Question on Racial Profiling Muslims

Well... That depends on where you draw the line when it comes to what a terrorist is. Ireland had MAJOR issues with terrorism and none of them where Muslim. Oklahoma City wasn't done by Muslim. The Olympic bomber wasn't Muslim. I can go on and on.

I know its contreversial and politically correct to say this, but I think profiling muslims, and middle eastern looking people is acceptible, if blond hair blue eyed germans were doing this, or white jews, then we should profiling according to what it is, the truth, and stop being afraid of offending people.

We cant cower in fear, of pressure groups, who in my opinion are not on the side of america.

Do we really want to put, patting ourselves on the back for how morally superior we are (for not offending people) for being a polite civil society at war, while our enemy slits out throat, and we serve them tea?

No the libs are patting themselves on the back for how morally superior they are - as the terrorists laugh their asses off

percentage wise, the worlds terrorism is being done by muslims, in the vast majority.

Well... That depends on where you draw the line when it comes to what a terrorist is. Ireland had MAJOR issues with terrorism and none of them where Muslim. Oklahoma City wasn't done by Muslim. The Olympic bomber wasn't Muslim. I can go on and on.

They wrote the book

Attachments

• $bagdad_bob_large.gif
    $bagdad_bob_large.gif
    13.1 KB · Views: 67
  • $At the Arch.jpg
    $At the Arch.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 52
What about the IRA and its various splinter groups? And what about the fund-raising groups in the US - primarily in the North-East I think - that supported them?

Yes, even the most violent of those splinter groups of the IRA, like ETA in Spain, gave/give notice prior to bombing to get as many 'out of the way' as possible. That's one difference, though they too were/are terrorists also as far as tactics go.

Yes, even the most violent of those splinter groups of the IRA, like ETA in Spain, gave/give notice prior to bombing to get as many 'out of the way' as possible. That's one difference, though they too were/are terrorists also as far as tactics go.

True enough on the difference. But I was just trying to point out that terrorists come from many places (and I don't just mean "places" in the geographical sense).

True enough on the difference. But I was just trying to point out that terrorists come from many places (and I don't just mean "places" in the geographical sense).

I understand WHAT you are saying, but the relativity escapes me. For the simple reason that even with major terror groups of the ilk of IRA/ETA/ELF they have worked to avoid civilian casualties.

Tim McVeigh was either part of the small group arrested, who got very lucky with OKC or a stooge for government sponsored terror, that never came out.

RSR made a point that "all the terrorist have been Muslims". To be a valid claim it needs to be more specific. If the claim was, "all the terrorists involved in the various 9/11 atrocities were Muslims", then that's a valid claim in truth terms. But if RSR meant that all terrorists are/were Muslims then it's not valid.

RSR made a point that "all the terrorist have been Muslims". To be a valid claim it needs to be more specific. If the claim was, "all the terrorists involved in the various 9/11 atrocities were Muslims", then that's a valid claim in truth terms. But if RSR meant that all terrorists are/were Muslims then it's not valid.

Perhaps RSR made a mistake? :shock: Profiling will never be correct 100% of the time, not even 50% or 5% of time, nor probably even 2% of time. However, it should be done at borders and other points of entry. Truth is, the chances of identifying a extremists most definately would go up using male, 20-40 years of age, Muslim. That would NOT mean strip searching or even pulling all that fall within that range out for questioning, etc. It does mean that those that fit those parameters would be eyeballed closely for stress, etc.

Even with those types of safeguards would some be unfairly searched/questioned? Sure, some would be nervous just going through customs, some 'screeners' might misread. Then again, if the one in 30k were 'caught' that might be the one that is needed to prevent something worse. I wouldn't feel differently if I fell into the profiled group.

Right now, we are 'all' being yanked willy, nilly out when we are at airports, etc. I've gotten SSSSSSSSS on two plane tickets now, causing over 40 minutes of extra security. Now that's truly unfair, without any increase in security.

Forum List

Back