Question about election results in the press

xyz

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2016
I've noticed that almost every news outlet differs, not one has exactly the same results.

The question is: are they reporting the results based on exit polls, or actually counted votes?

I do remember a discussion about this in the 1980s/early 1990s, that the media didn't actually put out the official results (counted votes) at all.

I've noticed that almost every news outlet differs, not one has exactly the same results.

The question is: are they reporting the results based on exit polls, or actually counted votes?

I do remember a discussion about this in the 1980s/early 1990s, that the media didn't actually put out the official results (counted votes) at all.
obama-cries.png

Associated Press, Fox, and PBS have all called it for Trump.

Too bad we can't get BBC to chime in too.

The American BREXIT has now begun.

I asked a legitimate question. You guys are unable to give an answer even if the votes have been counted today or will be all counted in a week.

I am not asking about the press.

As the evening progressed, the projections turned from exit polls to actual vote counts. What you are seeing now are actual tallies as they come in. The difference most likely are how up to date the counts each outlet are broadcasting.

As the evening progressed, the projections turned from exit polls to actual vote counts. What you are seeing now are actual tallies as they come in. The difference most likely are how up to date the counts each outlet are broadcasting.
I have not found any proof of your statement, and even today I have not found any news outlet that has reported on the final results.

Furthermore, the only places I noticed that have actual results are official state and county sites, and out of the ones I've looked at today, they all have unofficial results posted. Not saying that none have actually finished counting the votes, but none of the ones I looked at have.

Forum List

Back