Reagan And The Bushes Made Them Richer:

Funny...you didn't mention Clinton or Obama.

Obama has Larry Summers as his chief financial adviser.
The same Larry Summers who served as Tres. Sec. under Clinton, the same Larry Summers who together with Pres. Clinton, Alan Greenspan, and 3 republican senators entered a bill to remove oversight of the derivative market. The bill passed and overnight 35% of the stock market was no longer under SEC authority. Then Summers left office and made over $50 million personally in the derivative markets. The same markets that he saw to remove government oversight.
And now Summers is Obama's chief adviser.

Obama and Geithner paid FULL MARKET VALUE to purchase the worthless bonds that Goldman Sachs had insured with AIG. That day Goldman Sachs made $14 billion in profit straight from taxpayer money.

I can go on if you like.
get a clue dumbass.

And another thing kid...there was this little thing called a recession that began in late 2002 - to early 2004. yeah...that might have had a small influence in wealth at that time. :cuckoo:

Notice where the upper 1% had dropped to just before George W. Bush's second tax cuts in 2003
Seems like the Republicans do exactly what they need to do to keep the poor down and the rich up

winners-take-all-1979-2007.png

You should take the red line and overlay it onto the Dow Jones Industrial Average.

Might be a real eye opener for you.

Last edited:
And another thing kid...there was this little thing called a recession that began in late 2002 - to early 2004. yeah...that might have had a small influence in wealth at that time. :cuckoo:

That's pretty close for a beginner. The recession began after 9-11. Why wouldn't a recession begin after 9-11

When Bill Clinton left office the unemployment rate was at 4.3%. When George W. Bush left office the whole damn thing was caving in and we were bleeding 170,000 jobs a month. 'Course that's nothing new....every Republican run all the way back to Hoover has left a higher unemployment rate than what it assumed.

Last edited:

That's pretty close for a beginner. The recession began after 9-11. Why wouldn't a recession begin after 9-11

When Bill Clinton left office the unemployment rate was at 4.3%. When George W. Bush left office the whole damn thing was caving in and we were bleeding 170,000 jobs a month. 'Course that's nothing new....every Republican run all the way back to Eisenhower has left a higher unemployment rate than what it assumed.

Nice non answer there.
You didn't address my points.
Would you like some more Cherry flavored drink...or do you prefer grape flavored?

Both his and Chris' charts magically stop in late 08 - early 09

I would wager the red line makes a giant dip in 2008 and then you would see a large rise in 2009.

Yeah...his little chart conveniently ends in 2007.

The truth is that Republicans have methodically cut taxes for the wealthy and corporations and began to borrow trillions from foreign banks until the whole damn thing is no longer manageable. If you can't see that you're blind as a phuckin' bat.

When Barack Obama took over the annual interest on Reagan and the Bushes debt was $450,000,000,000. If you can't calculate that your head is still in your arse.

When George W. Bush held his first cabinet meeting Dick Cheney said, "The Debt Doesn't Matter....Reagan Proved That!"

Maybe the debt doesn't matter but $450 billion of interest each year damn sure does.

Tally up what three years at $450 billion a year is and kindly subtract that from Obama's debt and add it to Reagan and the Bushes.

I would wager the red line makes a giant dip in 2008 and then you would see a large rise in 2009.

The truth is that Republicans have methodically cut taxes for the wealthy and corporations and began to borrow trillions from foreign banks until the whole damn thing is no longer manageable. If you can't see that you're blind as a phuckin' bat.

When Barack Obama took over the annual interest on Reagan and the Bushes debt was $450,000,000,000. If you can't calculate that your head is still in your arse.

When George W. Bush held his first cabinet meeting Dick Cheney said, "The Debt Doesn't Matter....Reagan Proved That!"

Maybe the debt doesn't matter but $450 billion of interest each year damn sure does.

Tally up what three years at $450 billion a year is and kindly subtract that from Obama's debt and add it to Reagan and the Bushes.

Another non-answer.
Still not addressing my points.
You don't have the faintest clue.
Obama talks the talk of his Kool-Aid base...but behind closed doors - his economic policies are identical to Bush. And he has even more card carrying Wall Street insiders in his administration than did Bush.

But no worries...keep pumping Obama's loins.

Another non-answer.
Obama talks the talk of his Kool-Aid base...but behind closed doors - his economic policies are identical to Bush. And he has even more card carrying Wall Street insiders in his administration than did Bush.

You let me know what it is you don't understand. I'll be glad to do your research for you.

Another non-answer.

You let me know what it is you don't understand. I'll be glad to do your research for you.

Don't need it. There are plenty of Michael Moore mocumentaries I can watch and see your kind of research. Or watch old "Countdown with Keith Olberman" episodes.
Or if I am feeling all lefty hating...I can read an Ann Coulter book or maybe Sean Hannity...all the same, familiar type of "research" such as you are well acquainted with.
You don't know jack. You don't possess the courage or the willingness to look past the the garbage and realize that your party favorites are just as corrupt and inept as the other side.

From '95 to '99 it skyrocketed, which Bush's fault was that?

Anyone notice all of Campbell's charts/graphs/date never include the Obama years?

Your party loves the 1% too, that's where they get all their bribes from. They just pretend to be against them when they're standing in front of a microphone to get the mindless drones to believe and vote for them.

