Progression or Regression, that is the question

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
re·gres·sion
noun
  1. a return to a former or less developed state
  2. a measure of the relation between the mean value of one variable (e.g., output) and corresponding values of other variables (e.g., time and cost).
pro·gres·sion
noun
  1. the process of developing or moving gradually towards a more advanced state.
    synonyms: progress, advancement
To be clear, this is the difference in my mind between the current iteration of the Republican Party, and the current iteration of the Democratic Party.

Q. Which ideology seems to support the vision outlined in the Preamble to the United States:

We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
Be honest, consider the words and their meaning for today, and for tomorrows, during this time in our history.

On the surface it appears Democrats care more about non-citizens than citizens, though I don’t trust Washington Republicans to keep Americans’ interests to heart either. Imo both parties have traveled way off the mark regarding the value and meaning of their elected statuses. The majority of them are more interested in playing partisan games than serving the people.

Both parties are regressive in their own right
I dont see progress with either party.

Big government is regressive.
Both parties need to realized that.

re·gres·sion
noun
  2. a measure of the relation between the mean value of one variable (e.g., output) and corresponding values of other variables (e.g., time and cost).
pro·gres·sion
noun
To be clear, this is the difference in my mind between the current iteration of the Republican Party, and the current iteration of the Democratic Party.

Q. Which ideology seems to support the vision outlined in the Preamble to the United States:

We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
Be honest, consider the words and their meaning for today, and for tomorrows, during this time in our history.

How much did Venezuela "progress"? How far advanced are they after embracing "progressive" economic and political ideology? It worked our great for the Chavez family who are now worth over $4 billion. So they'll embrace the "process of developing or moving gradually towards a more advanced state"; the rest of the country, not so much

re·gres·sion
noun
pro·gres·sion
noun

I think we can agree that turning the USA into a 3rd-World shithole is not progress. Yet, it is oddly championed by those who call themselves "progressive".

Last edited:
  • Banned
On the surface it appears Democrats care more about non-citizens than citizens, though I don’t trust Washington Republicans to keep Americans’ interests to heart either. Imo both parties have traveled way off the mark regarding the value and meaning of their elected statuses. The majority of them are more interested in playing partisan games than serving the people.

Your premise: "it appears Democrats care more about non-citizens than citizens" is belied by the fact that citizens in the minority (i.e. the protected class) have advantages which were supported by the D's and have been rejected, mocked and opposed by the R's.

For examples, affirmative action; gay and lesbian rights to marry and serve in our military; a Women's right to choose to serve in a combat unit; R v. W; the Equal Rights Amendment and the Lily Ledbetter fair pay act.

D's also support non citizen's who are law abiding members of our communities, and suppport their natural rights, common law rights and rights bestowed to them in our own Bill of Rights.

Trump&Co are violating human rights as I write this, and not complying with the Federal Court to return minors to their parents in the time frame set by the court, and detaining in custody both parents - without a bail hearing - and children too young to be prosecuted by law.

One must conclude either the agencies which removed and placed these kids is inept and incompetent, or that doing so is a planned effort to make others seeking entry into our country to think twice or else. A form of seeking order without justice or the rule of law.

re·gres·sion
noun
pro·gres·sion
noun

I think we can agree that turning the USA into a 3rd-World shithole is not progress. Yet, it is oddly championed by those who call themselves "progressive".

Well if you think this, you must have a basis of facts to share. Please do, and be specific as to what policies and laws progressives support which make us into a 3rd world shit hole. .
  • labor Laws?
  • The Income Tax?
  • Women's rights to vote?
  • Social Security?
  • The Civil Rights Movement?
  • The passage of Medicare?
  • The clean air and water act?
  • Affirmative Action?
  • Voting Rights Act?

Last edited:
Both parties are regressive in their own right
I dont see progress with either party.

