Re-Evaluating Newt..

Thought this thread was about Gingrich. The way to tell what he is about is to read his Contract with America 2012.

He's done it before and I think he's the best candidate we have. He worked with Democrats and still got his ideas in.

Our other candidates are beating each other up, Cain is making too many mistakes...not ready for the high office. Gingrich is the only one that has stayed above the fray and seems presidential.

I also like his ideas:

21st Century Contract With America | Newt Gingrich 2012

MAY: Trump is gonna kick Obama's ass!

JULY: Bachmann is gonna kick Obama's ass!

SEPTEMBER: Perry is gonna kick Obama's ass!

OCTOBER: Cain is gonna kick Obama's ass!

NOVEMBER: Newt is gonna kick Obama's ass!

:lol:

If Santorum can just hold out a while longer, he'll be kicking Obama's ass, too! And when it's all over, and wingnuts have finished running their mouth, Romney will get demolished by Obama. :lol:

PHEAR THE PHRED!!!!!!

How about this scenario. She quits her job in 1982, and goes public as to why. THEN she has crediblity.

I can't believe you think you can set the standard for credibility on sexual harassment charges after your comments in this thread.

By far the best debater and most informed candidate and could easily kick Obama's ass in a debate...

Turned Clinton from a deficit spending President in a fortunate economy to a budget surplus and Democrat pro-sexual harassment hero..

Soo.. what's your beef with this Guy...?

Don't have one. He's already my choice, assuming he's still in by the time my state's primary rolls around.

Newt is the smartest guy in the room. He has tons of experience. I love watching him during the debates. Yep. Smartest guy in the room.

He also has tons of baggage which will affect his chances of being nominated.

Stranger things have happened though.

That's not saying much in a room full of Rightwingers.

Just because Hannity thinks Newtie is smart doen't mean anything.

Newtie makes specious arguments that are easily ripped to threads with actual facts.

Hill clearly did not want to testify. She did not sue for monetary gain. She went on with her life. The story did hold up to scrutiny. You just don't like what she had to say.

Oh, she didn't want to testify. Right. After the Senator started calling Bullshit on her, she definitely didn't want to testify.

Now, you compare that to Lewisnky, who didn't have a fancy law degree, she made the congressmen look like monkeys...

Her story did not hold up to scrutiny. She never gave a good reason why she would transfer to another department if she thought this man was so horrible. Which is why polls taken after the testimony found most people didn't believe her AND the Senate actually confirmed Thomas.

Now, we've had 20 years since then of the fat feminists telling us 'we just don't get it' and other BS, but believe me, most people think this is a bullshit bit of law, including most women. It's another one of the reasons companies are packing up their shit and moving to third world countries. Good show.

How about this scenario. She quits her job in 1982, and goes public as to why. THEN she has crediblity.

I can't believe you think you can set the standard for credibility on sexual harassment charges after your comments in this thread.

Yup, I think I can. Waiting ten years after sucking up that whole time- no credibility.

MAY: Trump is gonna kick Obama's ass!

JULY: Bachmann is gonna kick Obama's ass!

SEPTEMBER: Perry is gonna kick Obama's ass!

OCTOBER: Cain is gonna kick Obama's ass!

NOVEMBER: Newt is gonna kick Obama's ass!

:lol:

If Santorum can just hold out a while longer, he'll be kicking Obama's ass, too! And when it's all over, and wingnuts have finished running their mouth, Romney will get demolished by Obama. :lol:

PHEAR THE PHRED!!!!!!

Don't ya just love the chest thumpers?

Oh, she didn't want to testify. Right. After the Senator started calling Bullshit on her, she definitely didn't want to testify.

Again, this is happening in your head. Your scenario makes no sense. She found out she was going to be subpoenaed, she came in voluntarily, knowing she would be attacked. Even you realize she had nothing to gain by telling what she told, that she didn't seek to come in and tell her story, but you insist on assigning her evil motives. At one point when I said this to you, you attacked her for privately complaining about Thomas' behavior, as if by complaining to friends, she manipulated a Senate committee into asking for her testimony. How did she do that? Witchcraft? I believe that's at the bottom of the bag you're pulling this out of at this point. Oh, the unknown woman made the powerful men listen to her. She must have used some evil power.

Now, you compare that to Lewisnky, who didn't have a fancy law degree, she made the congressmen look like monkeys...

The two situations have little in common.

Her story did not hold up to scrutiny. She never gave a good reason why she would transfer to another department if she thought this man was so horrible. Which is why polls taken after the testimony found most people didn't believe her AND the Senate actually confirmed Thomas.

Her story did hold up to scrutiny for many listeners. I believed her, and found her more credible than Thomas.

Whether or not something happened is not determined by polls.

Now, we've had 20 years since then of the fat feminists telling us 'we just don't get it' and other BS, but believe me, most people think this is a bullshit bit of law, including most women. It's another one of the reasons companies are packing up their shit and moving to third world countries. Good show.

