Putin may be calling Trump on the carpet, requesting sit down in Moscow

looks fishy, but Putin can't sit Trump down in secret, too risky

Putin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said Friday that Putin and Trump should “meet each other and exchange views” in order to boost the relationship between the two nations, in an interview with ABC’s “This Week” with George Stephanopoulos.

Kremlin spokesman suggests meeting between Trump, Putin

President Obama: "On all these issues, but particularly missile defense, this, this can be solved but it’s important for him to give me space."

President Medvedev: "Yeah, I understand. I understand your message about space. Space for you…"

President Obama: "This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility."

President Medvedev: "I understand. I will transmit this information to Vladimir, and I stand with you."

Putin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said Friday that Putin and Trump should “meet each other and exchange views” in order to boost the relationship between the two nations, in an interview with ABC’s “This Week” with George Stephanopoulos.

President Obama: "On all these issues, but particularly missile defense, this, this can be solved but it’s important for him to give me space."

President Medvedev: "Yeah, I understand. I understand your message about space. Space for you…"

President Obama: "This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility."

President Medvedev: "I understand. I will transmit this information to Vladimir, and I stand with you."

Ever consider that he was telling them that the thing they were taling about (missiles), was something that took more than just a month or two to get done?

He was saying that he needed more time for the issue at hand and couldn't talk about it then because he didn't know if he was going to win the election or not, and didn't want to promise something he couldn't keep.
how would more time give him more flexibility?

Well, when it comes to things like moving missiles around and re deploying troops abroad, that is stuff that takes a lot of time, a minimum of two to three months, probably more like six. And, if that is what Russia was asking about, if he's only a month or two out from the election, he would have to tell them that he's got to wait until after the election, because he doesn't know if he's gonna win, and to start negotiations that could be overturned by a new president would be useless.

Sorry, doesn't explain the word flexibility

Ever consider that he was telling them that the thing they were taling about (missiles), was something that took more than just a month or two to get done?

He was saying that he needed more time for the issue at hand and couldn't talk about it then because he didn't know if he was going to win the election or not, and didn't want to promise something he couldn't keep.
how would more time give him more flexibility?

Well, when it comes to things like moving missiles around and re deploying troops abroad, that is stuff that takes a lot of time, a minimum of two to three months, probably more like six. And, if that is what Russia was asking about, if he's only a month or two out from the election, he would have to tell them that he's got to wait until after the election, because he doesn't know if he's gonna win, and to start negotiations that could be overturned by a new president would be useless.

Sorry, doesn't explain the word flexibility
Meaning he had four more years to push an agenda.

Forum List

Back