Progressive Paradise: College has a "Free Speech Zone" and forbids handing out copies

You'll be dead long before you get to a FEMA camp.

Why are you Liberals always so violent?

Why do you think that was a threat of violence? I took it as it will be a long, long time before anyone get put in a FEMA Camp over First Amendment rights. But that's just me. Perhaps you just are predisposed to fear of violence? Perhaps you were seeking it out by your challenging tone?

hate to break it to you OP, but the free speech zones thing ain't new by any stretch

I don't like it, but it isn't new nor uncommon

Also it doesn't infringe upon first amendment because the first amendment only prevents government laws from prohibiting freedom of speech, not colleges

The guy has no case

It's public property, that is publicly funded. He has a VERY EASY case.

Also, what do you think of Edward Snowden, just so I can gauge your Loyalist Meter.

1. He still has no case. There is no law prohibiting free speech, only campus rules that designate it to a specific area, which the First Amendment doesn't apply to. Y'know how public schools generally don't allow students to wear shirts about controversial topics? It's the same idea.

2. Edward Snowden has nothing to do with this topic, shut up. Nonetheless, the guy had the right idea in mind, but whether in practice he handled it correctly is questionable.

Last edited:
hate to break it to you OP, but the free speech zones thing ain't new by any stretch

Also it doesn't infringe upon first amendment because the first amendment only prevents government laws from prohibiting freedom of speech, not colleges

The guy has no case

State run college IS Government.

The guy has no case

State run college IS Government.

Again, read the First Amendment.

No law has been made restricting free speech.

There is no case.

Forum List

Back