R.E.M. slams ‘orange clown’ Trump and Ted Cruz

Sallow

The Big Bad Wolf.
Oct 4, 2010
New York City
Maybe they should have asked permission?

Rock band R.E.M. lashed out at Donald Trump and Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) on Wednesday after Trump took the stage at a rally in Washington D.C. to the tune of one of their best-known songs.

“Go f*ck yourselves, the lot of you — you sad, attention-grabbing, power-hungry little men,” lead singer Michael Stipe said in a statement to The Daily Beast. “Do not use our music or my voice for your moronic charade of a campaign.”

R.E.M. slams ‘orange clown’ Trump and Ted Cruz: ‘Go f*ck yourselves’ for using our song at your rally

I'm pretty sure Trump would take exception if anyone started using the Trump logo to push themselves.

LOL Survivor and REM haven't been relevant in a couple of decades and even then they were not in the political arena

Doesn't matter if they are "relevant" or not. You cannot use intellectual property without permission. There are a slew of laws that cover that.

That is going to have as much impact town that campaign as a drunk psychic pig

I'm pretty sure Trump would take exception if anyone started using the Trump logo to push themselves.

A logo and a song are two different things

Does REM only let Progressive station play their songs?

Doesn't matter if they are "relevant" or not. You cannot use intellectual property without permission. There are a slew of laws that cover that.

and for some reason, we hear about it every election, when someone uses a tune they dont' have permissions to use.

and just like every time it happened in the past....

YAWWWWNNNNNN

It reminds me of Rage Against the Machine, the Marxist aholes, they hate free enterprise, they hate rich, greedy people but if you illegally download their song or link to their video, they'll kill you for stealing from them.

"It's the end of the world" is a perfect song to describe Obama's foreign policy

LOL Survivor and REM haven't been relevant in a couple of decades and even then they were not in the political arena

And yet Trump and Cruz chose that music to generate excitement for their campaigns. I guess you are wrong again.

Forum List

Back