President Reagan died

Taps, Taps, All hands lay to well earned rest.......

President Reagan........Departing.

Since I am in no positioin to bestow awards, and since history won't recall me in any fashion, I can only offer condolences to the family and the certain knowlege that he now is in a better place.

Originally posted by Kathianne
Late yesterday afternoon, all the former presidents and John Kerry had offered condolences, except Jimmy Carter.

I still can't find anything by him on Ronald Reagan.

Former President Jimmy Carter said Sunday he joins the rest of the nation in mourning the loss of former President Ronald Reagan, the man who defeated him in the 1980 presidential election.

"This is a sad day for our country," Carter said before teaching Sunday school at his church, Maranatha Baptist Church, in his hometown of Plains. "I probably know as well as anybody what a formidable communicator and campaigner that President Reagan was. It was because of him that I was retired from my last job."

Link

A sad day for the nation, as one of our greatest presidents has passed. I remember little about the Reagan years, as I was 4 when he was elected, but I do remember the 1984 election because we studied about politics and elections in our gifted & talented class (I was in 3rd grade when Reagan swept to a second term in '84). But the more I read about REagan and understand his contributions to America and to the Repuclican Party, the more I understand that Reagan was truly a great man.

Well done - be thou at peace.

Originally posted by Avatar4321
Im reading some of the yahoo boards about it. its sad how the libs there are happy this great American is dead. This is why liberalism will continue to wither and die. Because Great Americans like Reagan will rise up and champion the cause of the common man. And even those who love this country but disagree with his views will mourn the loss of a great American. Those on the extreme left who are happy are truly sad.

I agree. Although I did not agree with many of Raegan's policies, now is not the time to bash the man. He was a hero to many Americans and to try and stomp on him in a time of mourning is, as you said, "truly sad."

Forum List

Back