Rand Paul and McConnell discuss their lies over a live mic

Beohner is cracking, while the Democrats are holding firm. Hence all the pants-shitting from the righties now. It's starting to dawn on them what a calamity this is for them.

Here's a suggestion, righties. Look at the storm arriving in the Gulf. Use that as a face-saving excuse to officially cave. "For the benefit of the nation blahblahblah ...".

What we saw there was two politicians.....discussing optics.

Paul came off like an eager student......running to an upperclassman to show him how smart he was.....tht he figured out how the other guys were making a mistake in their messaging.

It was not an honest discussion about the right thing to do.....it was an honest discussion about how to win a propaganda battle.

Did the little fucker admit that they were pulling wool over anyone's eyes? No.....but you can tell that he is primarily interested in how what they do can be sold.

Nothing out of the ordinary for a politician. But lets not pretend they were having an honest policy discussion.

Whaaaaat? He never lied. You're whole interpretation of the situation is based on partisan hate and nothing more. We get it, you hate Rand and anything Red... That does not make Rand a liar for telling the truth.

Well....since I did not say he lied....you seem to be upset over nothing. Try again.

Paul came off like an eager student......running to an upperclassman to show him how smart he was.....tht he figured out how the other guys were making a mistake in their messaging.

It was not an honest discussion about the right thing to do.....it was an honest discussion about how to win a propaganda battle.

Did the little fucker admit that they were pulling wool over anyone's eyes? No.....but you can tell that he is primarily interested in how what they do can be sold.

Nothing out of the ordinary for a politician. But lets not pretend they were having an honest policy discussion.

What we saw were two statemen marvelling at the other side. The statesmen were ready to negotiate, which is what you have to do in a republic like this. The other side is the Party of No.
No negotiation
No compromise
No talks
No cancer care for small children.

Two statesmen? Good one!

Negotiations happened. The Democrats agreed to the spending levels.
Compromise happened before the law was passed.
Talks happened.

No cancer care? Man you buy it all.

The transcript speaks for itself, now need for madcows interpretation, or loonynuckles.

Paul: "Do you have a second?"

McConnell: "I'm all wired up here, um."

Paul: "I just did CNN and I just go over and over again, 'We're willing to compromise. 'We're willing to negotiate.' I think, I don't think [Democrats] poll tested 'we won't negotiate.' I think it's awful for them to say that over and over again."

McConnell: "Yeah, I do too and I, and I just came back from that two-hour meeting with them and that was, and that was basically the same view privately as it was publically."

Paul: "I think if we keep saying, 'We wanted to defund it. We fought for that and now we're willing to compromise on this', I think they can't, we're gonna, I think, well I know we don't want to be here, but we're gonna win this, I think."

Paul caught on hot mic: 'We're gonna win this, I think' - The Maddow Blog

When Rand Paul says, " 'We're gonna win this, I think' ", who does he reference will win?

The American People or his political party (supporting his ambitions)?

Note to CumCatcher: The Democrats are not equivalent to the American people.

There are two sides here: The Dems and the GOP. If the GOP wins, then America wins. Because we cannot go on spending and raising the debt ceiling forever. Only people who hate America want to do that.

Then Reagan and both Bush's must have hated America, too!

What we saw were two statemen marvelling at the other side. The statesmen were ready to negotiate, which is what you have to do in a republic like this. The other side is the Party of No.
No negotiation
No compromise
No talks

STATESMEN?????????

This really is indicative of the degree of ignorance on the right.

McConnell and Rand as statesmen? Wow. That is just bizarre. And very blind.

Whaaaaat? He never lied. You're whole interpretation of the situation is based on partisan hate and nothing more. We get it, you hate Rand and anything Red... That does not make Rand a liar for telling the truth.

Prolly shouldn't even be talking to him about it. It's really that stupid. And I'd be the first to call it if there was any bullshit to Paul's comments.

No negotiation
No compromise
No talks

STATESMEN?????????

This really is indicative of the degree of ignorance on the right.

McConnell and Rand as statesmen? Wow. That is just bizarre. And very blind.

Legislators are suppose to represent their constituents. Paul IS doing that. If you think he's a moron and not a statesmen, then you think that of all his constituents, which is fine if you do. But he did nothing wrong in this "hot mic" incident and you have made something out of nothing and have gone WAY past the point where you could have backed away from it. Now, your just another partisan hack!

Well....since I did not say he lied....you seem to be upset over nothing. Try again.

I'm sorry, I read "Did the little fucker admit that they were pulling wool over anyone's eyes? No....." and didn't really put the "No...." as you saying he didn't lie, but rather thought you meant Rand didn't tell the truth to CNN for some reason, my bad.~

Don't know where this is available but Chris Matthews showing a clip where McConnells says "I'm all wired up here" but Paul is so damn dumb, he just keeps on talking about lying and ends it with 'if we all just keep repeating that, we'll win this thing'.

If anyone see the clip, please post it.
It was awesome watching those two plotting.

Don't know where this is available but Chris Matthews showing a clip where McConnells says "I'm all wired up here" but Paul is so damn dumb, he just keeps on talking about lying and ends it with 'if we all just keep repeating that, we'll win this thing'.

If anyone see the clip, please post it.
It was awesome watching those two plotting.

Plotting what? How they think the people will side with both parties? They didn't even go over strategy of any kind, simply Rands pointed out that Dems are not willing to budge.

More lies from luddly. Who would have thunk it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gXIgAAN3o4]Rand Paul Mitch McConnell Busted With Hot Mic - YouTube[/ame]

Whose going to win this? The American people or these two assholes whose sole concern is their job.

Americans will lose with ocare. Oh, and by the way, I didn't hear a peep from you about your gang slinging out such gracious terms as jihadists, terrorists, arsonists, and other assorted garbage.

They are just saying what we are all thinking...saying "WE REFUSE TO NEGOTIATE and we're going to intentionally make this shutdown as painful for the American people as humanly possible...just like the Sequester!!!" is stupidity to the extreme.

You would think the a President as intelligent as the Left continually claims would LEARN from his mistakes.

Trying to make the Sequester cuts as painful as possible for the Americans he was elected to represent was IDIOTIC.

To pursue the same strategy of INTENTIONALLY going out of his way to AGAIN make the shutdown as painful as possible after that same strategy was exposed, ridiculed and failed miserably...that is a sign of extreme stupidity or mental instability.

We all understand why Obama and the Democrat came out with their "We will not negotiate" stance.

Obama got his ass handed to him over Syria...every media outlet that isn't in his pocket reporting how weak he was.

He thought this tactic would make him look strong.

And now he won't back away from it, because then he looks weak AGAIN...and he can't have that.

He's between a rock and a hard place now...he looks like an ass if he refuses to negotiate, and he looks weak if he agrees to negotiate.

Amateur hour in the Oval Office...this is what you get.

Prolly shouldn't even be talking to him about it. It's really that stupid. And I'd be the first to call it if there was any bullshit to Paul's comments.

Shouldn't be talking to me about it? Why?

Forum List

Back