As you see in the original post, it's a pretty good strategy.

Waiting for Campbell's response to this.

Both his and Chris' charts magically stop in late 08 - early 09

Republicans took control of Congress in 1996?

"There are many who are rich and powerful who say the system works fine as it is. America had been a boom-and-bust economy going into the Great Depression—just over and over and over, fortunes were wiped out, ordinary families were crushed under it. Coming out of the Great Depression we said, We can build a structure that makes us all safer. And notice, it’s from the end of the Great Depression to the 1980s that we built America’s middle class. That’s when we got stronger as a country. That’s when that big, solid, boring, hardworking, play-by-the-rules group in the middle emerged and defined what America was. You still had the ability to become a billionaire, but the center stayed strong and, notice, provided opportunity for growth, opportunity for getting ahead, opportunity that your kids were going to do better than you did. That was what defined America. And then we started, inch by inch, pulling the threads out of that regulatory fabric, starting in the 1980s.” - Elizabeth Warren

The Woman Who Knew Too Much | Politics | Vanity Fair

"There are many who are rich and powerful who say the system works fine as it is. America had been a boom-and-bust economy going into the Great Depression—just over and over and over, fortunes were wiped out, ordinary families were crushed under it. Coming out of the Great Depression we said, We can build a structure that makes us all safer. And notice, it’s from the end of the Great Depression to the 1980s that we built America’s middle class. That’s when we got stronger as a country. That’s when that big, solid, boring, hardworking, play-by-the-rules group in the middle emerged and defined what America was. You still had the ability to become a billionaire, but the center stayed strong and, notice, provided opportunity for growth, opportunity for getting ahead, opportunity that your kids were going to do better than you did. That was what defined America. And then we started, inch by inch, pulling the threads out of that regulatory fabric, starting in the 1980s.” - Elizabeth Warren

The Woman Who Knew Too Much | Politics | Vanity Fair

Elizabeth Warren rocks.

She is going to stomp the nude model like a rat in the closet.

It doesn't take a profound grasp of the obvious to know that if you give tax breaks to people the lucky recipients of those tax breaks will do better.

But apparently it does take a deeper understanding of the way a macro-economy works to understand why that might not serve the overall economy very well.

Even with the evidence of this mistake before our very eyes, some of you STILL don't understand why we're in this depression.

Many of you, because this is what you are being told, STILL THINK that the national debt is the problem.

It isn't.

Another non-answer.

Don't need it. There are plenty of Michael Moore mocumentaries I can watch and see your kind of research. Or watch old "Countdown with Keith Olberman" episodes.
Or if I am feeling all lefty hating...I can read an Ann Coulter book or maybe Sean Hannity...all the same, familiar type of "research" such as you are well acquainted with.
You don't know jack. You don't possess the courage or the willingness to look past the the garbage and realize that your party favorites are just as corrupt and inept as the other side.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!

Ann Coulter and or Sean Hannity would climb a tree to tell a lie before they would stand on the ground and tell the truth....just like FAUX News.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!

Ann Coulter and or Sean Hannity would climb a tree to tell a lie before they would stand on the ground and tell the truth....just like FAUX News.

Well at least you are consistent..but a bit dim.
You didn't include Olberman or Moore in your statement...which are no better or worse than Coulter/Hannity....actually Moore is the worst of all.

And yes, I am aware that they all lie by only including one side of the "facts"...which was the point. You do the same, thus your "research" is just like theirs.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!

You didn't include Olberman or Moore in your statement...which are no better or worse than Coulter/Hannity....actually Moore is the worst of all.

And yes, I am aware that they all lie by only including one side of the "facts"...which was the point. You do the same, thus your "research" is just like theirs.

I watch CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, NBC, PBS, CSPAN and indeed Fox as well. 90% of the 30-40% of this country who are Republicans watch one channel...FOX. I live in east Tennessee. Around here they're nearly all Republicans and not once have I ever been in a car wash, a service station, a tire repair place, a barber shop, etc. where the TV was tuned to anything except Fox News.....not one time. That's why Fox gets higher ratings than the others. They have a captive audience of a third of the nation listening to their 24-7 slanted news reports all the time.

Last edited:
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!

I watch CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, NBC, PBS, CSPAN and indeed Fox as well. 90% of the 30-40% of this country who are Republicans watch one channel...FOX. I live in east Tennessee. Around here they're nearly all Republicans and not once have I ever been in a car wash, a service station, a tire repair place, a barber shop, etc. where the TV was tuned to anything except Fox News.....not one time. That's why Fox gets higher ratings than the others. They have a captive audience of a third of the nation listening to their 24-7 slanted news reports all the time.

Your just not going to talk about it are you?
Just once...try it...you made a claim that republicans "take care of the rich"...but won't even look into my claim that BOTH parties do equally.
Just look into Larry Summers as one example...the guy is despicable. What he has done over the past 30 years would make Al Capone blush...yet he is Obama's chief financial adviser. Look at Ron Regan, look at Geithner etc. etc. etc.
The more people who can stop throwing rocks at each other and take a look at their own "side" and realize the entire system is corrupt - THIS is the ONLY way things will ever change. Otherwise the same corrupt people are elected over and over because everyone blames the other guy.

Forum List

Back