Question about previous owners

Should the administrators put up a timeline/bio of USMB?

• Yes

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't care

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Make Kittenkoder do it. HAZE HER LIKE A FRAT BOY!

AFTER THAT you are sitting on an ice block until you melt all the way through it, koder! you and your little mac too!

Only if you don't want to understand it well ... I make no excuses, I am not that good at wording, spelling, or even grammar ... it would look like a 2 year old typed it.

I could do the software ... but then that really isn't much work in something like that ...

I would like to thank all new owers who have come and gone for keeping Merlin1047's ribbon on the banner. I honestly still miss him and have yet to encounter another poster like him. RIP.

I would like to thank all new owners who have come and gone for keeping Merlin1047's ribbon on the banner. I honestly still miss him and have yet to encounter another poster like him. RIP.

That's sweet Said1. I remember when I was fairly new, asking about the ribbon and what it meant.

Gunny's response actually brought tears to my eyes. He seemed like a great man.

I would like to thank all new owners who have come and gone for keeping Merlin1047's ribbon on the banner. I honestly still miss him and have yet to encounter another poster like him. RIP.

That's sweet Said1. I remember when I was fairly new, asking about the ribbon and what it meant.

Actually, Gunny reminds me a little of Merlin, although no one had a way with words like he did. His Canadian jokes remain unmatched!

http://www.usmessageboard.com/295546-post21.html

Maybe we should have a truth and reconciliation commission as well. Are there any active posters on here who used to be active members of one of the older, repressive regimes?

You have your history wrong, ST, and as I suspected, you want to do some namecalling.

The fact is, Jim was successful as owner of this board, like him or his politics or not. The second owner is the one that was repressive and almost destroyed this board in 2 weeks. After he sold the board to the third owner, he just left me alone with it. The leadership and staff have been constant since that time. Scott (the third owner) held a vote/poll and I was chose as a moderator by the members to replace Avatar. When he bumped me to admin since he was never on the board, I chose jillian as a mod and we have been the two constants on the staff since that time.

Nothing has changed through the last 4 owners except the technical support and advertising and adding moderators as the number of members and posts have increased.

Only a few of us are left from when Jim owned the board. Most went with him.

Maybe we should have a truth and reconciliation commission as well. Are there any active posters on here who used to be active members of one of the older, repressive regimes?

You have your history wrong, ST, and as I suspected, you want to do some namecalling.

The fact is, Jim was successful as owner of this board, like him or his politics or not. The second owner is the one that was repressive and almost destroyed this board in 2 weeks. After he sold the board to the third owner, he just left me alone with it. The leadership and staff have been constant since that time. Scott (the third owner) held a vote/poll and I was chose as a moderator by the members to replace Avatar. When he bumped me to admin since he was never on the board, I chose jillian as a mod and we have been the two constants on the staff since that time.

Nothing has changed through the last 4 owners except the technical support and advertising and adding moderators as the number of members and posts have increased.

that is how i remember it.....

Actually, Gunny reminds me a little of Merlin, although no one had a way with words like he did. His Canadian jokes remain unmatched!

Wow. I think that's probably the nicest compliment anyone has ever paid me on a message board.

Wow. I think that's probably the nicest compliment anyone has ever paid me on a message board.

Just don't let it go to your head! :lol:

I'll do it right now.

Before manifold - USMB totally sucked balls

After manifold - USMB is the place to be

Any questions? :cool:

Some went 'with' Jim, some went 'with' the times. Gunny, you did both. To get a feel of Merlin1047, check out this:

US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum - Search Results

It's incomplete because of culling and the different owners, but there's a 'touch.'

Close. I stayed here until the issue of staff reading PMs came up. I didn't like the answers so I left. When Scott bought the board, he came over to DP and Jim let his do his selljob and I came back to give it a chance. When I got into it with a couple of the more moronic posters at DP who didn't know where to draw the line pushing people and Jim wouldn't reign them in, I quit posting there.

I have no problem with Jim. As I stated, he was a successful owner here, and at the time I quit posting at DP, it was successful. We just don't do things the same way.

The 2nd owner wasn't the one who booted me because OCA told him to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back