Presidential Assassinations of U.S. Citizens

Discussion in 'Politics' started by grasslands, Jul 19, 2011.

1. grasslands

grasslands Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Just think about this for a minute. Barack Obama, like George Bush before him, has claimed the authority to order American citizens murdered based solely on the unverified, uncharged, unchecked claim that they are associated with Terrorism and pose "a continuing and imminent threat to U.S. persons and interests." They're entitled to no charges, no trial, no ability to contest the accusations. Amazingly, the Bush administration's policy of merely imprisoning foreign nationals (along with a couple of American citizens) without charges -- based solely on the President's claim that they were Terrorists -- produced intense controversy for years. That, one will recall, was a grave assault on the Constitution. Shouldn't Obama's policy of ordering American citizens assassinated without any due process or checks of any kind -- not imprisoned, but killed -- produce at least as much controversy?

http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn_greenwald/2010/01/27/yemen

Don't forget he is first prez to openly claim power to assassinate American citizens without trial.

2. Charles_Main

Charles_Main AR15 Owner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,251
    Not that I am defending this, but the 3 words I put in bold. How do you know? How do you know the Facts are not checked, and verified? Exactly How many times has it been used to date??? Why do you assume that everyone in our Intelligence, and Defense community is a bunch of Lying assholes that can not be trusted at all? After all it is the word of those people that the Government would be using to carry out this power they claim to have.

Again not supporting the idea, just think your wording exposes you for someone who thinks anything to do with the CIA, NSA, or US Military must mean lies, deceit, and murder.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. grasslands

grasslands Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8
  4. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    Has Obama had Limbaugh killed yet?

I rest my case.

5. hellofromwarsaw

hellofromwarsaw BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Oh fcs you're talking about the most dangerous Alqaeda guy around, in Yemen? Get a grip...

6. waltky

waltky Wise ol' monkey Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,888
    Ron Paul gonna impeach Obama...
    :cuckoo:
    Obama impeachment a possibility, says Ron Paul
    10/3/11 : Ron Paul said Monday that President Barack Obama’s targeted killing of Anwar al-Awlaki might be an impeachable offense.

7. Charles_Main

Charles_Main AR15 Owner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,251
    Lincoln did it to. It's called killing the Enemy.

8. theHawk

theHawk Registered Conservative

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,804
    Declaring radical Muslims as traitors, long after they have already declared war on the US is hardly a call for impeachment.

To claim that these particular traitors weren't verified and checked, is disingenuous to say the least.

There are plenty of reasons to impeach Obama, this is not one of them.

9. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,419
    asslands, if you knew what the intel community knew - I think you would have shot the guy yourself given the chance.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. jgarden

jgarden Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +201
    1. Did "Anwar al Awlaki," a member of Al Qaeda, receive all the legal rights afforded to an American citizen - NO

2. Does keeping "al Awlaki" alive, an individual who had openly pledged to "fight jihad for the rest of my life," also endanger the lives of other innocent Americans whom the President has sworn to protect - YES

3. Would any of the 43 other America presidents have handled the "al Awlaki" assassination differently? - NO (If "grasslands" diagrees, let him making care to make a convincing case.)

4. Would any of the current Republican/Tea Party presidential candidates handled the "al Awlaki" assassination differently? - THAT WOULD MAKE AN INTERESTING QUESTIONING, BUT I THINK THE ANSWER WOULD BE AN OVERWHELMING "NO!"

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011