Reagan Wants to Kill Mark Dice

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by eots, Jun 13, 2008.

1. eots

eots no fly list

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,606
  2. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,618
    While I think Dice's sending propaganda to the troops is boneheadly stupid, calling for the man's assassination is somewhat over the top.

3. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Who are Michael Reagan and Mark Dice?

4. eots

eots no fly list

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,606
    San Diego, CA) Radio talk show host Michael Reagan is calling for the murder of political activist, Mark Dice, after hearing that Dice is mailing letters and DVDs to troops in Iraq. Reagan wants to pay for the bullets.

“Excuse me folks, I’m going to say this. We ought to find the people who are doing this, take them out and shoot them. Really. You take them out, they are traitors to this country, and shoot them. You have a problem with that? Deal with it. You shoot them. You call them traitors, that’s what they are, and you shoot them dead. I’ll pay for the bullets.”

Reagan adds, “How about you take Mark Dice out and put him in the middle of a firing range. Tie him to a post, don’t blindfold him, let it rip and have some fun with Mark Dice.”

Dice is demanding that Reagan be fired immediately. “Calling for the murder of someone because you disagree with their political stance is absolutely unacceptable, un American, and possibly illegal,” says Dice.

Dice has filed a report with the FBI and is considering legal action against Reagan.

Dice’s organization, The Resistance, has launched a campaign to send documentary films and declassified documents to U.S. troops who are stationed in Iraq to inform them that the 9/11 attacks were aided by elements within the U.S. government.

5. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Sounds to me like the perfect solution would be for them to kill each other. I'd say what Dice is doing exceeds mere politics. He's attempting to undermine the morale of troops in the field with his conspiracy theories. Think about it ...

What is his goal? To cause an insurrection? Mass mutiny? There is absolutely NOTHING he or his so-called info can do but get someone in trouble because any action they might take as a result of that info would be illegal.

But let me guess ... he claims to "support the troops?" :eusa_eh:

But I think what Reagan is doing is just as morally reprehensible. Inciting others to murder somone for being an idiot. If it's open season on idiots, I need to go buy a LOT MORE rounds.:badgrin:

6. eots

eots no fly list

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,606
    "I will let Abe feild that question...abe.."

7. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Seems to me Abe's subsequent actions were in direct contradiction to those words, dontchathink?

He in fact used military force to subjugate an entire region that no longer wished to be controlled by his government.

Even IF the ideal is correct, there are laws against taking any action to bring it about.

The penalty for troops in the field during a time of war who refuse to fight is severe. If they refuse to fight under fire, it's death.

If they desert, where are they going to go? Iran? Syria?

NO possible good can come of Dice's actions. It is my opinion he should be held accountable for any-and-everything that occurs, if it should, as a result of his actions. He won't be, but that is my opinion nonetheless.

8. Toro

Toro Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,112
    Isn't that against the law?

I would think calling for the murder of someone violates some sort of FCC rule, at the very least. I mean, if the FCC is going to go all bent out of shape mentioning anatomy on the airwaves, surely the calling for the killing of someone has to rank up there.

9. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Well, he doesn't actually call for anyone to kill the guy. He clearly is speaking in the universal "you," and clearly talking trash.

Not saying I agree with his comments. I agree with his complaint in regard to what Dice is doing, but even idiots have one clear thought every now and again. His commentary is definitely over the top, but do you think it any more illegal than what Dice is doing? It's pushing freedom of speech beyond its intent.

One member of this board was hoping Obama gets assassinated, or something to that effect. I don't get it, but it seems to be where we're at. There's no discussion. Let's just kill each other for our poilitical beliefs.

10. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,990
    We are getting closer and closer to the armed rebellion.