Reagan

Discussion in 'Politics' started by tpahl, Jun 15, 2004.

1. tpahl

tpahl Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3
    www.keepandbeararms.com/newsarchives/XcNewsPlus.asp?cmd=view&articleid=2955

(1) He supported a seven-day waiting period for handgun purchases.
    (2) He called the Brady Bill "just plain common sense."
    (3) He said "I support the Brady Bill and I urge the Congress to enact it
    without further delay."
    (4) He endorsed the federal government mandating "local law enforcement
    officials to conduct background checks on those who wish to buy a handgun."
    (5) He signed into law an edict "prohibiting the carrying of firearms on
    one's person or in a vehicle, in any public place or on any public street."
    (6) He executed an "administrative ban" on importation of shotguns that can
    hold more than 10 rounds, which later became codified into law.

2. ajwps

ajwps Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +46

But every American continues to have the right to own and bear arms in their own protection.

Every American can still obtain a 'gun dealers' license allowing anyone to legally keep an arsenal (for sale or use) in case we are ever attacked by our own govenrment.

American remains the only country in the world where every citizen can be armed to the teeth to protect himself.

Most of those other laws were meant to keep arms out of the hands of terrorist and criminals and not American citizens.

3. tpahl

tpahl Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3
    No. many can not. Included in that group are airline passengers and most NYC residents.

No. Plenty of other countries have similar or more freedom when it comes to firearms. Costa Rica, Switzerland, and afghanistan all come to mind.

Criminals by definition do not follow laws. Terrorists generally seem to ignore them as well. These laws make it harder for law abiding american citizens to get guns. Reagan despite his supposed support of the second amendment supported these laws. Bush does as well.

Travis

Travis

4. ajwps

ajwps Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +46
    No. many can not. Included in that group are airline passengers and most NYC residents.

Airline passangers can carry guns in their baggage stowed below but not on their person during trips. The reasons are obvious. Many flights now have Federal Marshals who do carry firearms and those who would attempt to take over a flight do not know who or if there are such people on board. Ergo, there is little need to protect oneself from illegal attacks upon themselves are protected onboard planes.

All, not most of New York citizens have the legal right to own handguns since April, 2003. See the attached NRA site for laws pertaining to firearms in New York State.

http://www.nraila.org/GunLaws/StateLaws.aspx?ST=NY

No. Plenty of other countries have similar or more freedom when it comes to firearms. Costa Rica, Switzerland, and afghanistan all come to mind.

Yes Afghanistan is a great example as well as Iraq and Saudi Arabia. If the people of Europe had similar gun bearing laws prior to WW2, few Nazi stormtroopers would have broken into people's homes to take the family into the street and shoot them dead.

Don't think for one minute that a despot could not come to power in the USA. As the US Constitution allows for the protection of your lives and liberties from the potential tyranny of your own government.

Criminals by definition do not follow laws. Terrorists generally seem to ignore them as well. These laws make it harder for law abiding american citizens to get guns. Reagan despite his supposed support of the second amendment supported these laws. Bush does as well. Travis

The laws for honest citizens does make it harder for them to obtain and carry firearms. But that law does not prohibit anyone from this freedom provided for by the framers of the US Constitution. Criminals and terrorists also have a difficult time obtaining and keeping their firearms for if they are caught with illegal weapons in their possession, the penalty for same is significant enough to keep them in warehouses for a very long time. Reagan and Bush did help draft these laws that allows you and every honest citizen to keep and bear arms and make it harder for terrorists and criminals to do the same.
    :firing:

5. tpahl

tpahl Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3

Alot of protection that will give you!

To those that watch lots of movies. To those of us that understand that a plane does not fall out of the sky if a shot is fired and also understand that you can special ammo to that will not peirce the aircraft, the reasons are much less obvious.

