Progressive policies continue to negatively impact the U.S.

P@triot

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2011
United States
Progressive policies continue to have a profound devastating impact on this country. This is just the latest example:

"Fuel supplies in at least five states — Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee and the Carolinas — were threatened by the spill, and the U.S. Department of Transportation ordered the company responsible to take corrective action before the fuel starts flowing again."

Just one leak of a single oil pipeline is negativity affecting 5 states. We had the opportunity to add the Keystone Pipeline but it was blocked by progressives. Not only would it have created jobs (that we desperately needed after the Obama regime destroyed so many of them) but it would have added the type of redundancy and additional resources we need in a situation like this.

Gas Prices Rise, Stations Running Out in Southeast U.S. After Pipeline Spill

lol, progressive policies have launched America into the modern age and invested greatly into education, science and infrastructure. All things that wouldn't be nearly where it is today if it was up to you.

We'd still be swimming in our shit if it wasn't for progressive policies.

Loserterian policies of deregulation caused the great depression and great recession.

Loserterian bullshit doesn't work and never will.

Progressive policies continue to have a profound devastating impact on this country. This is just the latest example:

"Fuel supplies in at least five states — Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee and the Carolinas — were threatened by the spill, and the U.S. Department of Transportation ordered the company responsible to take corrective action before the fuel starts flowing again."

Just one leak of a single oil pipeline is negativity affecting 5 states. We had the opportunity to add the Keystone Pipeline but it was blocked by progressives. Not only would it have created jobs (that we desperately needed after the Obama regime destroyed so many of them) but it would have added the type of redundancy and additional resources we need in a situation like this.

No dumbass. The leak is on a refined gasoline line, not oil. There has already been 6000 gallons dumped in central Alabama. Do you want them to pump more out on the ground, or would it be better to fix the break first?

lol, progressive policies have launched America into the modern age and invested greatly into education, science and infrastructure. All things that wouldn't be nearly where it is today if it was up to you.

We'd still be swimming in our shit if it wasn't for progressive policies.

Loserterian policies of deregulation caused the great depression and great recession.

Loserterian bullshit doesn't work and never will.
:cuckoo:

No dumbass. The leak is on a refined gasoline line, not oil. There has already been 6000 gallons dumped in central Alabama. Do you want them to pump more out on the ground, or would it be better to fix the break first?
Dumbass...it doesn't matter the resource, you moron. The point is - you idiots continuously block the tools we need for energy.

The fact that you have to attempt to change the issue from what it is to a discussion on "its not oil, it's refined gas" speaks volumes. I guess you can't come up with something to defend this kind of stupidity, uh? Don't worry - I wouldn't be able to either. But then, that's why I don't support progressivism.

We'd still be swimming in our shit if it wasn't for progressive policies. Loserterian policies of deregulation caused the great depression and great recession. Loserterian bullshit doesn't work and never will.
Dude...you try this same stupid lie in every thread. The federal government has no authority to "invest" in education. So your proud declaration is akin to declaring "our massive campaign to rape over a million women has successfully resulted in many pregnancies". It doesn't matter if you deem the results "good" if you broke the law to achieve those results. Moron. :bang3:

Furthermore, you progressive idiots continue to attempt to regress society. You want economic policies from the 1800's (Karl Marx), political policies from the 1700's (King George III), and energy policies from the 1600's (where there was no fracking, no nuclear, and no oil - just fire for heat and light).

Dumbass...it doesn't matter the resource, you moron. The point is - you idiots continuously block the tools we need for energy.

The fact that you have to attempt to change the issue from what it is to a discussion on "its not oil, it's refined gas" speaks volumes. I guess you can't come up with something to defend this kind of stupidity, uh? Don't worry - I wouldn't be able to either. But then, that's why I don't support progressivism.

Since you are an idiot, I'll explain this one time. The shortage is is gasoline at the pumps, which is what the broken line was transporting. Bitumen from Canada, or crude oil from anywhere else wouldn't make any difference. Refineries have plenty of feed stock. The finished product is the shortage. I know you can get this if you just try.

Since you are an idiot, I'll explain this one time. The shortage is is gasoline at the pumps, which is what the broken line was transporting. Bitumen from Canada, or crude oil from anywhere else wouldn't make any difference. Refineries have plenty of feed stock. The finished product is the shortage. I know you can get this if you just try.
Since you are beyond an idiot - I'll explain this again to you. If there were more pipelines for everything (including the "refined gasoline" that you want to focus on) this wouldn't be an issue. No worries friend - I don't expect progressives to understand redundancy or "single point of failure". These are concepts way beyond a progressives ability to grasp. It's why you people need to live off government to survive.

