Problem Is Govt Shutdown Never Shuts Down Govt

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
All you get is political theater with Park Rangers closing roads outside of National Parks, your check from the IRS being delayed, etc etc. Let's see Obama kicked out of the White House onto the street and all Congresscritters layed off.

It amazes me is that so many people don't notice that we all survive just fine without government during these "shutdowns".

Maybe in your limited world. But in the real world when payments to contractors are cut off they can't make payroll and workers are laid off and some contractors go out of business. When government shut downs mean your paychecks stop you do notice.

It amazes me is that so many people don't notice that we all survive just fine without government during these "shutdowns".

Maybe in your limited world. But in the real world when payments to contractors are cut off they can't make payroll and workers are laid off and some contractors go out of business. When government shut downs mean your paychecks stop you do notice.
You validate my point. The only thing that happens is Big Brother figures out the best way to screw the little people. And the government employees who do get layed off end up getting back pay afterwards, thus getting extra weeks of vacation.

Wrong. Most everything is on auto pay. No seniors died trying to steal cat food from the grocery store because their check didn't come. No company went out of business because government didn't pay them for their services. No children were deprived of a little bitty michelle obama approved lunches. The earth still turned. People's alarm clocks still sounded....

Absolutely right.

even though many things continue on as before a shut down can cause significant disruption in government.....and the voice of The People is definitely heard by the president....it's probably the only way to deal with him....

for example....we do not have it in our budget to pay for 1/5 million new refugees.....especially young muslim men who will only cause more trouble and money than they are worth...

The media always blames Republcans when Obama is the guy shutting down the parks and generally acting like the asshole he is.

Wrong. Most everything is on auto pay. No seniors died trying to steal cat food from the grocery store because their check didn't come. No company went out of business because government didn't pay them for their services. No children were deprived of a little bitty michelle obama approved lunches. The earth still turned. People's alarm clocks still sounded....

Not so. I happens that I was put out of work when a shutdown stopped payments to the contractor for whom I was working and the job was shut down.

It made me stop taking jobs with contractors who do government jobs.

It's amazing how people with no knowledge are such freaking experts.

Absolutely right.

even though many things continue on as before a shut down can cause significant disruption in government.....and the voice of The People is definitely heard by the president....it's probably the only way to deal with him....

for example....we do not have it in our budget to pay for 1/5 million new refugees.....especially young muslim men who will only cause more trouble and money than they are worth...
Most likely Obama will create an Exec Order granting them immediate citizenship with no background checks.

Yo, that`s just part of life in your limited World! Obama is a Dictator out of control, and "The Tea Party" are the only ones in this Country who are stepping up! Get over your Propaganda Speech? If that is possible? It`s BS compared to what Obama is doing to this Country!!!

"GTP"
131025114405-14-sarah-palin-1025-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg

Absolutely right.

If that's what it takes for the one's holding the purse to hear The People, how come the only thing that happened last time there was a "shutdown" was some elderly veterans and some tourists were blocked out of parks?

All you get is political theater with Park Rangers closing roads outside of National Parks, your check from the IRS being delayed, etc etc. Let's see Obama kicked out of the White House onto the street and all Congresscritters layed off.

I have a son that works for the Government. The shut down is a joke.
Even if they DO shut down, they all get retro-active pay ... it's just silly....

Yo, that`s just part of life in your limited World! Obama is a Dictator out of control, and "The Tea Party" are the only ones in this Country who are stepping up! Get over your Propaganda Speech? If that is possible? It`s BS compared to what Obama is doing to this Country!!!

"GTP"
View attachment 51863
"Yo" is very impressive propaganda speech. Thank you for sharing. As for the pretty picture- you aren't fooling anyone. You only posted that to look at Sarah Palin's breasts.

the next government shutdown will probably happen in December....as the chaos in the House continues on.......defunding Planned Parenthood will be right up on top of the list....

Gov't Shutdown = Gov't workers get paid to do nothing. Nice!

I'm not really complaining but it's nuts!

Perhaps instead of shutting down the gummit, we should make some compromises on taxes and spending and balance the budge AGAIN.
In my view every budget should start at $0 every Jan 1. Right now you ask for $500B increase and get a $250B increase you took a 50% cut in DC talk.

And your view is doing such a swimmingly good job.

Yo, I answered you once? If you can`t handle the fact`s of life? That sounds like a ""Obama Puppet Syndrome?"" You will learn one day, but I doubt it!!!

"GTP"
obama-lying (1) (1).jpg

Forum List

Back