Puerto Rico may have the right idea calling on Musk..........

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
Seems that there may be a possibility of Elan Musk rebuilding the power grid of Puerto Rico. If he does that, and builds it with solar power, he can help their economy GREATLY because they would no longer have to ship in coal and diesel for their electricity. Musk says that although he's done it for smaller islands, there is no scalability limit, so he could build one that can power the whole island.

Sounds like a great idea. And, if he can show success with PR like he has with the other places he's built, this could usher in solar and green energy sources. Now, if he could just figure out how to bury the power lines, they might have a fighting chance against the next storm.

Puerto Rico governor says ‘Let’s talk’ after Elon Musk offers to solve the island’s power crisis

Puerto Rico’s power grid has been practically demolished in the wake of hurricane Maria. It now has a once in a lifetime opportunity to rebuild and the island’s governor Ricardo Rossello wants to have a chat with Elon Musk about his recent offer to use Tesla batteries and solar power for the the job.

Only 10 percent of the island has power at the moment and, according to the Puerto Rico state-owned electric company, some communities won’t be able to turn the lights back on for four to six months.

Musk tweeted yesterday he could be the one to rebuild Puerto Rico’s electricity system using independent batteries and solar power.

“The Tesla team has done this for many smaller islands around the world but there is no scalability limit, so it can be done for Puerto Rico too,” Musk wrote back.

And.............if Musk can do this with a reasonable budget and make money off of this, it may set the model for future power generation.

Conservatives will still bitch about it though, because it's "hippie green energy".

And.............if Musk can do this with a reasonable budget and make money off of this, it may set the model for future power generation.

Conservatives will still bitch about it though, because it's "hippie green energy".

Why would we? PR and the other islands needing to start completely over need a new take on energy requirements.And back up during weather related disasters.

Why would we? PR and the other islands needing to start completely over need a new take on energy requirements.And back up during weather related disasters.

Well, considering that Musk has already done it for an island country and been successful, I think that doing the same for PR could only be a good thing. And, they are down close to the equator where there is plenty of sunshine, so solar sounds like a viable solution.

And, considering the fact that their entire power grid needs rebuilt, I'd say that starting from scratch would be the way to go.

Besides....................Musk could probably get their power grid up and running good within 6 months or so I bet.

Great idea ...

Very bright future for Puerto Rico ...

could_this_workout_motivation_always_needed_lifesum.jpg

I think it's an awesome idea!

However, watch the Lefturds and unions fight it tooth and nail.

Well, considering that Musk has already done it for an island country and been successful, I think that doing the same for PR could only be a good thing. And, they are down close to the equator where there is plenty of sunshine, so solar sounds like a viable solution.

And, considering the fact that their entire power grid needs rebuilt, I'd say that starting from scratch would be the way to go.

Besides....................Musk could probably get their power grid up and running good within 6 months or so I bet.

But why insult us that we wouldnt beleive in this

I think it's an awesome idea!

However, watch the Lefturds and unions fight it tooth and nail.

Those aren't the ones who are against green energy. Most conservatives will tell you that solar and wind power are too expensive so that is why we should keep on with gas and coal.

I hope that PR goes through with this, and I hope it works out beautifully, because then, people would have no choice but to seriously consider green energy.

Forum List

Back