President Trump says he was 'never a fan' of the Vietnam War

I don't believe anyone was in favor of any war - including the Vietnam War. If you were asking why he didn't serve then?
Perhaps, he had a reason unlike you or everyone on the left are suggesting.

"But after he graduated from college in the spring of 1968, making him eligible to be drafted and sent to Vietnam, he received a diagnosis that would change his path: bone spurs in his heels.

The diagnosis resulted in a coveted 1-Y medical deferment that fall, exempting him from military service as the United States was undertaking huge troop deployments to Southeast Asia, inducting about 300,000 men into the military that year.

The deferment was one of five Mr. Trump received during Vietnam. The others were for education."

Trump says he was 'never a fan' of the Vietnam War

"Not a fan" was a legit reason not to serve in 1966.

Regardless of one's personal obsession with every last moment of Donald Trump's life history, Hillary Clinton lost the 2016 election and DT is and will remain President of these United States for the foreseeable time being. Think of the publicity MSNBC is dishing out daily to the Trump re-election campaign. Thank you for your service in this cause.

Trump lied and his Daddy paid a Doctor to lie about bone spurs. Some other kid from Queens NY had to go to Vietnam so Donnie could stay home and play.

Bill Clinton lied to his draft board which was technically a criminal violation and considered renouncing his citizenship while in England. Several years later he used the military to bomb Europe when he was caught with his pants down. Bernie applied for C. O. status several times before he was too old to be drafted. America's crazy old uncle, Joe Biden avoided service.

I don't believe anyone was in favor of any war - including the Vietnam War. If you were asking why he didn't serve then?

"But after he graduated from college in the spring of 1968, making him eligible to be drafted and sent to Vietnam, he received a diagnosis that would change his path: bone spurs in his heels.

The diagnosis resulted in a coveted 1-Y medical deferment that fall, exempting him from military service as the United States was undertaking huge troop deployments to Southeast Asia, inducting about 300,000 men into the military that year.

The deferment was one of five Mr. Trump received during Vietnam. The others were for education."

The education ones make sense. Those were common. But the doctor one.. His own children said he talked about how he did that as a favor to their landlord (Donalds dad). Which makes better sense how you can go from collegiate athlete, to handicapped, then back to totally fine as soon as the war was over when he couldn't even remember which foot was "injured".

Trump lied and his Daddy paid a Doctor to lie about bone spurs. Some other kid from Queens NY had to go to Vietnam so Donnie could stay home and play.
Trump's birthday came up 356 in the lottery out of 365 birthdays in the 1970 draft. He would not have been drafted. I am not here to defend him. But lie after lie after lie fed to us all with people like you means you are more dangerous then he is by your standards. I want people to get along better. But I realize that at this point there seems to be no negotiating between people with different views.

What is your point? I don't give a fuck about that...you know what's important? President Trump is neither a war monger, nor a weakling...both character traits permanently occupyied by democrats.

You've got a great President and I envy you... if you ever get tired of your safe,prosperous country, come over here and become a desperate slave to leftist globalists who yearn for war (if Killary would have won,we would be at war with Russia by now...)

....most people WERE in favor of WW2--the Japanese attacked us while faking negotiations

Forum List

Back