question about sneaking.

There is a board I want to take a peek at. Can I be seen by admins if I go incognito via a new window on Google Chrome?
(No, this is not pertaining to any spin offs of USMB. Different galaxy).

Being "invisible" is only "invisible" to other posters. Admin and mods can see you sneaking precious.

I know, syrenn. I was just wondering if someone that is banned, is not logged in, can still be "tracked" to be the person banned.
I havent been there in about 6 months, give or take. Gave up when I just went to browse but i kept getting the YOU ARE BANNED.
Then I switched to another browser and got to see. Not there is much to look at, but I was bored.

Clear your cookies and cache. My guess is that they did not bother to ban your IP address, they just banned you username. Admins on most boards do not ban the IP unless someone really annoys them, or they create another account and cause more problems.

There is a board I want to take a peek at. Can I be seen by admins if I go incognito via a new window on Google Chrome?
(No, this is not pertaining to any spin offs of USMB. Different galaxy).

Being "invisible" is only "invisible" to other posters. Admin and mods can see you sneaking precious.

I know, syrenn. I was just wondering if someone that is banned, is not logged in, can still be "tracked" to be the person banned.
I havent been there in about 6 months, give or take. Gave up when I just went to browse but i kept getting the YOU ARE BANNED.
Then I switched to another browser and got to see. Not there is much to look at, but I was bored.

Ah, I think that your browser saved the login cookie for that site and when you went to the site using that browser, you tried to login (because of the saved cookie in that browser). By logging in, the forum tells you that you are banned. When you switched to another browser, it didn't have the login cookie, so you coould view it as any public viewer who is not a member.

Last edited:
Its just another board I am banned at. Yes, me. Miss sweetness and light. Banned. Can ya believe it? Im shocked, I tell ya. Shocked.
But...I wanted to go take a peek and I went via incognito. Before, it said BANNED.
I tried thru IE. When I went via AOL, I got in. When I went incognito via chrome, I got in too. But I didnt know if they could see me looking even though they banned my ip.

You've been a bad bad girl Grace!

Forum List

Back