Pretty Winter Wonderland

Care4all

Warrior Princess
Mar 24, 2007
Maine
Okay, here are some pics from my walk with my husband yesterday down the dirt road in front of my house, in to the woods and meadows....it begins with leaving my driveway and walking right, going left heads to the main road with the mail box, (Pain in the ass that you can't get your mail delivered to your HOUSE! I guess i am a spoiled suburbia/city type, kind of gal? lol).

DSCF0169.JPG

DSCF0173.JPG

DSCF0177.JPG

OKAY, I WANT this plot of land in the next picture....it is about a half a mile down the dirt road from my house...the guy who owns the land owns about 200 acres and he would own the land to the left and right of this spot, but i would love him to sell me maybe 20 acres of it.

I would want the house positioned way back from the dirt road, on the right, where you can see a clearing in the distance with a tall pine, so it looks out on to the small meadow and big, old trees that are there on the left side of the picture....

DSCF0184.JPG

DSCF0195.JPG

Okay, here are some Deer tracks:

DSCF0197.JPG

DSCF0199.JPG

Here is a pair of Deer traveling together, in another spot

DSCF0215.JPG

I think this is a Snow Shoe Hare, a rabbit? But I am uncertain on that...?

DSCF0230.JPG

And what the heck kind of prints are these? At first I thought that it was a Fawn becaust they were small, but then on a second look, it could be the webbed feet of a Wild Turkey?

but on a third look, they are probably deer track...

DSCF0207.JPG

Last edited:
Okay, the river, technically a brook, that runs right on the other side of the meadow in front of my house, about 50 feet behind the tree line, also crosses this dirt road we are walking on about a mile up from my house....you can see in this next picture the river basin but it looks as thought it is completely frozen over and there is no running river showing....this is to the right of the road, BUT the road has a 10 foot round pipe under it to keep the river flowing, and on the other side of the road, you can see the river is still running a bit above ground, before it goes under the ice to flow.

DSCF0243.JPG

DSCF0242.JPG

DSCF0240.JPG

Here are the closing pictures, at this point my camera kept fogging up...but the sunset sky was a beauty!

DSCF0220.JPG

OH! Here is a pic of the guy's cabin that owns the 200 acres, we passed him on the way for our walk and he stopped and said when we got to his cabin, we were welcomed to go inside and warm ourselves up before the walk back to our cottage.....gees louise, are people nice here or what?

So we went in side, he had a toasty wood stove still burning down and I put my goves on top of it for a few seconds to warm them up, before the long walk back home!

DSCF0203.JPG

DSCF0246.JPG

DSCF0250.JPG

DSCF0262.JPG

DSCF0263.JPG

And then those really cool pics of Venus:

DSCF0273.JPG

DSCF0271.JPG

DSCF0269.JPG

YOU MAKE ME SICK!!!!

WHO PUT YOU UP TO THIS?

/.

I am now officially home sick for snow. (I don't care anymore for the cold)

please post some slush, ice, frozen homeless people, and downed power lines, people in school auditoriums huddled in guv blankets on crappy cots?

Beautiful pics!

But who had to shovel all the snow? :)

My next door neighbor and the guy who owns the cabin, both plow our driveway, FOR FREE.....we don't even call them, they just come and do it since we have moved here...if Ralph (the old man that owns the 200 acres) doesn't do it with his plow, then my next door neighbor who owns 10 acres and has a plow because of his long drive and his ex wife's long drive, who lives about a mile from him...(don't ask me why Dave and she are divorced and live in different houses? They spend all of their time together it seems, with their 2 teen boys? Well, anyway, if Ralph doesn't do it, then Dave does it...

Pretty keen set up, I might add...

When we were living in Massachusetts, it cost us $20 bucks a shot for someone to come and plow our shorter driveway and if he had to come out more than once to plow because it was a really big storm, then he would charge us more!

care

My next door neighbor and the guy who owns the cabin, both plow our driveway, FOR FREE.....we don't even call them, they just come and do it since we have moved here...if Ralph (the old man that owns the 200 acres) doesn't do it with his plow, then my next door neighbor who owns 10 acres and has a plow because of his long drive and his ex wife's long drive, who lives about a mile from him...(don't ask me why Dave and she are divorced and live in different houses? They spend all of their time together it seems, with their 2 teen boys? Well, anyway, if Ralph doesn't do it, then Dave does it...

When we were living in Massachusetts, it cost us $20 bucks a shot for someone to come and plow our shorter driveway and if he had to come out more than once to plow because it was a really big storm, then he would charge us more!

care
where did you live? when I lived in Somerville, ?I used the snow blower from a job I had and would clear the snow all around the 'hood...for free, and elsewhere I've lived even as a renter, I'd shovel out my own area. I was brought up that way. Neighbors help each other out. No bs classist "I'm on my own and so are you" shit for me.

where did you live? when I lived in Somerville, ?I used the snow blower from a job I had and would clear the snow all around the 'hood...for free, and elsewhere I've lived even as a renter, I'd shovel out my own area. I was brought up that way. Neighbors help each other out. No bs classist "I'm on my own and so are you" shit for me.
I actually love shoveling snow.

care

Sweet deal! Whenever we get snow here, it's usually my husband that gets the lucky task. :) But sometimes, one of our neighbors with his snow plow would do it if he's in a good mood. Thankfully, we don't get much snow here in Brooklyn, Ususally it's Long Island that gets the brunt of the snowstorms.

Sweet deal! Whenever we get snow here, it's usually my husband that gets the lucky task. :) But sometimes, one of our neighbors with his snow plow would do it if he's in a good mood. Thankfully, we don't get much snow here in Brooklyn, Ususally it's Long Island that gets the brunt of the snowstorms.

Well, I got the same deal here, my husband is responsible for digging out the entrance doors, and the back deck so my cat can go out when she gets stir crazy!

Nice to have the hubby responsible...FOR SOMETHING! LOL

Care

please post some slush, ice, frozen homeless people, and downed power lines, people in school auditoriums huddled in guv blankets on crappy cots?

How about some pics of my neighbors fighting over who gets to reserve which parking space till next April that neither of them even shoveled out?

The ice has been brutal. Yesterday, I just missed having my skull split open by a 4 foot icicle.

But other than that, the snow is supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

A few miles southeast of Worcester, about 15 miles from Rhode Island, in blackstone valley.....we got alot of snow, usually double whatever Boston got, or a girlfriend of mine that lived on the coast in Beverly.

Well, when we first bought our house in massachusetts, and had our first major snow storm, we were both out there shoveling our drive... for a good 3 hours....it was about 75 feet long in total....

And our next door neighbor, who we had not met yet, shouted over to us and asked if we wanted the name of his snow plow man....! Hahahahahaha....although he did not shovel our drive for us, we appreciated our neighbor's hospitality and offer, and we used the guy the whole time living there!

Care

Forum List

Back