Wow, now feminists are responsible for jobs moving overseas. :lol: And by most women, you again mean some women you know. Not most women, meaning most of the women in the nation.

Oh, you clearly don't get it. What you're saying makes no sense, and you're apparently so eat up with anger that you don't even realize it. Look at what you're saying below-

Yup, I think I can. Waiting ten years after sucking up that whole time- no credibility.

Your thinking is just twisted.

She wants to get even, so she DOESN'T say anything? She wants to harm him, so she waits until she's told she's going to be subpoenaed to talk about it publicly?

She doesn't say anything to coworkers, you claim, so her story is false, but she did say something to friends, so that means she manipulated Senators into calling her to testify.

You've attacked her for working at EEOC, and then complained because she didn't work there long enough.

You praise Paula Jones, who sued for money, but attack Anita Hill, who didn't sue for money.

You say she should have been like Lewinsky, who tried to get out of testifying about a very different scenario, and ultimately testified, but attack Hill for knowing you can't dodge a subpoena?

Every time it's brought to your attention that your thinking doesn't hold up to scrutiny, you divert to Joe Biden, or say that 90% of supervisors do this so she should be tougher, or start attacking feminists as fat. :cuckoo:

Last edited:
Your notion that she just didn't want any part of this until supeoned is dishonest.

Let's look at the timeline. The FBI goes around talking to everyone who knew Thomas. While everyone else said, "Yeah, great guy!" Hill said some vague story about how he said something some time that made her uncomforatable. Or something. Just don't let it get back to him, I might need another letter of recommendation.

Then Joe Biden (Seriously, what an embarrassment that man was then- and now) realized that he wasn't making any progress in the hearings asking him about abortion 50 times. So he goes through the background paperwork, and leaks what SHOULD have been a confidential document to the press. In short, he couldn't accomplish what he wanted legally, so he did it illegally.

So then they brought her up and she made a bunch of accusations that, well, gee, despite being a law professor and J.D., she just didn't know if she was being harrassed or not and was Soooooo confused she asked for a transfer to go work for her harraser again.

Once again, the minute she transferred, she admitted the behavior just wasn't that bad.

Wow, now feminists are responsible for jobs moving overseas.

You don't think that litiigation for bullshit is a major reason no one wants to open factories here? Or that they look at the millions spent on "sensitivity training", which is probably "non-value added expense" defined. Losing a whole years profit to a worthless employee you fired who claimed harrassment, because 12 other malingers who couldn't get out of jury duty agreed with her.

You praise Paula Jones,

NO, I just realize she had an actual case. Being asked for a blowjob, definitely harrassment. Hearing an off-color comment. Not harrassment. Not a big deal. She needs to be a lot tougher.

Every time it's brought to your attention that your thinking doesn't hold up to scrutiny, you divert to Joe Biden, or say that 90% of supervisors do this so she should be tougher, or start attacking feminists as fat.

Well, they're ugly, too. Attractive women are never feminists. Feminism is for opening the mainstream for ugly women...

But you're the one avoiding the point.

Simple question, or stop wasting my time.

If she REALLY WAS BEING HARRASSED, why did she MOVE TO A DIFFERENT DEPARTMENT TO WORK WITH HIM AGAIN?

It makes absolutely no sense- UNLESS she was just an oppurtunist who attached herself to Thomas like a parasite, and turned on him when there was an oppurtune time to do so.

Another point.

I had a boss I didn't like once. You know what I did. I didnt suck up to him for a decade. I sent out resumes and got a better paying job. AMAZING! And I didn't have a fancy law degree like Ms. Hill.

Ironically, this same guy approached me two years later and asked me if I would be interested in a new position at the same company. (You know, he wasn't looking so smart when he couldn't take credit for the work of others.) I pretty much told him to do something that was anatomically impossible.

Wow. And I ain't no super genius like Anita Hill, who was obviously so confused that she transferred to work for her harrasser again..

Corporations are not moving overseas because they are scared of harassment lawsuits.

Your notion that she wanted this is imaginary.

Your defense of his behavior as "not that bad" is hilarious. She didn't sue him. She testified when she was told she was being subpoenaed.
NO, I just realize she had an actual case. Being asked for a blowjob, definitely harrassment. Hearing an off-color comment. Not harrassment. Not a big deal. She needs to be a lot tougher.

And there it is again. You are the judge of what is and is not harassment, based on your GOP sympathies, your dislike of vast numbers of women, and stuff that pisses you off at work.

Well, they're ugly, too. Attractive women are never feminists. Feminism is for opening the mainstream for ugly women...

Do you really want a fat, impotent slob who has to buy a new wife every few years to be your source for opinions on women?

But you're the one avoiding the point.

Simple question, or stop wasting my time.

