President’s “Back To School Speech” Scheduled For Sept 14th

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Let the fear mongering begin, again!

President’s “Back To School Speech” Scheduled For Sept 14th

Last year President Obama’s nationally televised speech to school children caused many conservatives like Michelle Malkin, Glenn Beck, and even Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty to go apoplectic over what some claimed, bizarrely, was an attempt at indoctrination. As it turned out, the speech a fairly innocuous address that basically just encouraged kids to do their best. Of course, that still caused some people to consider it the outrage of the day.

Well, they better brush off their old arguments, because the President will be making another speech to school children on September 14th

The White House says the president wants to speak directly to students as they resume their fall studies. And he wants to encourage them to “study hard, stay in school and take responsibility for their education.”
Last year, the president told students in a speech from Arlington, Va., that each of them had something they were good at, and something to offer the country.

I do not mind any president of any ideology speaking to the children of America regarding school...as long as he/she does not apply ideology to the speach and as long as he/she does not inject political rhetoric into the speech.

My 24 year old Likes to listen to Obama as he agrees with much of what Obama believes. My 20 year old prefers to turn him off when he rants on about how the GOP are not worthy of consideration.

Me? He seems extremely disingenuous to me. I dont blame him, I blame Axelrod. He was great to listen to before the campaign. His handlers have turned him into an insincere speaker....imho.

I remember be excited to see the President on television as a child. It was Ronald Reagan and George Bush, and I am positive my parents did not think twice about me being exposed to them. Kids don't care about whether they are republican or democrat. It is just cool to see the President.
People need to get over it, and grow up.

I remember be excited to see the President on television as a child. It was Ronald Reagan and George Bush, and I am positive my parents did not think twice about me being exposed to them. Kids don't care about whether they are republican or democrat. It is just cool to see the President.

did bush and Reagan give "back to school" speeches? I must have missed those.

George gave a speech about staying off drugs. And I am pretty sure Reagan gave a speech, but I had a teacher who made us watch something on him right before the elections.
I also remember having a class election in 2nd grade, where we got to vote. And why does it matter if they did or did not? It isn't a big deal, and it will harm no one.

The education in this country is failing, and we need to motivate the children any way we can.

yes, but back then Presidents were not on the 24/7 news and on daytime and late night talk shows.

It was rare we would ever see the President unless we were watching TV from 6:30-7:00.

But then again, back then the NY Times was printing ALL the news thats fit to print.

And the people who make a big deal about this, well it says a lot about them.

They weren't as narcissistic as obama, so no, I do not think they had a televised statement on what to do in any given school year. I think that was at one point up to the parents, and /or the teachers

I am afraid that the school children are seen as a stepping stone to the next level of propaganda that may be televised in their classrooms. Just a thought

Really? What does it say?

Only a big deal if he discusses the virtues of his personal ideology. Only a big deal if he discusses the cirtues of his initiatives.

yes, but back then Presidents were not on the 24/7 news and on daytime and late night talk shows.

It was rare we would ever see the President unless we were watching TV from 6:30-7:00.

But then again, back then the NY Times was printing ALL the news thats fit to print.

I was school in the 80's, not the 60's. I remember seeing a few specials by either Reagan or Bush about staying off drugs. I also remember having pictures of the current President in most classes, no matter what party they belonged to.

Only a big deal if he discusses the virtues of his personal ideology. Only a big deal if he discusses the cirtues of his initiatives.

Did he last year? NO!
I doubt he will this year, so you guys are making a big deal out of nothing.

Yes, that is for sure

I was school in the 80's, not the 60's. I remember seeing a few specials by either Reagan or Bush about staying off drugs. I also remember having pictures of the current President in most classes, no matter what party they belonged to.

Yes. That is for sure. A picture of the President was always in my classrooms when I was in grade chool. But so was the American Flag.

Seems times have changed.

Yes, that is for sure

Yes. That is for sure. A picture of the President was always in my classrooms when I was in grade chool. But so was the American Flag.

Seems times have changed.

american flag isn't in the classroom? the president's picture was never in the classroom at my school.

They weren't as narcissistic as obama, so no, I do not think they had a televised statement on what to do in any given school year. I think that was at one point up to the parents, and /or the teachers

I am afraid that the school children are seen as a stepping stone to the next level of propaganda that may be televised in their classrooms. Just a thought

Telling kids to work hard and stay in school is propaganda? What? :eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back