Rapid rise of Saudi students in America

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
I don't mind the Saudis coming here to study as long as it is just to study and not commit some terrorist act.

New
C

• file-03-1441301725108992300.jpg

FUTURE LEADERS: In the Kingdom’s policy, there is particular focus on the education and training of its citizens.
ARAB NEWS

Published — Friday 4 September 2015

Last update 4 September 2015 1:14 am

| |
ico-fonts.png
A A

Saudi Arabia and the United States have enjoyed a fruitful relationship for over eight decades. This has been driven by shared interests and a vision of the late King Abdul Aziz to ensure that the Kingdom has wide and beneficial relations with the entire world, without prejudicing deep-held values and principles based on Islam.
With the discovery of oil, the Kingdom used its newfound economic status to ensure rapid development on all fronts. Apart from a massive focus on upgrading its infrastructure, there was a particular focus on the education and training of its citizens on the secular and religious fronts. This was based on the recognition that people are the true wealth of the nation.
Under the guidance of the late King Abdul Aziz, there were various institutions of learning set up in the Kingdom, with top educators brought in from other Arab countries. In addition, in 1927, Saudi citizens were granted scholarships to study in other Arab countries. It was only later that the king expanded the scholarship program to include the top universities in Europe and the United States

Continue reading at:

The future of Saudi arabia is uncertain. Both Iran and Al quaeda are salivating to grab control. Those two are
certainly not allies of each other-----but when push comes to shove------muslims who hate each other can form alliances in
order to do the JIHAD thing. If the war does happen----it is likely to not only be very bloody----but it could destroy some Saudi family fortunes------Saudis are not stupid-----they are probably eager to ensure the futures of their children

I don't mind the Saudis coming here to study as long as it is just to study and not commit some terrorist act.

Well you know that ALL MUSLIMS are terrorists, don't you, so chances are they're going to blow themselves up at some point. Or is it spontaneously combustion Muslims style?

Well you know that ALL MUSLIMS are terrorists, don't you, so chances are they're going to blow themselves up at some point. Or is it spontaneously combustion Muslims style?

Have you finished? There are those who come here who hate us and would do anything to harm us. Why not talk to the 9/11 terrorist in his jail cell and ask him why his friends came to the U.S.? Did they come to be peaceful?

Anyhow, getting back to the students coming here, would anyone not hope that all the foreign students were like this Saudi man (who writes for the Arab News and whose columns I love to read) who could fit right in with his fellow classmates at the Maritime Academy. I come from the Bronx, and would have loved to meet someone like him there.

A Saudi Bronx tale

Have you finished? There are those who come here who hate us and would do anything to harm us. Why not talk to the 9/11 terrorist in his jail cell and ask him why his friends came to the U.S.? Did they come to be peaceful?

Anyhow, getting back to the students coming here, would anyone not hope that all the foreign students were like this Saudi man (who writes for the Arab News and whose columns I love to read) who could fit right in with his fellow classmates at the Maritime Academy. I come from the Bronx, and would have loved to meet someone like him there.

A Saudi Bronx tale

Yes, there are those who come to do harm, and there are those Americans under the name of the govt who go there to do harm too.

Many Muslims are not terrorist, but Bush tried to make everyone think they all are.

A Saudi Bronx tale

Yes, there are those who come to do harm, and there are those Americans under the name of the govt who go there to do harm too.

Many Muslims are not terrorist, but Bush tried to make everyone think they all are.

Your statement "Bush tried to make everyone thing they
(muslims) all are (terrorists) -----is a filthy lie------He never
made such a statement. Your statement is that of a typical
islamo Nazi pimp pig piece of shit. Did you attend the
weekly JUMAH FECES FLING ---yesterday?

Your statement "Bush tried to make everyone thing they

I didn't say Bush said this. I said Bush tried to make everyone think that this was the case. There's a big difference. So don't call me a liar when you're claiming I said something I didn't say.

Your statement "Bush tried to make everyone think they

I didn't say Bush said this. I said Bush tried to make everyone think that this was the case. There's a big difference. So don't call me a liar when you're claiming I said something I didn't say.

