Quick Sunday Evening Poll...

AVG-JOE

American Mutt
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2008
Your Imagination
Do you cook in plastic in the microwave?

Personally? I don't. Not even in "microwave safe" plastic.

And on the rare instance when I eat a microwave dinner, I remove all plastic before cooking, even to the point of dumping the food on to a glass plate if the tray is not paper.

No... this time you don't need to wait for me to type up a real poll - it's a simple yes or no question, just post your feeeeeeeelings.

☭proletarian☭;1805465 said:
I wish I had money for a microwave...

Have you been good this year?

Just remember to avoid plastic, if Santa hooks you up!​

Don't use a microwave, the food always tates crappy and they eat electricity like crazy running up huge bills.

The only thing I use a microwave for is to soften butter. My wife uses it to pop popcorn and melt butter for the afore mentioned popcorn.

I just hold my food over a lighter, it saves energy and gives a somewhat nutty flavor to everything.

I found it interesting that one of my animals loves eggs but will not touch them if they've been cooked in the microwave. I took that as a clue to limit my microwave use.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paJshg5lHuA[/ame]

I use a lot of plastic to store food in the refrigerator and freezer, but I only microwave in plastic containers specifically made for microwaving. That the plastic is somehow toxic is an urban legend--type Snopes Plastic Microwave into your browser--but because light plastic could melt in the microwave, I just prefer not to eat the stuff. It has no flavor and salt doesn't fix it.

I will reheat food briefly on a styrofoam plate or plastic plate in a pinch or even a bieroch in a plastic sandwich bag for a few seconds, but only for a very few seconds.

Forum List

Back