Priests burn Harry Potter books over fears of witchcraft

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

Priests in northern Poland have burned books they consider sacrilegious - including some from JK Rowling's Harry Potter series.

An evangelical group called the SMS From Heaven Foundation also burned what appeared to be symbols from other religions.

A book by Stephanie Meyer, who wrote the Twilight series of novels about vampires, was set alight too.

Evangelical Christians have often expressed concerns about the Harry Potter series, because they believe its depiction of witchcraft is dangerous to children.

Dear me. What a shower these people are.

I have a friend who is a born again Christian, and wouldn't let his kids read Harry Potter books when they were younger. Yet he dragged me to Passion of the Christ two nights in a row so I could watch some dude get the shit kicked out of him for three hours. :dunno:

Harry Potter books are full of witchcraft and sorcery that warps children's minds and need to be banned. .. :cool:

Harry Potter books should be burned because J. K. Rowling is a TOTAL Neo-Marxist Moonbat, anyone read her Twitter vomits about Muh Multiculturalism and Orange Man Bad can see she is a Leftist maniac.

They're Polish. Which is why there are so many Polish jokes.

Just as in Britain, the Welsh are the butt of so many jokes.

Exception is Dylan Thomas who was GREAT and also the actor Stanley Baker who was GREAT.

Priests in northern Poland have burned books they consider sacrilegious - including some from JK Rowling's Harry Potter series.

An evangelical group called the SMS From Heaven Foundation also burned what appeared to be symbols from other religions.

A book by Stephanie Meyer, who wrote the Twilight series of novels about vampires, was set alight too.

Evangelical Christians have often expressed concerns about the Harry Potter series, because they believe its depiction of witchcraft is dangerous to children.

christianity has its share of cuckoos, doesn't it?

I'll bet you think every Christian is like these fools.

Exception is Dylan Thomas who was GREAT and also the actor Stanley Baker who was GREAT.

I cherish my 2-disc set of "Under Milk Wood" with Thomas himself - accidentally recorded the night he died when he staggered, drunk, into the path of a New York taxicab. His was the best joke of all when he performed that "reader's theater" story live on The BBC. Featuring the "Welsh village" of "Llareggub". Too late did the censors figure out that "Llareggub" is simply "buggerall" spelt backwards.

Don't stick a pin in it, right Polly?

[...]

Some folks just never emerge from the Dark Age, intellectually speaking. That is, and likely will remain, just so. Burning books, however deplorable, is just an expression of their helplessness. As long as they abstain from burning humans, are we supposed to be concerned? And why?

Serious question - these folks are a "shower"? Care to explain what that means?

Oh, dear. I hate when books get thrown out, let alone burnt. The Harry Potter series teaches kids how to be GOOD and to stand up to evil. I wish these folks would read the books before they burn them.

[...]

Some folks just never emerge from the Dark Age, intellectually speaking. That is, and likely will remain, just so. Burning books, however deplorable, is just an expression of their helplessness. As long as they abstain from burning humans, are we supposed to be concerned? And why?

Maybe something like a "wet blanket?"

[...]

Oh, dear. I hate when books get thrown out, let alone burnt. The Harry Potter series teaches kids how to be GOOD and to stand up to evil. I wish these folks would read the books before they burn them.
They are books that encourage kids to read. When I was a child we read the Narnia books which had witches and talking animals. No doubt they would be burned today. I wonder how these cretins view Tolkien ?

[...]

I've banned the flickering images from YouDupe on this machine. So, there's nothing for me to see here. Sorry.

[...]

Rowling is "literature"?? Are you bloody joking? Phantom Comics have more literary validity than that crap!! Look: it's popular fiction on the Barbara Cartland model but literature?? A light read for teens.

Greg

They are books that encourage kids to read. When I was a child we read the Narnia books which had witches and talking animals. No doubt they would be burned today. I wonder how these cretins view Tolkien ?

And yet you turned out a communist; strange that. You sided with the Orcs!!

Greg

[...]

I've banned the flickering images from YouDupe on this machine. So, there's nothing for me to see here. Sorry.

Its worth it for a few seconds of Terry Thomas.
"Absolute shower" is just about as low as you can go.

Forum List

Back