If she REALLY WAS BEING HARRASSED, why did she MOVE TO A DIFFERENT DEPARTMENT TO WORK WITH HIM AGAIN?

It makes absolutely no sense- UNLESS she was just an oppurtunist who attached herself to Thomas like a parasite, and turned on him when there was an oppurtune time to do so.

Because she hoped and thought that the harassment had stopped, and she had an interest in a particular line of work.

You're coming from a position of male privilege, and severe political bias.

PS We love Joe Biden at our house. We consider Bush an embarrassment to the nation.

Don't have one. He's already my choice, assuming he's still in by the time my state's primary rolls around.

Newt is the smartest guy in the room. He has tons of experience. I love watching him during the debates. Yep. Smartest guy in the room.

He also has tons of baggage which will affect his chances of being nominated.

Stranger things have happened though.

Tons of baggage such as . . . ?

I think most of it pertains to his personal life. I'm sure if you Googled his name it would give you all the nitty gritty.

Me?? I could care. I like Newt and always have. He's not perfect but then who the hell is??

Unfortunately there are loads of folks who are looking for a politician to be perfect. IMO they feel if your personal life isn't perfect than by God there is no way you could run the nation. Laughable as it seems I think thats how some folks think.

As I said. Newt is the smartest guy in the room and I think he would make a great POTUS but I doubt he would get the nomination because folks are more concerned with his personal life than what he could do as POTUS>

Would love to see him debate the nitwit in chief. Wouldn't that be grand??

Newt is smart enough to be President, but he lacks any morality.

I'd love to see him debate Obama, too. I always enjoy seeing someone wipe the floor with Newt.

Corporations are not moving overseas because they are scared of harassment lawsuits.

No, but it adds to the expense of what it costs to make things here, which is why they don't. I'm in manufacturing, don't tell me my business, and I won't tell you yours..

Your notion that she wanted this is imaginary.

Yeah, they just had to force those huge speaking fees on her.

Your defense of his behavior as "not that bad" is hilarious. She didn't sue him. She testified when she was told she was being subpoenaed.

She didn't sue because she didn't have a case. Also, once you do sue somebody for that sort of thing, you become employment poison. They assume you are a serial litigator and don't take the chance.

And there it is again. You are the judge of what is and is not harassment, based on your GOP sympathies, your dislike of vast numbers of women, and stuff that pisses you off at work.

Guy, it aint about me.... Frankly, if a crude comment about a coke can has you weeping uncontrollably, you probably aren't tough enough to make it in the real world.

I could imagine if this woman had ever joined the military and had a screaming drill instructor in her face! :drills:

Do you really want a fat, impotent slob who has to buy a new wife every few years to be your source for opinions on women?

The guy makes millions of dollars. He must be doing something right. Actually, I'm pretty critical of Rush in other areas, but I think he hit this one on the head.

Because she hoped and thought that the harassment had stopped, and she had an interest in a particular line of work.

I would wonder why she chose a line of work where there were only two places she could possibly work, and she just had no choice but to follow the mean old harrassing guy from one to the other. :eusa_boohoo:

I guess she just found that preferable to being the under-acheiving affirmative action hire at a law firm, which is what she was before she joined the government.

I mean, seriously, how utterly useless do you have to be to fail in a government job?

You're coming from a position of male privilege, and severe political bias.

PS We love Joe Biden at our house. We consider Bush an embarrassment to the nation.

And you probably think Obama is doing a great job.... :lol:

What "male privilage". There are more men unemployed right now than there are women.

My position is the one you couldn't answer. If he was so horrible, why work for him again, unless you a scheming oppurtunist. And the problem with oppurtunists is that they will stab you in the back in a heart beat.

Which is really my problem. I'm about loyalty. I had officers I disliked when I was in the military, and I've had bosses I've disliked in the civilian world. But as long as they are the boss, you support them. Or you go somewhere else. You don't go looking for a place to stick a knife.

I hate HIll not because of political bias (talk to some of the right wingers who think I'm a leftist) but because she committed the one unforgivable sin in my eye- disloyalty.

I'd love to see him debate Obama, too. I always enjoy seeing someone wipe the floor with Newt.

Ooooookay. I'm sorry, you just spent a bunch of time defending clinton, and you want to talk to me about morality.

Or how about your boy Obama throwing his poor granny under the bus because he was trying to weasel his way out of sitting in Reverand Wright's church for 20 years. Far more contemptable than anything Newt did.

LOL Would be interesting to see just who did the floor wiping.

I'd put my money on Newt.

As for lacking morality?

Take a look back in history. Its loaded with immoral dudes who were Prez. Some good, some not so good. JFK and FDR come to mind right off the bat. There are many others.

Last edited:
If snarky, unsubstantiated loads of horseshit rhetoric that get applause from uninformed, indoctrinated, frightened nutters in the audience are an indication of a debate's winner.....Newt has a chance.

Forum List

Back