Price of Cigarettes in your town? Marlboro..

Cost average is $8.00 near me.. Liberal state equates to high taxes.
I was in Virginia last week.
They were $3.25 in a convenience store. Just sayin..

3.05 in a democratic led govenor state of missouri.
Now the local reps are republicans and have raised property taxes 20% in the last three years.

Makes sense really. Got to pay for those pensions the Dems created by sucking up to unions.
No joke no sarcasm intended.

Just over 6 bucks a pack at local liquor store here in SoCal. Now, if you know the right folks (who get their smokes from out of state when they travel, or bring them in from Mexico) the price is a lot cheaper--but that is illegal and I wouldn't know anything more about that.

:D

$46 a carton here. $52 in Florida a year ago
There's a place in town that has loose tobacco, the tubes and machines to roll them. They hand you a container of tobacco, and the steel cartridge that holds the tubes, explain how to use the machine and you put the cartridge in the slot, dump in your tobacco and push the button.
4 minutes later, you have 200 cigarettes in a Tupperware tub and you stack them back into the box the tubes came in. On the way out, you pay 25 bucks, including tax and you're done. The wife smokes menthols which cost 2 bucks more. $52 and I have 20 packs. It takes me maybe 15 minutes including a 25 cent cup of coffee and a chat with the cute blond owner.

Last edited:
Just over 6 bucks a pack at local liquor store here in SoCal. Now, if you know the right folks (who get their smokes from out of state when they travel, or bring them in from Mexico) the price is a lot cheaper--but that is illegal and I wouldn't know anything more about that.

:lol: Obviously not enough to make you quit. STOP the madness, no more ciggies. Blech.

They're like $5.00 here in my county but in Crook County they're around $10.00.

I either smoke Pall Mall (4.25) or buy tobacco to roll my own (4.25)...

I used to buy them online from Europe but the government started seizing my shipments.

Hell, I remember buying half-cartons for 8 bucks...

I used to have my Cubans shipped in from Madrid. The damned things were made 200 miles away and traveled across the Atlantic twice to get to me

:lol: Obviously not enough to make you quit. STOP the madness, no more ciggies. Blech.

They can take my ciggies from my cold, dead hands.

Wait, uh oh. . .

:confused:

There's a place in town that has loose tobacco, the tubes and machines to roll them. They hand you a container of tobacco, and the steel cartridge that holds the tubes, explain how to use the machine and you put the cartridge in the slot, dump in your tobacco and push the button.
4 minutes later, you have 200 cigarettes in a Tupperware tub and you stack them back into the box the tubes came in. On the way out, you pay 25 bucks, including tax and you're done. The wife smokes menthols which cost 2 bucks more. $52 and I have 20 packs. It takes me maybe 15 minutes including a 25 cent cup of coffee and a chat with the cute blond owner.

I tried the roll-your-own place down the road last year. Once.
Not worth the effort to me.
So much tobacco falls out, IMO.

I buy Marlboro Special Blend 100s for $39.49 a carton

Ahhhhhh, forty bucks a carton, that really takes me back to the good old days.

I remember, waaaayyyyy back when, I would walk across the street from my high school and buy a pack of smokes for a buck from the gas station there. That was good times people!

I remember, waaaayyyyy back when, I would walk across the street from my high school and buy a pack of smokes for a buck from the gas station there. That was good times people!

Back when school lunch was $.75 I'd buy a pack for sixty-five cents and have a dime to buy a chocolate milk at lunch then eat when I got home

Back when school lunch was $.75 I'd buy a pack for sixty-five cents and have a dime to buy a chocolate milk at lunch then eat when I got home

They let you buy ciggies?

They had the same thing in Florida several places near me. One place had loose cigarettes when they opened up, but once they got the machines dialed in they were great, The place here in Foley seems to be spot on. There's no more tobacco in the bottom of my case than with my regular Camel filters.

Punk! I remember 27 cents a pack and buck seventy five cartons.

They let you buy ciggies?

Only if a certain person was working
:eusa_shhh:

And walked, barefoot, 20 miles, in the snow to school.

tracker.JPG

:bowdown:

I bought three packs of Marlboro today. I miss placed two of them within an hour of buying them.
Let me suggest this: Don't have a stroke, it really will fuck with your head.

I bought three packs of Marlboro today. I miss placed two of them within an hour of buying them.
Let me suggest this: Don't have a stroke, it really will fuck with your head.

I promise not to. I cannot, however, promise what my brain will do.

Now I'm scared--and taking an aspirin.

:confused:

:eusa_pray:

i call bullmal on this....

i live in nc...a very friendly ciggie state and reds have been 5 bucks or more for a long time

It's true, certain ones will go on sale and that's frequently the price, especially if they're new releases. Some of the 'cheap' brands are around $3.70 per pack regularly, the normal premium cigs go for around $5 per pack now that Va has added an extra $1 tax per pack on top of the usual sales tax. Considering Va is a tobacco state I'm surprised they got away with it.

We used to have cigarette machines on all the military bases, drop in a quarter and choose which pack you wanted. If there weren't any cigarette machines around you just went to the PX or base convenience store and told the clerk you were buying them for your parents. Nobody questioned it.

Forum List

Back