"Quantum Earth" series, by Dennis E. Taylor

fncceo

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2016
Dennis E. Taylor has cemented his reputation with the first four books of the "Bobiverse" series, about a 21st Century computer programmer who, through no fault of his own, becomes the sentient AI for a 23rd Century space probe and, by doing so, embarks on many epic adventures, guiding an emerging civilization, saving Earth, defeating the biggest threat our galaxy had ever known, and finding the perfect cup of coffee.

Mr. Taylor's next series (although "Bobiverse" allegedly has at least on more book in the works) is "Quantum Earth". The first book, "Outland" follows a group of engineering students who discover inter-dimensional portal technology and can travel to a limited number of alternative Earth timeline. They immediately use it to get rich quick by mining for gold on a alternative Earth where humans were wiped out by a global catastrophe before North America was peopled. However, the quickly have to use the technology to save a handful of survivors (mostly college students) from a global catastrophe on their own Earth.

The second book, "Earthside" deals with their new colony of humans on an alternate timeline trying to survive and build a new civilization there ... while always short of coffee.

All of Mr. Taylor's books are fast-paced, exciting, full of speculative physics and pop culture references.

In the latest book "Earthside", which I just finished an hour ago, also deals with our current mania of fractional politics and the tendency of some to place dogma and party allegiances over their very own survival.

I highly recommend anything Mr. Taylor has written to anyone with a taste for smart, funny, and even a little quirky Sci Fi, that is also relevant to our own lives.

71VJ5Ix5KJL._AC_UF700,800_QL80_.jpg

The "Bobs" is a great brain candy series.
Sci-Fi purest hate series like this because the "Sci-Comedy" books are taking over the genre.
I enjoy both.

I would also recommend the "Hardluck Hank" Series. Whereas the "Bobs" is probably 70/30 (70% Sci-Fi, 30% comedy) The Hank series is more like 20/80. Pure funny,

18694092.jpg

Forum List

Back