Why can we trust an air marshal with a gun but not a regular citizen?
    And most flights do NOT have an air marshall. So if we are safer when the terrorisr do not know who has a gun, wouldn't we be even more safe if any or ALL of the passengers might have a gun?

The excuses you are giving are the same excuses that liberals give for disarming people on the ground.

I understand it and want to elect someone that will work to REVERSE the 20,000 gun laws we have in this country. It is you who is supporting a president that supports these unconstitutional laws.

What part of shall not be infringed do you not understand?

It does not stop criminals and it does infringe on regular citizens. You should be ashamed to support presidents that support gun restriction laws.

Travis

6. ajwps

ajwps Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Alot of protection that will give you!

Right.... I would like to give Islamic terrorists the same protection to carry weapons on the plane on which you are traveling. Then you can have a good ole western shootout among the men, women and children passengers who all will have their own guns.

Real nice....

To those that watch lots of movies. To those of us that understand that a plane does not fall out of the sky if a shot is fired and also understand that you can special ammo to that will not peirce the aircraft, the reasons are much less obvious.

Be sure to tell the Arab terrorists to use non-aircraft piercing ammo when they shoot the pilots and you to death. Everyone will breath a little easier knowing that the plane's outer shell is safe from blowing wide open. Whew that makes me feel a lot better.

Why can we trust an air marshal with a gun but not a regular citizen? And most flights do NOT have an air marshall. So if we are safer when the terrorisr do not know who has a gun, wouldn't we be even more safe if any or ALL of the passengers might have a gun?

Well first of all air marshalls are well trained to handle terrorist activities on airlines. Regular citizens drink about six or thirteen little whiskey bottles, feel a bit tipsy and pull out their gun and blow a nice big hole in your empty head.

The excuses you are giving are the same excuses that liberals give for disarming people on the ground.

Really? I thought the liberals on the ground want to take away the right of all citizens to bear arms in defense of their lives or property. Drunk citizen militas on 600+ miles per hour airlines will make quite a few flights go down in flames.

I understand it and want to elect someone that will work to REVERSE the 20,000 gun laws we have in this country. It is you who is supporting a president that supports these unconstitutional laws.

What unconstitutional gun laws are you talking about? The right to bear arms laws are meant to allow honest people to obtain weapons and KEEP MORONS AND CRIMINALS from obtaining weapons to kill and maime fellow good Americans.

What part of shall not be infringed do you not understand?

None at all. What part of the current laws which allow good honest citizens to keep and bear arms do you not understand?

It does not stop criminals and it does infringe on regular citizens. You should be ashamed to support presidents that support gun restriction laws.

I sure won't support any presidential candidates that want to take my right to take my gun out of your cold dead hand.

7. tpahl

tpahl Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3

Appearantly you are not familiar with how the old west actually was. It was not like the movies, just like shootouts on planes are not like the movies.

Perhaps you should read what some aerospcae engineers have said about what would ACTUALLY happen if a bullet pierced the hull of a plane. Also airlines could still restrict what ammo they allow on their planes in a free society.

So once again you are making arguments that liberals make on the ground. Why is it that people are responsible enough to own, carry and operate a gun on the ground but the second they are in an airplane you think that only government employees are responsible enough to have such a right?

Which is what you are arguing for in the air.

So you say based on hollywood movies. Reality disagrees.

I am talking about the 20,000 gun laws in this country that the NRA fought everytime they were proposed but has accepted after they were passed. And again I must ask, why is it you want to keep honest people from protecting themselves while on an airplane?

They do nothing but make it more difficult to obtain guns. That right SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED. Why are you supporting gun laws that republicans claimed to oppose before they were passed?

travis

8. ajwps

ajwps Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Appearantly you are not familiar with how the old west actually was. It was not like the movies, just like shootouts on planes are not like the movies.

How many shootouts between drunkards in airplanes have you become familiar with? Why do you equate what you see in movies with reality? What makes you think that I don't know more about the old wild west than is shown in the movies?

