Prince Philip has died aged 99, Buckingham Palace announces

The so called 'royal' family is an expensive joke.....just another example of how stupid the english are.

They outlaw racism but what is more racist than promoting royalism.....the essence of racism.

That is why they got so upset when harry married a Nig Nog.
1618183112919.png

The Royal Family cost the British Taxpayer .65p per annum. I think you yanks payed a lot more than that for ex-President Trumps fake orange tans.

I was born in Dublin so I'm an Irish Rebublican but having said that and having lived my first three years in Germany I have lived in England ever since and am a naturalised British Citizen - I have dual nationality. So when it comes to the UK I cant imagine it being anything other than a Monarchy a Republic would never suit.

1200 years of History gives the British people a unique sense of continuity through living under monarchical reign. As can be seen from the graph Queen Elizabeth ll is the most admired woman in the world EVER! As Head of State, she has seen countless Prime Ministers. US Presidents and countless other world leaders come and go. No president could ever even come close to the experience she has. OK she wasn't elected but then anybody could have been born the heir to the crown, it just happened to be her.
The UK has an elected government, an elected Prime Minister, why would we need another elected politician/president? It's quite refreshing to have a head of state who is politically neutral.

Come on admit it - you yanks who criticise the British Monarchy are just a bit jealous. Why else would you be so fascinated by TV shows like The Crown or the Harry & Megamouth interview?

"his numerous physical impairments and auditory problems made him increasingly bad-tempered, since lowered testosterone plays a part in making older men more irritable and moodier" - Prince Philip biographer Ingrid Seward

and yet his determination to be at Meghan and Harry's wedding, despite having a hip operation only 6 weeks beforehand, is an example of Prince Philip's fortitude!

Last edited:
If he's the queens husband, why isn't he the king? The prince is always the SON of the queen, not the husband.

since his car accident in January 2019, he had a renewed zest for life and become far more cheerful, because he felt he had been given a reprieve to get on with whatever remained of his life

Yep - two months from his 100th birthday. Normally, I don't give one holy F to give about Royal shit. Would rather trim my toenails. But I did watch some of the funeral this morning. It was pretty good eye candy and there were some amazing voices in that small choral.

RIP Phil - You had quite a life. That's pretty much a given.

If he's the queens husband, why isn't he the king? The prince is always the SON of the queen, not the husband.
"Prince" (from Latin "princeps") means in general the same like "first". So in case of prince or princess for children this meant in the origin "first born" (=entitled to inherit) and was also used for the other children or other possible inherits. So the "prince" means in his case perhaps "first consort" - also called Queen consort or royal consort. Or it means he was also an aspirant on the throne of England on his own. He was on position 67x as far as I heard.

... Didn't even get to name the new dynasty, Charles and his heirs should be Mountbatten, not Windsor. Philip privately complained, "I am nothing but a bloody amoeba. I am the only man in the country not allowed to give his name to his own children." House of Windsor- Wiki

But he was a Mountbatten because his mother was a Battenberg (=Mountbatten) - and the Windsors are Windsors because ... ¿how was it exactly? ... Queen Victoria was from the house Hannover and her son Edward VII. was - don't ask me how and why - a member of the house Saxe-Coburg and Gotha. He changed the name of his house to "Windsor" - what was the name of the little English town Windsor, where they had a castle near by, "Windsor castle". So indeed "Windsor" is not a traditional name but had created the tradition of a typical British - and not German - house of nobles. To be a Windsor (= member of the "house of England") is more a kind of title than a name. The Brits had under no circumstances agreed with a German name any longer.

I hope it wasn't due to the Wuhan Virus. Yes, he is 99, but like so many statistics on this virus, would there be some transparency on this if he had contracted it?

Just a thought, as I highly doubt many global figures will officially be added in these covid stats, even if they did have the virus upon their passing, as no government wants more anger against the Communists.

I don't mean to politicize his death, but I did read that he had an infection and in the context of this global pandemic where many leaders have contracted this, it's an important subject unfortunately.

RIP.

Prince Philip, Queen Elizabeth II's husband, has died aged 99, Buckingham Palace has announced.

The prince married Princess Elizabeth in 1947, five years before she became Queen, and was the longest-serving royal consort in British history.
A statement from Buckingham Palace said: "It is with deep sorrow that Her Majesty The Queen has announced the death of her beloved husband, His Royal Highness The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh.

"His Royal Highness passed away peacefully this morning at Windsor Castle."
Last month, the Duke of Edinburgh left hospital after a month-long stay for treatment.
Prince Philip and the Queen had four children, eight grandchildren and 10 great-grandchildren.
Their first son, the Prince of Wales, Prince Charles, was born in 1948, followed by his sister, the Princess Royal, Princess Anne, in 1950, the Duke of York, Prince Andrew, in 1960 and the Earl of Wessex, Prince Edward, in 1964.

Prince Philip was born on the Greek island of Corfu on 10 June 1921.
His father was Prince Andrew of Greece and Denmark, a younger son of King George I of the Hellenes.

His mother, Princess Alice, was a daughter of Lord Louis Mountbatten and a great-granddaughter of Queen Victoria.

Isn't he the goober who once said “In the event that I am reincarnated, I would like to return as a deadly virus, to contribute something to solving overpopulation” ?

Pandemics and a playboy parent: 7 things about Prince Philip

That's just fucking great. As if I don't have enough to worry about already.

Fortunatelly Prince Philip believed not in reincarnation on his own - that's why he said so. And he had the ability to make people thoughtful. Everyone always listened to him, because never anyone knew what he will say. Overpopulation is still today a big problem and nearly no one likes to discuss about. And there's some truth inside of this joke: Overpopulation is able to create deadly virusses. One reason why Covid-19 exists is also described in a joke of him, when he had said something like the Chinese eat everything what has 4 legs - except chairs. Specially no one should eat apes and/or predators or canivores. To eat apes was the African source for aids. And in China a virus which came in markets from bats over a still unknown intermediary host into human beings caused the problem covid-19.

The so called 'royal' family is an expensive joke.....just another example of how stupid the english are.
Do you really think US-Americans or Germans or anyone else is less stupid than the Brits?

By the way: Bye, bye Philip - I never knew this while you lived, but now I know: I miss you.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back