Questions for the muslims on the board

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by actsnoblemartin, Apr 11, 2010.

1. actsnoblemartin

actsnoblemartin I love Andrea & April

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +407
    I'm confused, why does the islamic community seem to vehemently dislike israel so much?

I mean, the muslim world has 57 countries, how come the jews cant have one

second, why does the quran have some verses, that arent very nice, almost seem down right hateful

and finally, what is islam about??

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Tom Clancy

Tom Clancy Clancy for Ron Paul

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +585
    Muslims see the Jews as a Disease, actually more like an Abomination... (Most Muslims)

As I stated before, They think giving Israel about 0.5 of the Middle East is too much..

They don't want to negotiate, if they did, there would be a resolution..

And even if there was a so-called "Resolution" Hamas would continue firing Qassam Rockets into Israel..

This isn't about Land, or Peace.. This is about the Hatred and people wanting the Jews dead.

Sad really..

--

Quran, has some nice verses and some downright hateful ones..

Mostly, showing that a Woman isn't anything but an Object, the whole Jihad way of life, and all those Hate Messages it contains..

And like I said.. The Quran has some very nice verses..

--

Ask a Muslim..

3. Kalam

Kalam Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +773
    Rather than attempting to assimilate without causing a complete social upheaval, Jewish immigrants flocked to Palestine and imposed their customs and laws on Muslims. Israel continues to slaughter and oppress Muslims with relative impunity. Resisting oppression is a duty incumbent on every Muslim of sound body and mind, so the state of Israel will be fought until it abandons its ideology of ethnic supremacism or until it's overthrown completely.

Try forming one where a non-Jewish population doesn't already exist...

Examples?

"As a religion, Islam stands for complete submission and obedience to Allah. Everyone can see that we live in an orderly universe, where everything is assigned a place in a grand scheme. The moon, the stars and all the heavenly bodies are knit together in a magnificent system. They follow unalterable laws and make not even the slightest deviation from their ordained courses. Similarly, everything in the world, from the minute whirling electron to the mighty nebula, invariably follows its own laws. Matter, energy and life - all obey their laws and grow and change and live and die in accordance with those laws. Even in the human world the laws of nature are paramount. Man¬ís birth, growth and life are all regulated by a set of biological laws. He derives sustenance from nature in accordance with an unalterable law. All the organs of his body, from the smallest tissues to the heart and the brain, are governed by the laws prescribed for them. In short, ours is a law-governed universe and everything in it is following the course that has been ordained for it. This powerful, all-pervasive law, which governs all that comprises the universe, from the tiniest specks of dust to the magnificent galaxies of the heavens, is the law of God, the Creator and Ruler of the universe. As the whole of creation obeys the law of God, the whole universe, therefore, literally follows the religion of Islam - for Islam signifies nothing but obedience and submission to Allah, the Lord of the Universe."​

- Abul A'la Maududi, Towards Understanding Islam

4. Si modo

Si modo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,701
    Israel is a sovereign country and Israelis can do with it as they see fit.

5. JW Frogen

JW Frogen Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,206
    And who was there first, and and Islam got to Palestine how?

I thought you hated imperialism?

6. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    Expecting that the state of Israel should come back into being with no blood on their hands is sort of silly when you look at it through the eyes of a historian.

What nation on earth would have the right to exist if we demanded that of them?

None. Certainly not the USA, as but one example.

I don't think that the Jews control Israel because "God gave this land to me", I think Israel exists for the same damned reason every othernation exists...

...because the current occupants took it from the previous occupants.

PROPERTY IS THEFT

That is as true today for every nation that exists as it ever was.

7. Dr Gregg

Dr Gregg BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +200
    probably because its a very holy city for not just Jews, but Muslims and Christians as well.

The bible has plenty of not very nice, violent and hateful verses also. So does Judaism.

The violence has more to do with being ruled by corruptions and having economical hardship, and these leaders for decades spreading anti-West propaganda and raising generations of kids that grow up to feel they are being wronged by the West. Islam is just used to justify the violence and rally the masses to think they have a religious duty to hate the West, as misguided as it is

8. Dr Gregg

Dr Gregg BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +200
    Yeah, but they had no right to get the country in the first place IMO. Huge mistake after WWII, which frankly history may repeat itself with. The actions of WWI against the Germans lead to the rise of Hitler and WWII. Seems the actions of WWII may lead to WWIII. Hopefully not, but lots of tension caused by it

9. Dr Gregg

Dr Gregg BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +200
    Here's a comment from GHOok that I got for this post
    Gotta laugh at a shining example of a forum idiot that can't actually argue their opinion, just attack others, all while putting forth absolutely no reason why what I said was wrong. Way to go GHook, impressive a child born from two retarded parents has the ability to type and use the internet:clap2:

10. Baruch Menachem

Baruch Menachem '

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,305
    As far as I can figure the argument, Israel is the last colonial outpost from 19th century colonialism. It is a European anachronism grafted into the middle east. That the folks who live there are rejected by Europeans is irrelevant, as it has a European style social order, government, and even sees itself more as part of Europe than the levant.

It is as if the US set up a colony in China and sent all the Indians there.

I am not endorsing the argument, I am just presenting it as the most coherent one I have heard.

Palestine before the Jews moved in was one of the worst managed and governed piece of real estate on earth. Its total population was tiny. Jerusalem was one of the biggest towns, and it had 10,000 in it. All there was before the Jews was scorpions, cactus and rocks. You can read contemporary accounts of the place over the years in many places.

The Muslims believe that Israel is a colony. It does not belong there. Whatever sins of the Europeans, Islam should not be afflicted by European wrongs.

As to point three, there are lots of place in the both the New and Old testiments that make modern people very uncomfortable. The story of lot and his daughters, the story of what happened to the tribe of Benjamin, the whole deal with Leviticus, how Joshua waged war, the book of Revelations, etc etc.

That said, a lot of the Koran makes the objective observer shudder. Even one inured to some of the problematic features of other 'holy' books.

Islam is about submission to the will of Gd. The word comes from the Arabic verb to Submit. It is also about return to first cases. Over time, religion becomes encrusted with hierarchy and rote practice. Islam is about maintaining fervor and submission to Gd's orders. You do what is demanded, there are lots of rewards. (Islam doesn't worry much about Hell. No where to the degree that Christianity does) The continued refrain throughout the Koran is Gd's infinite mercy and compassion.

Islam regards Judaism and Christianity as perversions of Gd's message. The essential message does not change, but things happen to break the message. Both Judaism and Islam have serious problems with the concept of the Virgin Birth, both sides considering it blasphemous, but the Muslims are a bit more hot under the collar about it. (Jews tend to get more insulted about the concept of Easter, but they don't make that big a deal of it, as the actual practice of Easter is not the theory of Easter) So Islam considers itself the redemption of religion from bad practice.

The moral code of Islam at best seems a parody of good sense, in my opinion. They excuse the inexcusable, and allow all kinds of grand sins, but go bat crazy over minor stuff. Islam allows cheating strangers, but makes women wear weird clothes to preserve virtue. But also allows marriage for definite terms, as little as an hour.
    More so than Christianity, Islam is more about outward form rather than inward behavior. As long as you do the prayers, submit to the rules, what you do to your neighbor is irrelevant.