OH!!! excuse me----without "saying" all muslims are terrorists------BUSH MAGICALLY INSERTED THIS IDEA
INTO THE MINDS OF AMERICANS. I am very very impressed. He must have asked MAGIC ZIONISTS to
conjure up a special TALMUDIC VOODOO potion that he
placed in the water supply-------you disgusting, lying islamo Nazi dog.. --------was your mind altered by the intrusive
magic potion?

Your statement "Bush tried to make everyone think they

OH!!! excuse me----without "saying" all muslims are terrorists------BUSH MAGICALLY INSERTED THIS IDEA
INTO THE MINDS OF AMERICANS. I am very very impressed. He must have asked MAGIC ZIONISTS to
conjure up a special TALMUDIC VOODOO potion that he
placed in the water supply-------you disgusting, lying islamo Nazi dog.. --------was your mind altered by the intrusive
magic potion?

Hitler didn't say "kill all the Jews", so... does that mean Hitler didn't intend on killing all the Jews?

Oh come on. Let's not play "we're fucking stupid idiots and we should let the politicians tell us what they want us to hear" nonsense. I'm not that foowki' dumb, I'd hope you're not too.....

A Saudi Bronx tale

Now after we have stopped blaming the American government, let's get back to student from foreign countries. We certainly hope that we don't get those like Faisal Shahzad, the Times Square Bomber, who got a bachelor's degree and MBA here but students like ABDULATEEF AL-MULHIM can come by the boatload as far as I am concerned. He probably has more former American classmates keeping in touch with him than you have. He is what you call an outstanding human being who is able to assimilate very easily into a society which is so unlike his own.

A Saudi Bronx tale

ABDULATEEF AL-MULHIM

Published — Monday 11 May 2015

Last update 11 May 2015 12:45 am

| |
ico-fonts.png
A A

LATEST STORIES IN Columns
More
On Sept. 14, 1993 I was glued to a movie screen watching a movie titled, A Bronx Tale. The movie was about a young boy’s life in the Bronx during the 1960s. The young boy’s part was played by Robert De Niro. What would attract a Saudi to a Hollywood movie about the Bronx?
After graduating from high school in Saudi Arabia in the mid 1970s and during the massive economic boom, Saudi Arabia launched a scholarship program that sent many high school graduates to top universities around the world and mainly to American schools. I and eight other young Saudis were chosen to attend either the US Naval Academy or any of the American maritime schools. Due to the limited time for processing of documents to attend the US Naval Academy, we were told that we would be attending the State University of New York Maritime College, in the Bronx. The question is not where the Bronx is but how often does one hear about a young Saudi boy leaving his home in Saudi Arabia to attend school in the Bronx?
During the summer of 1975, I landed at the JFK Airport and took a cab to my new school in the Bronx. The first thing I learned about the Bronx was that it was the only borough (part of a city) that is addressed with “the.” It is part of New York City, in the US state of New York, which is composed of five boroughs. They are Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island and the Bronx.
The four years of school in the Bronx passed very fast and I thoroughly enjoyed every day I spent in the school and on the streets of the Bronx. I learned a great many thing not only from the school’s books or the classrooms, but also from all my classmates and schoolmates. The three summer cruises that were required aboard the training ship, the Empire State, was both very educational and fun. By the time I graduated from school, I had already crossed the Atlantic Ocean six times and had been to six European countries. At that time there was no Internet or mobile phones so the America embassies in the European countries we visited were our official mailing addresses because our ship was flying the American flag.
I graduated in 1979. I went back to the school in 1989 for a class reunion. To this day, I keep in touch with all my schoolmates through our alumni association. But last week, I was in for a pleasant surprise. I was visiting my son and daughter in Washington. Both are studying on scholarships from the Saudi government. During my visit, I contacted a former classmate, Tony Palmiotti who works at the school to let him know that I would drive to New York to see him at the school for a chat to refresh memories about the old-time navigation such as great circle sailing. Other classmates knew about my plans and suggested that I make my visit on May 5 to attend the 2015 Admiral’s Scholarship Dinner.

Forum List

Back