Private Jobs Down 4.6 Million From January 2008; Federal Jobs Up 11.4%

Interesting.

I say this because we have also read "statistics" telling us that new federal government hires are down.

So when facing such conflicting data, what is a citizen to do?

I suppose we could ask oursevels what and where new hires in government happened, right?

But no data is offered to tell us where these new hires in Federal government happened.

I wonder why the authors of this article thought that wasn't important enough to mention?

gov%20employment%20four%20recessions.png

By Ezra Klein

In the graph atop this post, I ran the numbers on total government employment after the 1981, 1990, 2001 and 2008 recessions. I made government employment on the eve of the recession equal to “1,” so what you’re seeing is total change in the ensuing 54 months, which is how much time has elapsed since the start of this recession.

Since Obama was elected, the public sector has lost about 600,000 jobs. If you put those jobs back, the unemployment rate would be 7.8 percent.

But what if we did more than that? At this point in George W. Bush’s administration, public-sector employment had grown by 3.7 percent. That would be equal to a bit over 800,000 jobs today. If you add those hypothetical jobs, the unemployment rate falls to 7.3 percent.

Today, Ben Polak, chairman of the economics department at Yale University, and Peter K. Schott, professor of economics at the Yale School of Management, widen the lens, with similar results:

Without this hidden austerity program, the economy would look very different. If state and local governments had followed the pattern of the previous two recessions, they would have added 1.4 million to 1.9 million jobs and overall unemployment would be 7.0 to 7.3 percent instead of 8.2 percent.​

More: Public-sector austerity in one graph - The Washington Post

America's Hidden Austerity Program - NYTimes.com

Think Government Job Losses Don't Hurt Us? Think Again | Media Matters for America

Oh, now I see where your distorted information came from - Good ole Investor's Business Daily.

How long have you had a crush on Obama?

I've never had a "crush" on Obama. Hell, I didn't even vote for him; however, I DO HAVE A CRUSH ON FACTS AND TRUTH. Doesn't it bother you to post distorted shit like that?

Come on now, we all know you have a crush on him. You aren't crying yet are you?

YAY more government jobs, they produce tons of tax revenue!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only thing they produce is the need for we taxpayers to foot the bills.

Hell. Half the Govt workforce could disappear tomorrow and the only difference we would see would be more tax dollars to use for something usefull.

Govt is a bloated pig that needs trimming big time.

Forum List

Back