Real history (not the American version)

dfens

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2016
The Nazis were defeated by the Soviet Union. 90% of the casualties were on the Eastern Front. America helped, to be sure, but in truth it was the Soviet Union which defeated the Nazis.

Later, America did not defeat the Soviet Union, the Soviet Union imploded from within.

When it comes to the Middle East, I have yet to encounter anyone who can tell me exactly what it is America has achieved or won there.

Which is not to say necessarily that America is bad, but merely that America sits back, protected, does a little here and there and then reaps the credit for victory. It is a very lucky country. But, as we are finding out, that luck is beginning to run dry and America is deeply divided and looks to be headed for civil war.

Interesting intro and main body but the conclusion is not warranted by the commentary.

Thanks.

I have been raised in Soviet Union, my relatives have been fighting against Germans and they were witnessing: it was the Soviet people who defeated Nazis. USA and Britain helped a lot, no question, but they only opened the second front in Europe in 1944, after 4 years since WW2 started and a year before WW2 ended, basically when it already became clear that Soviets would win anyway.

Americans, when was last time you had wars on our own lands, not abroad? In Russia, Belarus and Eastern Ukraine just about everybody has had relatives, who participated WW2 and everybody knows the real truth about WW2 from the real witnesses, not only from the Media and textbooks, like a lot of you do. Feel the difference.

Last edited:
The Nazis were defeated by the Soviet Union. 90% of the casualties were on the Eastern Front. America helped, to be sure, but in truth it was the Soviet Union which defeated the Nazis.

Later, America did not defeat the Soviet Union, the Soviet Union imploded from within.

When it comes to the Middle East, I have yet to encounter anyone who can tell me exactly what it is America has achieved or won there.

Which is not to say necessarily that America is bad, but merely that America sits back, protected, does a little here and there and then reaps the credit for victory. It is a very lucky country. But, as we are finding out, that luck is beginning to run dry and America is deeply divided and looks to be headed for civil war.
Rewriting history are we? Most of the Soviets deaths were on their soil in defense. The allies took it to the Germans on their turf. We can point to Israel as our greatest success in the ME. Without US aid and support they would not exist. BTW, the US pays a LOT of foreign aid. Too much.

The USSR imploded because it couldn't hang with the arms race.

Yes, the USSR would have won, without America, by 1950, and if the Nazis did not develop a nuke.

Without the USA lend lease program with the Soviets they would have been fugged

A few people are not aware that Russia suffered more casualties than any other country in WWII. There are still more that at least half of those were caused by Soviet leadership.

The USA, as the superpower of the West, did indeed prevail in the Cold War. The USSR and communism no longer exist in Europe and in fact the most of the world.

The Cold War was not a war in the classical sense. There were winners and losers as history has borne out.

Get over it.

----------------------------------- good to see that 90% of the casualties on the eastern front were Russian . Just saying !!

Stupidity in warfare is a factor. Nothing to brag about.

8 Things You Should Know About WWII’s Eastern Front - History Lists

----------------------------------- good to see that 90% of the casualties on the eastern front were Russian . Just saying !!
And I wonder how many of them were killed by Stalin... :dunno:

How desperately insecure do you have to be to try and claim "victory" from the fact that your country suffered the most casualties due to Stalin's paranoia and stupidity?

So, you're beloved Communists were so effective that they lost 9 out of 10 men deployed.

That's real impressive, Comrade.

:lmao:

The tragedy of Stalin's vile war machine is really no laughing matter. Despite your moronic lies, the Red Army was worse than the Nazis. That pile of shit Stalin (best bud of the democrats) sent millions into a war armed with sticks, or perhaps a Mossin Nagant (bolt action) left over from World War 1. When the poor peasant bastards were cut down like sheep, they began to run. So that filthy fuck Stalin put his Commisars in the back line to machine gun those who retreated.

That's right, the pile of shit kept his best weapons and most of the ammo to murder his own people with, rather than to kill Nazis.

Americans KILLED far more Germans than the Soviets did. True, we did not slaughter our own men and send unarmed men up against Germans who had full auto MP40 assault weapons.

So, you're just another liar trying to rewrite history in a way more favorable to the miserable left.

[
Without the USA lend lease program with the Soviets they would have been fugged

No Milwaukee Machine tools, no T30 and T-34 tanks. The Red Army didn't even have rifles when Hitler invaded. The Germans were armed with fully automatic weapons, the Soviets had sticks, or if they were REAL lucky, bolt action rifles left over from WWI. It was America who provided the means for the Russians to arm themselves.

Yes, the USSR would have won, without America, by 1950, and if the Nazis did not develop a nuke.
Without the Western front the Nazis would have beat the Soviets, numb nuts.
Not at all. The war never would have ended, the USSR would have rebuilt an entire world beyond the Urals, then they would have come back for German ass.
Sounds like science fiction.
To the silly like you, yes.

Without the Western front the Nazis would have beat the Soviets, numb nuts.
Not at all. The war never would have ended, the USSR would have rebuilt an entire world beyond the Urals, then they would have come back for German ass.
Sounds like science fiction.
To the silly like you, yes.
:spinner:

The British were the ones that first defeated Germany in the Battle of Britain. Had they lost Germany would have invaded and knocked Britain out of the war, Hitler had 100 divisions, Britain had maybe 30. They would have lost, but their air force fought a desperate battle against an overwhelming enemy and they won. Had Britain been knocked out in 1940, Germany could have thrown everything they had into the Soviet campaign. The Soviets at the beginning, as with the US and every other Western power, were wholly unprepared for war. The US sent millions of tons of food, aircraft, trucks, jeeps, and other supplies that the Soviets desperately needed. In some of the battles with the Germans the Russian soldiers had one rifle to ten men, so they handed the other 9 men a few ammo clips and they lined up and followed the men at the front of the line that had rifles. When the guy with a rifle fell the next guy picked it up and started fighting. If anyone got scared and tried to retreat the Soviets killed their own men.

After moving much of their war industry a thousand miles East the Soviets then began building tanks, artillery, and other weapons at a frantic pace and they had unlimited manpower supplies. So they relatively quickly raised a number of well equipped armies and in fact they started driving the Germans back in 1942 and 1943.

The British and Americans drove the Germans out of North Africa and Italy before the D-Day landings. US and British bombers in 1,000 plane formations leveled Germany's war factories and cities as the Soviets were fighting on the Eastern front alone against the Germans.

For anyone to claim one country or one side 'won' the war is gratuitous. The US, Soviets, and Britain all played vitally key roles in winning that war. And keep in mind, the US fought the Germans at the same time they were fighting and defeating the Japanese across the entire pacific while supplying all of the allies, with the British and Australians involved in heavy fighting in the Southwest Pacific and the Asia/India area. Just for sheer size of war effort the US has to be awarded the gold star. For the number of people lost and use of blunt brute strength and fortitude the Soviets slaughtered the Germans once the Soviet army got rolling and have to receive accolades. And the British, as noted earlier, were the first ones to stop the Germans and hold them at bay until the Soviets and Americans got rolling.

That war was without a doubt an allied victory and thank god it was.

Forum List

Back