For starters
"The company has acknowledged that between 252,000 gallons and 336,000 gallons of gasoline leaked from a pipeline near Helena, Alabama, since the spill was first detected Sept. 9. It’s unclear when the spill actually started."

Also do you know the damage gasoline can do to the environment... It gets into the water table and contaminates the soil....

Do you know the consequences?

I mean how stupid must some of ye be.... The cost of the clean up is far higher than the last of gasoline for a few days...

For starters
"The company has acknowledged that between 252,000 gallons and 336,000 gallons of gasoline leaked from a pipeline near Helena, Alabama, since the spill was first detected Sept. 9. It’s unclear when the spill actually started."

Also do you know the damage gasoline can do to the environment... It gets into the water table and contaminates the soil....

I mean how stupid must some of ye be.... The cost of the clean up is far higher than the last of gasoline for a few days...

I guess the link I saw wasn't very accurate as far as the amount spilled. Yes the gasoline is an ecological disaster. I was mostly responding to that idiot that said there would be no shortage of gasoline in those states if the Canadian line had been completed.

Maybe we should return to the horse and buggy?

Colonial Pipeline is a private company. It has had many leaks over the years. Sounds like you would like the government to take over the transportation of petroleum or put the corporate goons who run Colonial in prison for environmental terrorism.

Do you realize that anyone with an IQ over 110 would see what a transparent attempt this is to bash common sense?

Try not lying or a while.

For starters

I guess the link I saw wasn't very accurate as far as the amount spilled. Yes the gasoline is an ecological disaster. I was mostly responding to that idiot that said there would be no shortage of gasoline in those states if the Canadian line had been completed.

Fair enough... If they ever saw a clean up for a Oil/Gas spill it is very expensive... All the soil has to be dug up and treated...

I was mostly responding to that idiot that said there would be no shortage of gasoline in those states if the Canadian line had been completed.
But that's not what I said at all. Your illiteracy is the problem. I gave the Keystone Pipeline as an example of progressives blocking the resources we need. I didn't list it as something that would've provided gasoline to the 5 states now experiencing a shortage.

Another perfect example. Not only did the progressive state income tax not balance the budget despite an astounding $126 billion in revenue - but it has made spending explode as the progressives now believe the have a blank check at their disposal...
  • In 1991, Connecticut Gov. Lowell Weicker decried the state’s “orgies of spending,” and said his income tax proposal—which would include fiscal discipline—would balance the books.
  • Connecticut recently marked the 25th anniversary of the income tax, which has resulted in little to no spending restraint.
  • State spending grew 71% faster than inflation from 1991 to 2014 and
  • Most of that went toward debt services payments and state employee benefits—which combined grew 174% over the rate of inflation, according to a report by the Yankee Institute for Public Policy, a Connecticut think tank.
  • “But many states lean on the revenue from an income tax will can discourage labor, drive down wages, and drive business to relocate.”
What Happened After Blue State Introduced an Income Tax

I was mostly responding to that idiot that said there would be no shortage of gasoline in those states if the Canadian line had been completed.
But that's not what I said at all. Your illiteracy is the problem. I gave the Keystone Pipeline as an example of progressives blocking the resources we need. I didn't list it as something that would've provided gasoline to the 5 states now experiencing a shortage.

The oil companies are responsible for their own distribution systems. If they wanted to build in redundancy to prevent this type of shortage, they would have at least proposed that at some point. You just want to blame the president for things he has no control over. Five states are suffering shortages because the company that owns that pipeline didn't sufficiently build or monitor the line to prevent the break, and you are just trying to shift the blame.

Another perfect example. Not only did the progressive state income tax not balance the budget despite an astounding $126 billion in revenue - but it has made spending explode as the progressives now believe the have a blank check at their disposal...
  • In 1991, Connecticut Gov. Lowell Weicker decried the state’s “orgies of spending,” and said his income tax proposal—which would include fiscal discipline—would balance the books.
  • Connecticut recently marked the 25th anniversary of the income tax, which has resulted in little to no spending restraint.
  • State spending grew 71% faster than inflation from 1991 to 2014 and
  • Most of that went toward debt services payments and state employee benefits—which combined grew 174% over the rate of inflation, according to a report by the Yankee Institute for Public Policy, a Connecticut think tank.
  • “But many states lean on the revenue from an income tax will can discourage labor, drive down wages, and drive business to relocate.”
What Happened After Blue State Introduced an Income Tax

Since this is your thread, why don't you at least try to stay on subject dumb ass?

Forum List

Back