Prosecutor In Eric Garner Case Considering Run For Congress

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
WASHINGTON -- Staten Island District Attorney Daniel Donovan, who gained national attention for failing to bring an indictment against the police officer who killed Eric Garner, said Tuesday he is "very seriously considering" running for Congress.

Donovan's statement came after Rep. Michael Grimm (R-N.Y.) announced Monday he would resign from Congress,effective Jan. 5. The congressman recently pleaded guilty to one count of felony tax fraud.

“Last night and this morning, with the announcement that a vacancy will exist, my phone has been ringing off the hook,” Donovan said in a statement reported by the New York Observer. “I am deeply flattered by the enthusiastic expressions of support I have received over the last 12 hours, and I am very seriously considering the race. I will make an announcement after the due deliberation such an important decision deserves.”

The Observer also reported that Donovan is favored by the borough's "Republican machine" to replace Grimm.

More: Prosecutor Who Failed To Indict Eric Garner Killer Seriously Considering Run For Congress

Sooo, the "Republican machine" favors Donovan. Donovan apparently thinks Eric Garner is his ticket to the big leagues. Why am I not surprised...?

Forum List

Back