Maybe you should open your eyes.
Says the guy with tunnel vision.
Let me guess, your hacked out ass thinks the Ds are actually "progressive" right? :lol:
Wanting mentally ill grown men to shower beside little girls like they did in Rome 2K years ago?
Totalitarianism?
inconsistency on enforcement of laws?
You fucking idiots are willing to lose national sovereignty over something you cant even prove
shall i go on?
YOU need to open your eyes
The duopoly is a bunch of bullshit.

re·gres·sion
noun
pro·gres·sion
noun

The bigots sort of missed the issue. Something in their eyes, perhaps.

re·gres·sion
noun
pro·gres·sion
noun

Well if you think this, you must have a basis of facts to share. Please do, and be specific as to what policies and laws progressives support which want to take us back to an earlier time.
  • Before labor laws
  • Before women have the right to vote\
  • Before Social Security
  • Before the Civil Rights Movement
  • Before the passage of Medicare
  • Before the clean air and water act
The civil rights and womens suffrage had nothing to do with progressives.
Labor laws? like what?
Medicare, I'm good to roll that back.
clean air and water act. I'm fine with this one, but watch a lefty gathering and a righty one. the righties are actually much cleaner. Lefties talk a good game on a clean environment, but they spoil it more than anyone.

re·gres·sion
noun
pro·gres·sion
noun

Well if you think this, you must have a basis of facts to share. Please do, and be specific as to what policies and laws progressives support which make us into a 3rd world shit hole. .
  • labor Laws
  • Women's rights to vote
  • Social Security
  • The Civil Rights Movement
  • The passage of Medicare
  • The clean air and water act
Open borders. Progressives cannot accept that you can take a Haitian or Honduran out of their shithole, but you can't take the shithole out of the Haitian or Honduran.

re·gres·sion
noun
pro·gres·sion
noun

• labor Laws
  • Women's rights to vote
  • Social Security
Open borders. Progressives cannot accept that you can take a Haitian or Honduran out of their shithole, but you can't take the shithole out of the Haitian or Honduran.

Racial and ethnic bigotry is not progressive, it is regressive.

re·gres·sion
noun
pro·gres·sion
noun

re·gres·sion
noun
pro·gres·sion
noun

• labor Laws
  • Women's rights to vote
  • Social Security

And it's nothing new. And as your example shows:

• labor Laws
  • Women's rights to vote
  • Social Security
Progressive and regressive are not historically limited one or the other political party. or even nation.

re·gres·sion
noun
pro·gres·sion
noun

• labor Laws
  • Women's rights to vote
  • Social Security

A shithole is a shithole. It is the people who make it a shithole and it can be as progressive as Mao's Cultural Revolution, but it's still a shithole.

Your premise: "it appears Democrats care more about non-citizens than citizens" is belied by the fact that citizens in the minority (i.e. the protected class) have advantages which were supported by the D's and have been rejected, mocked and opposed by the R's.

For examples, affirmative action; gay and lesbian rights to marry and serve in our military; a Women's right to choose to serve in a combat unit; R v. W; the Equal Rights Amendment and the Lily Ledbetter fair pay act.

D's also support non citizen's who are law abiding members of our communities, and suppport their natural rights, common law rights and rights bestowed to them in our own Bill of Rights.

Trump&Co are violating human rights as I write this, and not complying with the Federal Court to return minors to their parents in the time frame set by the court, and detaining in custody both parents - without a bail hearing - and children too young to be prosecuted by law.

One must conclude either the agencies which removed and placed these kids is inept and incompetent, or that doing so is a planned effort to make others seeking entry into our country to think twice or else. A form of seeking order without justice or the rule of law.
Protected & getting advantages over others.....

Think about that.

Fuck protected statuses and unearned advantages.

Join the rest of us in 2018 rather than wallowing in the needs of the 50's

I don't see regression in thinking anyone here illegally should be deported. But their are practical problems. With birthright citizenship (which is extremely unlikely to change) we have child citizens, and even still other citizens married to illegal aliens. That doesn't necessarily mean their shouldn't be unpleasant consequences for law breakers though.

even Obama first tried to detain entire families. The court's said nay, but perhaps if we could drastically reduce the period between detention and a hearing on whether or not they could stay...... And I realize Trump wants to give no due process at all to these people, despite court rulings saying due process applies.

re·gres·sion
noun
pro·gres·sion
noun

• labor Laws
  • Women's rights to vote
  • Social Security

racial and ethnic bigotry is something that exists in both parties.....

Forum List

Back