Raygun made over 250 recess appointments

Specifically, which law did he break?

The Supreme Court voted 9-0 that President Obama violated the separation of powers act of the Constitution when he declared the Senate in "recess" when they were not.

Nah, they ruled President Obama's "recess appointments" made in 2012 when the Senate was holding only pro-forma sessions every three days and conducting no business, as a way of blocking the President from using the Recess Power, was unconstitutional.

Which is exactly what OldStyle stated. I don’t really expect partisan asshattery from you under normal circumstances so it is rather surprising that you are purposefully blinding yourself to this fact by playing asinine semantic games.

The Supreme Court voted 9-0 that President Obama violated the separation of powers act of the Constitution when he declared the Senate in "recess" when they were not.

Nah, they ruled President Obama's "recess appointments" made in 2012 when the Senate was holding only pro-forma sessions every three days and conducting no business, as a way of blocking the President from using the Recess Power, was unconstitutional.

Part of the Supreme Court ruling was that the Senate determined when they were or were not in session...not the President. As for the Republican tactic you speak of? Gee, I wonder where they came up with that? Oh, that's right...it was the same tactic that the Democrats used against George W. Bush! Funny thing though...W played by the rules and waited for a REAL recess to make appointments. Barry simply said "Fuck You" to the Senate and named his without waiting.

And then Barry and the rest of you scratch your heads and complain that the Congress isn't "working" with the President. Gee, wonder why...:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Part of the Supreme Court ruling was that the Senate determined when they were or were not in session...not the President. As for the Republican tactic you speak of? Gee, I wonder where they came up with that? Oh, that's right...it was the same tactic that the Democrats used against George W. Bush! Funny thing though...W played by the rules and waited for a REAL recess to make appointments. Barry simply said "Fuck You" to the Senate and named his without waiting.

And then Barry and the rest of you scratch your heads and complain that the Congress isn't "working" with the President. Gee, wonder why...:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

besides that his ideas suck

what

the court declared the president does not have the authority

to declare congress in recess

I never spoke of it or called it a "Republican" tactic. My point still stands what the President did was unconstitutional, but that in itself is not a crime, and he did nothing illegal.

According to the Supreme Court they were in session, as they stated, and therefore they were unconstitutionally appointed.

I never spoke of it or called it a "Republican" tactic. My point still stands what the President did was unconstitutional, but that in itself is not a crime, and he did nothing illegal.

The President takes an oath to obey the Constitution. If, as you admit, the President does something unconstitutional it is the very definition of "illegal". It takes a Supreme Court ruling to make it official but that 9-0 vote was a clear message that what Barack Obama did by declaring that in his eyes the Senate was not in session, was indeed illegal. When you do things that are illegal...by definition you are committing a crime.

Forum List

Back