Privatizing the VA?

One thought that comes to mind.

Private medical facilities and providers are bogged done by the administrative costs of government programs. Ask any of them how much of their staff is dedicated to making out reports and filing documents for government agencies.

How much staff time is dedicated to filling out insurance forms?

How should I know. Ask your doctor.

Gov employees are far more accountae then in private .

All you have to do is whine to your local paper or rep and it becomes a big deal .

You think a private hospital cares about an unhappy patient ?
And yet the VA has been treating our vets horribly for many years.

Don't most vets give the va high marks?

I think they are over broad at the VA .

And you imply private hospitals would be better . Like they don't have issues wh treatment .

Who pays for the increased costs that for profit brings?

Erroneous assumption. The quest for profit brings efficiency and cheaper goods.

And that explains the US expenditure per capita for healthcare versus the rest world, how?
ObamaCare has solved this, how?

What does Obamacare have do do with the US cost of healthcare versus the rest of the world?
Even before Obamacare, the cost gap between the US and the world was huge.
As an early opponent of Obamacare, I still acknowledge the outrageous price Americans have paid for healthcare. Obamacare has done nothing to lower costs.
But again, the US privatized system isn't cheaper or better than the other wealthy nations healthcare systems.

Last edited:
I've been reading snippets of this idea and I find myself wondering about it. Would it be better to have private docs care for vets? More important, would it make the multitude of bureaucrats more answerable for the deeds? Or misdeeds? Would breaking the grip of Civil Service Rules and Regulations improve the care we provide for our vets?

What are your thoughts?

Read the story, How VA Privatization Can Improve Veteran's Health Care @ http://taskandpurpose.com/how-va-privatization-could-improve-veterans-health-care/

Hell no!

Go to the VA and you'll find caring techs and doctors, with very little art on the wall not done by Vets; go to a private hospital and be prepared for lots of expensive art, color coordinated walls - unlike the institutional green and blue at many VA clinics.

Private medical facilities and providers are bogged done by the administrative costs of government programs. Ask any of them how much of their staff is dedicated to making out reports and filing documents for government agencies.

Lets put it this way

Your doctor spends a whole lot more on billing and filing insurance claims than he does resonding to goverment mandates

Our healthcare system is bogged down with overhead costs unrelated to treating the sick

I've been reading snippets of this idea and I find myself wondering about it. Would it be better to have private docs care for vets? More important, would it make the multitude of bureaucrats more answerable for the deeds? Or misdeeds? Would breaking the grip of Civil Service Rules and Regulations improve the care we provide for our vets?

What are your thoughts?

Read the story, How VA Privatization Can Improve Veteran's Health Care @ http://taskandpurpose.com/how-va-privatization-could-improve-veterans-health-care/

YES, INDEED.

Obamacare has done nothing to lower costs.

But that was the implied promise.

But again, the US privatized system isn't cheaper or better than the other wealthy nations healthcare systems.
Oh, it is definitely better. Which is why it isn't cheaper.

About the only people that think the US has the best healthcare in the world are people who listen only the US healthcare system claiming to be the best and they suck op that piss. :coffee:
Hospital Errors are the Third Leading Cause of Death in U.S., and New Hospital Safety Scores Show Improvements Are Too Slow

U.S. Healthcare Ranked Dead Last Compared To 10 Other Countries

Most Efficient Health Care 2014: Countries - Bloomberg Best (and Worst)

Lets put it this way

Your doctor spends a whole lot more on billing and filing insurance claims than he does resonding to goverment mandates

Our healthcare system is bogged down with overhead costs unrelated to treating the sick

Exactly ^^^

Yeah sure, because the defense department's history with dealing with private businesses is so stellar in the waste, fraud, and abuse categories.

We can privatize the VA....just hand out insurance cards and pay for private insurance for Vets.

Only problem is we will have to be prepared to pay significantly more for veterans healthcare

I wouldn't privatize it but I'd abandon it except for the war injured that need special care. All the government red tape, law suits, sky high insurance costs, liability medicine, etc. are a poor reason to not do it. Clean that up first. Even so, dumping the VA hospitals will save a lot so that has to be figured in as well.

I worked at one for 3.5 years and NO, patients do not get top notch care, they get government care. I saw a guy die because they were dicking around with training instead of trying to save his ass. If you think the government does everything better you live in a fantasy world.

Yeah sure, because the defense department's history with dealing with private businesses is so stellar in the waste, fraud, and abuse categories.
That's a government problem, not private sector problem.
You're an idiot. It's a problem of giving profit driven companies access to billions of taxpayer dollars.
You're the idiot and you made my case. The government shouldn't be giving them access to money anymore than you should give a plumber access to yours. You hire people to do a specific task and make sure it gets done. You don't say here's my bank account, do your thing and take the funds out.

Forum List

Back