Rahm Immanuel announces intent to break law

I agree Rahm should hire American citizens first, but what law is he breaking, exactly?

You have got to be fucking kidding me, even you can't be ignorant of the fact that federal law makes it illegal to ask people about their immigration status before you offer them a job, it is discrimination. On top of that, it is illegal to employ anyone who cannot provide proof that they are legally eligible to work in this country. I can cover both of those with a single link, just so you don't get confused.

Pre-Employment Inquiries and Citizenship

Interesting opinions from a guy who doesn't think there should be any laws.

Read my signature again, I totally believe you should set up all the laws you need. Since Rahm Immanuel is one of the biggest proponents of federal law over state law I get to point out his hypocrisy when he announces his intent to ignore federal law in favor of screwing over the young, black, males that the Democrats claim to care about.

Get the point, idiot?

I honestly do not get how the fuck he thinks he can get away with this.

Mayor Rahm Emanuel announced today that the City is, for the first time, opening up nearly 23,000 City-funded internship, volunteer, and job opportunities for undocumented students, or “DREAMers.”
“Chicago is a city that was built by immigrants and I am committed to ensuring that DREAMers have the same opportunities offered by the City to all of Chicago’s youth,” said Mayor Emanuel. “We will open our doors to support talented young people who are committed to their education, building their job skills, and bettering their communities.”
The City will begin accepting applications immediately for approximately 500 City internships, volunteer, and job opportunities offered year-round, 30 Mayor’s Office Fellowships, as well as more than 22,000 opportunities to participate in summer jobs, internships and job training programs offered through the One Summer Chicago program.
“DREAMers and DACA recipients are assets that we need to nurture and develop like precious natural resources for the benefit of the entire community,” said Congressman Luis V. Gutiérrez (IL-04). “They are an integral part of Chicago’s workforce of tomorrow. Once again, the City of Chicago and Mayor Rahm Emanuel are leading the way on the inclusion of our immigrant communities.”

City of Chicago :: Mayor Emanuel Announces Internships And Job Opportunities For DREAMer Students

Would it be racist for me to point out that unemployment among black males, who are actually legally eligible for these jobs, is 92%?

New study finds 92 percent of black male teens are unemployed - Chicago News and Weather | FOX 32 News

The only good thing I see in Rahm's illegal activity is that it could very well draw all the illegals out of Denver and towards Chicago. I'll hope and pray. Chicago's already crap so Rahm may as well put the final nails in the coffin.

Last edited:
This is interesting Quantum. A mayor has decided what is best for his community, and then you come stomping in, complaining he is breaking federal law.

Are you sure you are a conservative? Conservatives believe states have rights.

First of all, how is hiring Hispanics over Blacks, who have a higher unemployment, part of "what's best for the community"?

Second, Chicago isn't a state (although there are times when we Downstaters wish it would break off into it's own state so the city would stop sucking off our tax dollars).

Forum List

Back