Puppy "put to sleep" survives; now sought-after

Shadow

Silver Member
Aug 16, 2008
Land Of Enchantment
(AP) OKLAHOMA CITY - Hundreds of people from the United States and Canada want to adopt an Oklahoma dog that survived an attempt to euthanize it.

The puppy was one of five stray dogs that Sulphur animal control officer Scott Prall put to sleep Friday — or so he thought. Prall found one of the dogs alive Saturday in a trash bin set aside for dead animals and took it to veterinarian technician Amanda Kloski.

Puppy "put to sleep" survives; now sought-after - The Early Show - CBS News

• Banned
Ugh.

Unbelievable we can't figure out a way not to put healthy dogs down in this country.

It's very sad. For awhile I fostered dogs for the pet rescue. We would go to the pound a few times a week. Rescue pound dogs...get them groomed and healthy. Then try to get them adopted through adoption clinics at pet stores. You would'nt believe how many get turned down by people who just want a perfect pet. We would hear all kinds of picky reasons they weren't wanted. Too fat...too old...too hyper...to quiet...won't play. I think I've heard them all. Probably why these dogs end up in the shelters in the first place.

Ugh.

Unbelievable we can't figure out a way not to put healthy dogs down in this country.

It's very sad. For awhile I fostered dogs for the pet rescue. We would go to the pound a few times a week. Rescue pound dogs...get them groomed and healthy. Then try to get them adopted through adoption clinics at pet stores. You would'nt believe how many get turned down by people who just want a perfect pet. We would hear all kinds of picky reasons they weren't wanted. Too fat...too old...too hyper...to quiet...won't play. I think I've heard them all. Probably why these dogs end up in the shelters in the first place.

The dog I have now has bitten me a few times, destroyed several couches and is pretty hyper. I love him to pieces. Wouldn't trade him for the world.

And he was a rescue.

• Banned
Ugh.

The dog I have now has bitten me a few times, destroyed several couches and is pretty hyper. I love him to pieces. Wouldn't trade him for the world.

And he was a rescue.

Both of my dogs are rescues also...dogs that we couldn't adopt out for one reason or another. One because she has two extra toes on both back feet that people thought was "gross". The other because he doesn't warm up to people real well. I think they are pretty great...loving and good foot warmers too. :)

Rescue dogs are the best.

I read a quote this week that I liked...I even hung it up at my desk at work.

"Money can buy a great dog...but only love can make his tail wag."

Last edited:

And he was a rescue.

Both of my dogs are rescues also...dogs that we couldn't adopt out for one reason or another. One because she has two extra toes on both back feet that people thought was "gross". The other because he doesn't warm up to people real well. I think they are pretty great...loving and good foot warmers too. :)

Rescue dogs are the best.

I read a quote this week that I liked...I even hung it up at my desk at work.

"Money can buy a great dog...but only love can make his tail wag."

Its a great story. Just too bad the puppy couldn't have been adopted before he was killed.

I have 4 dogs. Three are pound puppies and the other is a rescue. Greatest dogs on the planet.

Forum List

Back