President’s “Back To School Speech” Scheduled For Sept 14th

Absolutely and this could actually be it's own topic. I too tend to do that a times as it seems mind boggling to me at times the way people think. As I'm sure some people think about my views. I keep telling myself that I have to stop visiting this site because finding rational discussion without insults seems to be a very rare thing here and it can be frustrating to not have a non-partisan discussion about ANY topic.

But then I get sucked right back in and use the same insult tactics myself...certainly more then I would like to but that's probably more out of frustration that talking intelligently with someone doesn't seem to go anywhere.

I believe alot of what people say on this board is an exaggeration of what they truly believe. Not so much in an effort to defend their poisition, but more in an effort to discredit the opposition...you know...an attempt to make the speechless.

But hey, Im not a psychologist. I am an economist, political expert, mind reader, journalism expert and body language expert.

Well, not really. I just claim one of those when the debate calls for it.

LOL, good points and well said. Thanks for the refreshing conversation. Truly.

yeah, well....go to hell you liberal. :eusa_angel:

one thing that is human nature...if you do not agree with someone, you will always look for a way to trip them up and make them look foolish.

Heck...I have poeople on here trying to do that to me all the time...and yes, I try to do it as well.

Ironically...if you think about it....if you dont agree with someone and truly think they are foolish for their beliefs, then why do we seem to always look to make them look foolish? Apparently, just saying what they believe is doing that already.

Interesting. No?

Absolutely and this could actually be it's own topic. I too tend to do that a times as it seems mind boggling to me at times the way people think. As I'm sure some people think about my views. I keep telling myself that I have to stop visiting this site because finding rational discussion without insults seems to be a very rare thing here and it can be frustrating to not have a non-partisan discussion about ANY topic.

But then I get sucked right back in and use the same insult tactics myself...certainly more then I would like to but that's probably more out of frustration that talking intelligently with someone doesn't seem to go anywhere.

I believe alot of what people say on this board is an exaggeration of what they truly believe. Not so much in an effort to defend their poisition, but more in an effort to discredit the opposition...you know...an attempt to make the speechless.

But hey, Im not a psychologist. I am an economist, political expert, mind reader, journalism expert and body language expert.

I often water stuff down myself.

Fear Mongering? More like Fear of Boredom. The One's speeches have passed their shelf date. They are inevitably full of the same worn out bromides we've heard again and again - which is why his audience continues to drop.

I have plans to clean the oven or get a root canal when the Speech is broadcast. Anything is preferable to enduring any more sanctimonious hectoring from the Hypocrite In Chief.

obama-youth-3.jpg

View attachment 11341

Why the fuck would anyone listen to Ryan Seacrest?

Wasn't shown here last year, and won't be this year. Let him blow smoke up the Northeast's ass, we're done with him down South.

Who Am I?

I suffer from Narcissistic Personality Disorder

My father was a Communist, a government employee and had multiple children with several woman

My father was not interested in my Mom and I, so he abandoned us and we moved around a lot when I was young

I was not raised in the country that elected me

In my mid 30’s I wrote an autobiography highlighting my early years, political ideas, and thoughts on race

I then wrote a second book further describing my political ideas and ambitions

I’ve always maintained an exaggerated sense of self-importance

I require constant admiration

I believe in Universal Health Care

I believe capitalism is evil

I am an anti-Semite

I believe in curtailing the rights of the people to own guns

I used economic turmoil to springboard myself to political power

I destroy my political enemies

I love using Grecian Temples as a backdrop to give speeches

Louis Farakan thought very highly of me

One of my very first actions was to seize control of my nation’s car companies

So I guess Chanel is the only non partisan hack in this thread. We should give her a prize for not being a complete loon. I say wine, because the sane people in this thread will need it soon.

Are you saying that your non partisan, also?

When it comes to this kind of stuff, I am. I wouldn't care if Bush or any other Republican President spoke to my child's school or made a speech for the beginning of school. Which I have stated multiple times in this thread.

And no where did I claim I am not partisan, on other issues I probably am, everyone is at some point. This issue isn't a political issue though, it is the President making a speech about staying in school and doing your homework. This should not be a right/left issue, it shouldn't be an issue at all.
maybe you wouldn't care, but many many others would care. because they don't want someone they vehemently disagree with addressing their children. doesn't matter whether they're talking about war-mongering, the public option, or chutes and ladders.

Are you saying that your non partisan, also?

When it comes to this kind of stuff, I am. I wouldn't care if Bush or any other Republican President spoke to my child's school or made a speech for the beginning of school. Which I have stated multiple times in this thread.

And no where did I claim I am not partisan, on other issues I probably am, everyone is at some point. This issue isn't a political issue though, it is the President making a speech about staying in school and doing your homework. This should not be a right/left issue, it shouldn't be an issue at all.
maybe you wouldn't care, but many many others would care. because they don't want someone they vehemently disagree with addressing their children. doesn't matter whether they're talking about war-mongering, the public option, or chutes and ladders.

its hilarious how insecure people are about letting their kids hear opinions they disagree with

Who Am I?

I suffer from Narcissistic Personality Disorder

My father was a Communist, a government employee and had multiple children with several woman

My father was not interested in my Mom and I, so he abandoned us and we moved around a lot when I was young

I was not raised in the country that elected me

In my mid 30’s I wrote an autobiography highlighting my early years, political ideas, and thoughts on race

I then wrote a second book further describing my political ideas and ambitions

I’ve always maintained an exaggerated sense of self-importance

I require constant admiration

I believe in Universal Health Care

I believe capitalism is evil

I am an anti-Semite

I believe in curtailing the rights of the people to own guns

I used economic turmoil to springboard myself to political power

I destroy my political enemies

I love using Grecian Temples as a backdrop to give speeches

Louis Farakan thought very highly of me

One of my very first actions was to seize control of my nation’s car companies

sounds like Alois Schicklgruber's son, whom Obama is nowhere close to resembling.

its hilarious how insecure people are about letting their kids hear opinions they disagree with

it's not only about opinions. People see Bush and Obama as evil.

it's not only about opinions. People see Bush and Obama as evil.

However, I do not believe nearly as many people saw Reagan and Clinton as evil. Seems to me the divide in this country gets wider with every election.

What are you telling your child, when you tell them you don't want to go to school the day the President speaks?
My parents always taught me to respect my country and our President no matter what party he belonged to. It is okay to complain and disagree with him, but this hate mongering is just stupid. My parents never taught me to hate the President, and I had no idea my father didn't like Bush, until he was a Clinton supporter in 92.

We didn't have a black President back then.

one thing that is human nature...if you do not agree with someone, you will always look for a way to trip them up and make them look foolish.

Heck...I have poeople on here trying to do that to me all the time...and yes, I try to do it as well.

Ironically...if you think about it....if you dont agree with someone and truly think they are foolish for their beliefs, then why do we seem to always look to make them look foolish? Apparently, just saying what they believe is doing that already.

Interesting. No?

I need some winning lotto #s.

Forum List

Back