Perhaps you should read what some aerospcae engineers have said about what would ACTUALLY happen if a bullet pierced the hull of a plane. Also airlines could still restrict what ammo they allow on their planes in a free society.

I have not only read but examined the tests perfomed on pressurized airplane cabins when a large caliber projectile penetrates the skin of a plane. The pressure differential between the inside pressure in lbs/inch squared and the extreme low outside pressure is devastating when a window is shot out.

Now you would have airlines checking bullet caliber, type, lead weight and size of large bore weapons before every man, woman and child entered thru the metal detectors. You are really a genius way beyond that of mortal man.

So once again you are making arguments that liberals make on the ground. Why is it that people are responsible enough to own, carry and operate a gun on the ground but the second they are in an airplane you think that only government employees are responsible enough to have such a right?

RIGHT.... That is the NRA view as well and the view of any sane human being.

Which is what you are arguing for in the air.

What kind of warfare would be waged on a several hours flight between cities or countries that requires weapons on airplanes?

So you say based on hollywood movies. Reality disagrees.

What does drunken passengers killing other passengers with bullets flying killing babies and blowing holes through the airframes have to do with hollywood movies? Do you truly believe that martians are stealing your brainwaves? I'll bet you learned this fable in your local movie theater with a mouthfull of popcorn.

I am talking about the 20,000 gun laws in this country that the NRA fought everytime they were proposed but has accepted after they were passed. And again I must ask, why is it you want to keep honest people from protecting themselves while on an airplane?

In your scenario of everybody carrying guns on airplanes that the right for militias to keep and bear arms while flying six miles above the earth's surface. Arguing with an imbecile is not only a waste of time but discussing nonsense and absurdities to a clear psycho.

They do nothing but make it more difficult to obtain guns. That right SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED. Why are you supporting gun laws that republicans claimed to oppose before they were passed?

Difficult to obtain guns does not keep honest Americans for obtaining guns thereby no infringement of the constituion. But it does make it much more difficult for terrorists and murderers to obtain guns for purposes other than protection.

I am an NRA member and believe holdheartedly in the right of each honest American to keep and bear arms.

9. tpahl

tpahl Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3
    none. I also am not familiar with shootouts between drunkards in all the bars (where far more alcohol is drank than on an airplane).

I am NOT equating what I see with movies with reality. In the movies there were shootouts in the west all the time and planes instantly loose all cabin pressue fall out of the sky if one shot is fired. Reality is much different.

There is a difference but it is NOT devastating. Don't just say you read and examined things, actualy do it!

What? that people become irresponsible the second they step on a plane unless they recieve paychecks form uncle sam? I have not heard many others make that argument.

sept. 11th 2001 our militia was unfortunately disarmed. Imagine if it had not been...

You for some reason think that allowing people to have guns on planes would result in wild west shootouts. Well the wild west was not the way it was on TV and was in fact safer than the east coast at that time. And people are able to handle their liquor and carry guns on the ground with out getting into wild gunfights. I still have not seen an argument showing why once they step on a plane they no longer can.

I am not the one basing what will happen in an airplane based on what movies I have seen.

You are not making any sense anymore. What exactly are you trying to say in the paragraph above?

No. Criminals and terrorists do not obey those laws and do not buy from people that do. That does not make it harder for them. By making it harder for regular people to buy guns you are infringing on their 2nd amendment right. Even if they can eventually own one, it is infringement. So to answer my question earlier, appearantly it is the word 'infringemened' that you did not understand. look it up.

No. You beleive that government approved americans can have government approved guns if stored in government approved ways and so long as the person paid the government for that right as well as gave them all their information and promise not to carry it on airplanes or schools or any other place the government decides it does not want guns. That is not the same as the right to keep and bear arms that was intended by the 2nd amendment.

Travis

10. HGROKIT

HGROKIT Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19
    pssst, hey travis - better take your meds - i think your brain is freezing again.

:cof: