That's another things liberals do. Make claims they can't back up and when asked to what do they do? They go to other liberals who make claims they can't back up, but there it is. Other liberals think so, so it must be true! Which brings us to number one on the article about why Liberals can't see the real world.

1) Liberalism creates a feedback loop. It is usually impossible for a non-liberal to change a liberal's mind about political issues because liberalism works like so: only liberals are credible sources of information. How do you know someone's liberal? He espouses liberal doctrine. So, no matter how plausible what you say may be, it will be ignored if you're not a liberal and if you are a liberal, of course, you probably agree with liberal views. This sort of close-mindedness makes liberals nearly impervious to any information that might undermine their beliefs.

It's hard to take you seriously when many humans have those traits and are members of both parties and some are not affiliated with any party..

This is what liberals do when they have been nailed and they can't argue it isn't true. They claim . . . wait for it . . . wait for it . . .

But that doesn't work. That would be like a Nazi on trial for Auschwitz arguing, "hey everybody was doing it." Doesn't quite work.

Besides which if they were "all doing it" there wouldn't be the schism there is between the tea party and liberalism because they would all see things from the same skewed prism.

Sorry doesn't work.

Try again.

Those like you that are in denial are not my problem..

That's another things liberals do. Make claims they can't back up and when asked to what do they do? They go to other liberals who make claims they can't back up, but there it is. Other liberals think so, so it must be true! Which brings us to number one on the article about why Liberals can't see the real world.

1) Liberalism creates a feedback loop. It is usually impossible for a non-liberal to change a liberal's mind about political issues because liberalism works like so: only liberals are credible sources of information. How do you know someone's liberal? He espouses liberal doctrine. So, no matter how plausible what you say may be, it will be ignored if you're not a liberal and if you are a liberal, of course, you probably agree with liberal views. This sort of close-mindedness makes liberals nearly impervious to any information that might undermine their beliefs.

Just cause this guy is a relative of mine does not mean I agree with his myopic views on human action and interaction..I mean the author is doing exactly the same thing he is accusing others of...

Last edited:

I have proven it many, many times.

I've always said liberalism is a war against the obvious.

This article nails it right down to the ground.

3) Liberals emphasize feeling superior, not superior results. Liberalism is all about appearances, not outcomes. What matters to liberals is how a program makes them FEEL about themselves, not whether it works or not. Thus a program like Headstart, which sounds good because it's designed to help children read, makes liberals feel good about themselves, even though the program doesn't work and wastes billions. A ban on DDT makes liberals feel good about themselves because they're "protecting the environment" even though millions of people have died as a result. For liberals, it's not what a program does in the real world; it's about whether they feel better about themselves for supporting it.

That's why when you argue with liberals about the failure of the War on Poverty, the Failure of Headstart, the Failure of Obamacare (for pity sake), liberals won't address the actual FACTS about the failure.

Instead they will attack you for being against the "good intentions" of those laws and initiatives. Nor will they address the damage that's been done to the family. Nope they won't talk about any of that. Instead they will banter about the good intentions and try to change the subject to why YOU are against those good intentions.

It's never about the actual results. Nope it's about them feeling "morally" superior to you regardless of whether it helps a single solitary person.

I've always said that people who just want to stick other people into little labeled boxes are either not interested in or incapable of actually discussing the merits of given issues.

Sorry doesn't work.

Try again.

Those like you that are in denial are not my problem..

Which goes back to EXACTLY what the article said about liberals not needing facts. Just to feel superior about themselves.

Who's in denial?

I have proven it many, many times.

Which is why you can't do it here, right?

Like I said, liberals feeling superior about themselves and living in their own bubble.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

That was fine article showing how conservatives project their own hyper-emotional way of thinking on to the reason-based community, the liberals. Same old same old.

As proof, look at the DDT example of the OP. The DDT-is-harmless thing is entirely a conservative fantasy, contradicted by all the real world science and data. If the conservative feelgood crowd had gotten their way on that issue, millions more would have died from malaria, and the environment would have been ravaged. But none of that will matter to people like the OP. He FEELS that DDT will do no harm. Since it's all about his feelings, no facts or data will sway his opinion. And if millions have to die so he can feel morally superior, that's a price he's willing to have others pay.

Left to their emotional devices, conservatives will happily cause catastrophe after catastrophe, all so they can feel superior and get a warm fuzzy feeling. And that's why reason-based people have to remain ever-vigilant in shooting down all the woolyheaded politically correct conservative cult dogma.

Last edited:
Party doesn't have anything to do with it - he's discussing liberals, not Democrats.

Let's get it out then. What exactly is a liberal?

Liberalism - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
a often capitalized : a movement in modern Protestantism emphasizing intellectual liberty and the spiritual and ethical content of Christianity
b : a theory in economics emphasizing individual freedom from restraint and usually based on free competition, the self-regulating market, and the gold standard
c : a political philosophy based on belief in progress, the essential goodness of the human race, and the autonomy of the individual and standing for the protection of political and civil liberties; specifically : such a philosophy that considers government as a crucial instrument for amelioration of social inequities (as those involving race, gender, or class)

As you can see, modern day "liberals" aren't liberals at all. That's a term these authoritarians have hijacked in their pursuit to power. Up is down, left is right, right is wrong, war is peace, slavery is freedom, etc..etc..

Nothing about the proper definition of liberalism correlates to modern day "liberals". Because these people are not liberal at all.

Party doesn't have anything to do with it - he's discussing liberals, not Democrats.

Let's get it out then. What exactly is a liberal?

Liberalism - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
a often capitalized : a movement in modern Protestantism emphasizing intellectual liberty and the spiritual and ethical content of Christianity
b : a theory in economics emphasizing individual freedom from restraint and usually based on free competition, the self-regulating market, and the gold standard
c : a political philosophy based on belief in progress, the essential goodness of the human race, and the autonomy of the individual and standing for the protection of political and civil liberties; specifically : such a philosophy that considers government as a crucial instrument for amelioration of social inequities (as those involving race, gender, or class)

As you can see, modern day "liberals" aren't liberals at all. That's a term these authoritarians have hijacked in their pursuit to power. Up is down, left is right, right is wrong, war is peace, slavery is freedom, etc..etc..

Nothing about the proper definition of liberalism correlates to modern day "liberals". Because these people are not liberal at all.

So you are telling what it is not. What exactly is a liberal?

LOL!!!

I love that little pic in your sig.

I'm stealing the Il Douche Bag nickname for the moonbat messiah.

il-douche-79140805238.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back