Zone1 Priest Was Murdered in Neebraska, Iowa man under arrest for the crime.

beautress

Always Faithful
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 28, 2018
Walker County, TX
I'm not Catholic, but my heart and prayers go out to those in the Congregation who are likely horrified and saddened by all of this:

The Rev. Stephen Gutgsell was stabbed to death in the church rectory in Fort Calhoun, Nebraska. Kierre L. Williams, 43, was arrested on charges of homicide and using a weapon to commit a felony. In 2007, he pleaded guilty to theft by deception for embezzling $127,000 from an area church. He was later reassigned to another church. His brother, the Rev. Michael, was chancellor of the Omaha archdiocese from 1994 until 2003.

Suspect pictured and more details are given here:

Catholic priest?

Wanna bet the perp was sexually abused by him at some point?
What I found above did not give any reason. I'd not even thought of such a thing. :dunno:
All it said that the perp had stolen a huge amount of money from the church, which may have been the accumulation of a decision to add a building to the Church for one reason or another. Most churches do not have a spare $100,000+ account lying around unless somebody died and left their fortune to assist a church that had few assets other than its sanctuary, church school education rooms, and a kitchen with adjoining social hall to seat and feed the Congregation after services or for special occasions. Some churches rotate meetings and services in each others' homes.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back