Prosecutor: Levy 'random victim' of Salvadoran laborer

CrimsonWhite

*****istrator Emeritus
Mar 13, 2006
Guntucky
Sure am glad that we blamed the Congressman and ran his ass out of office. Witchunts are always a good idea.

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Nearly seven years after the remains of federal intern Chandra Levy were found in a Washington park, a jailed laborer from El Salvador faces a murder charge in her death, authorities said Tuesday.

A judge on Tuesday signed an arrest warrant for Ingmar Guandique, 27, who is serving a 10-year sentence for two assaults in Rock Creek Park that occurred around the time of Levy's disappearance.

Her remains were found in Rock Creek Park about a year after she was reported missing.

"We believe Levy was a random victim of Guandique, who attacked and killed her as she jogged in Rock Creek Park," said Jeffrey Taylor, U.S. attorney for the District of Columbia.

Guandique's public defenders said the case was far from over, and urged the public not to jump to conclusions.

"This flawed investigation, characterized by the many mistakes and missteps of the Metropolitan Police Department and every federal agency that has attempted to solve this case, will not end with the simple issuance of an arrest warrant against Mr. Guandique," the federal public defender's office said in a statement ... We look forward to trying this case before unbiased jurors who will not rush to judgment."

Prosecutor: Levy 'random victim' of Salvadoran laborer - CNN.com

I wonder if ole' Gary is going to hire a lawyer. There were more than one or two news sources that already declared him guilty.

I remember back then thinking that he was probably the only one in the country somewhat relieved when 9/11 happened. Not happy mind you. Just a bit relieved.

What I always remember about this is it was the lead story on 9/10/2001 and was forgotten because of what happened the next day.

I wonder if ole' Gary is going to hire a lawyer. There were more than one or two news sources that already declared him guilty.

I remember back then thinking that he was probably the only one in the country somewhat relieved when 9/11 happened. Not happy mind you. Just a bit relieved.

Statute of limitations has run out libel, but If I were him, I would be on every morning show in the world screaming at the top of my lungs.

Statute of limitations has run out libel, but If I were him, I would be on every morning show in the world screaming at the top of my lungs.
I'm from California and was there when it happened. Gary Condit(D) wasn't run out of town because people thought he murdered that girl. Gary Condit(D) was run out of town because he stonewalled the investigation. She was an intern at his office and he was more concerned that people should find out about his affair than this girl be returned safely.
When all the info came out later, it was obvious to everyone that Gary Condit(D) was more concerned for himself than of Chandra Levy and voted accordingly.

THAT, is why he was run out of town.

Forum List

Back