Read What It Is Like To Teach Mexican Children in America Today

Discussion in 'Immigration/Illegal Immigration' started by LostAmerican, Apr 3, 2011.

1. LostAmerican

LostAmerican BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31
    A substitute teacher in Arizona’s public schools detonated a rhetorical bomb when a letter he wrote to a state senator was read on the state Senate’s floor to support legislation requiring parents to prove their children are citizens of the United States before the children may enter school.

The letter, from a substitute teacher for the Glendale Elementary School District outside Phoenix, claimed the Hispanic students in his class at Harold W. Smith Elementary School (picture at left) were unruly, out-of-control, unwilling to learn, and openly hostile to the United States.
    The missive provoked the usual cries of racism from the usual suspects and an investigation by Glendale’s school authorities to determine if the story the teacher told is true.

Letters About Hispanic Students Stirs Controversy In Arizona

---------------------------------------------------------

Gosh. Those kids haven't a clue about American History. That's what you get when your parents only read LA RAZA pamphlets for news. Just like those kids in Nazi Germany and "Mein Kampf".

BTW, isn't the President of Mexico WHITE?:lol:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2011
  2. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,995
    What It Is Like To Teach Mexican Children in America Today

For many, it's satisfying. Seems many of them want to learn. Unlike a huge portion of the children of the right, many of their children are dropouts and doomed to a life of poverty and ignorance.

Hopkins Medicine Magazine - The Alfredo Story

[​IMG]

3. LostAmerican

LostAmerican BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31
    If only America could isolate the ones who actually learn anything and throw the others back into the third world jungle that their parents created for them.

4. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,683
    The US Department of Education would disagree with you:
    Fast Facts
    The Hispanic dropout rate is double what the Black rate is.

Once again, FACTS get in the way of an rdean rant.

5. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    How old were the kids this teacher is talking about? I find the letter a little vague as it's posted here. I find it hard to believe that an adult can't get a group of little kids under control.

If they're high school kids, same thing...I'di want to know how many kids was this, over what period of time, or is this a compilation of different incidents at different times with different kids.

6. LostAmerican

LostAmerican BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31
    The kids were from an elementary school. Since the teacher was a temp, we are lucky to hear the story. A permanent teacher would have to deal with the gang members brothers of the students, so they probably wouldn't talk about these things.

I knew a school bus driver that had to put up with guns in her face. It's not the days of "Leave It To Beaver" any more.

I've heard similar things from teachers at local schools in Chicago.

"I don't have to listen to you. I'm Mexican!" is very popular.

"The gun belongs to my uncle whose a gang banger!" is popular too!

7. Flopper

Flopper Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,305
    Well, sometimes the truth just get's stretched a bit.

"A metropolitan Phoenix school district has launched an inquiry into a substitute teacher who wrote a letter that portrayed Hispanic students in a harsh light and was read aloud last week at the Arizona Legislature during a debate on an immigration bill."

"District spokesman Jim Cummings said all students questioned in the inquiry have said everyone stood for the pledge and that none said their land had been stolen. “What we are finding here — and what we believe — is that the statements that he made weren’t accurate,” Cummings said."

Arizona Hate Letter by Glendale Substitute Teacher Tony Hill Not a Hoax « Franky Benítez

8. LostAmerican

LostAmerican BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Find the teacher and give him a polygraph test. Simple. A honest man has nothing to hide and much to contribute.

Why not send questionaires out to teachers throughout Arizona that will be held strictly confidential. This matter is too important to drop.

9. JScott

JScott I check facts.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +93
    I dont believe a word of it considering Glendale is a little more upscale than most of the rest of Phoenix. Do you know that 75% of the population there is white?

I call bullshit.

10. Flopper

Flopper Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,305
    A polygraph test and send questionnaires to all teachers? It's a waste of money. It appears that there are between 50,000 and 70,000 undocumented children in Arizona. Assuming all of them attend public school, which seems unlikely 5% to 7% of the student population are undocumented. For a class of 30 students, that works out to 1 to 2 undocumented students per class. Even if the letter was absolutely true, it could not possibly be representative of most classrooms in the state.

School Information | Arizona Education Network
    Undocumented Immigrants: Facts and Figures